There is a picture of a goat in this topic.

Ring Wraith

Well usually most people would see eating a human wrong. So technically talking about morals here, it would seem you are suggesting eating a goat is wrong. At least to me. I don't think eating a human is right. Unless its to survive in some extreme environment.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well usually most people would see eating a human wrong. So technically talking about morals here, it would seem you are suggesting eating a goat is wrong. At least to me. I don't think eating a human is right. Unless its to survive in some extreme environment.

It also had seemed like I'm PETA, but I already admitted to not being a part of that.

How is eating a human different than eating a goat?

It also had seemed like I'm PETA, but I already admitted to not being a part of that.

How is eating a human different than eating a goat?

Well it just seems wrong. I don't think animals, in the same species, should eat eachother just because.

Edited by SlayerX

Well a species as a whole should try to survive, and in order to do that they shouldn't eat eachother.

Humans have a problem with overpopulation. We really aren't endangered. Eating each other would not effect the survival any more than not having kids. In fact, it'd actually be beneficial.

Humans have a problem with overpopulation. We really aren't endangered. Eating each other would not effect the survival any more than not having kids. In fact, it'd actually be beneficial.

And yet homosexuality is seen as bad by most people? but anywho, its not about that... Also, Wars and disease help control overpopulation, as well as homosexuality, and earthquakes/similarstufftoit but i forgot what its called :mellow: . I don't think we should eat eachothr, there is something about it that bothers me. Perhaps its some old instinct or something.

Edited by SlayerX

And yet homosexuality is seen as bad by most people? but anywho, its not about that... Also, Wars and disease help control overpopulation. I don't think we should eat eachothr, there is something about it that bothers me. Perhaps its some old instinct or something.

I think the majority of people are in favor of homosexuality, actually.

EDIT: I was told by another person it isn't, so I'm going to guess it's not.

Wars and disease help, but we're still gaining.

So you're back to it's wrong just because? I think I'll eat you just because.

Edited by Ring Wraith

So you're back to it's wrong just because? I think I'll eat you just because.

Pretty much... I told you already, i don't seem to have a reason to it, but it does seem wrong.

Pretty much... I told you already, i don't seem to have a reason to it, but it does seem wrong.

That's not a good position to be in. If you feel that it is wrong, that means you are saying your feelings determine morality and right and wrong. Since my feelings are different than yours, bur equally valid because a feeling is a feeling, it follows that we are both right. However, we have oppositie conclusions, which means we can not both be right. Therefore, by feeling that it is wrong, what you are actually saying is that it is alright because there is no universal way to determine right and wrong and thus I can do whatever I want as long as I think it is right.

That's not a good position to be in. If you feel that it is wrong, that means you are saying your feelings determine morality and right and wrong. Since my feelings are different than yours, bur equally valid because a feeling is a feeling, it follows that we are both right. However, we have oppositie conclusions, which means we can not both be right. Therefore, by feeling that it is wrong, what you are actually saying is that it is alright because there is no universal way to determine right and wrong and thus I can do whatever I want as long as I think it is right.

Isn't that morality (its different for everyone)? I didn't say everyone had to see it as wrong. I said I see it as wrong. And no you can't do whatever you think its right if it involves the wellfare (mentally or physically) of another human, according to laws.

Edited by SlayerX

According to whose definition of morality?

Probably most people it seems. Most people see killing other humans as wrong therefore there is a law against it (which comes to the point why wars seem to be the exception, but thats just people being hypocritical and i don't want to get into it. Most people see being stolen from as wrong therefore there is a law against it.

Probably most people it seems. Most people see killing other humans as wrong therefore there is a law against it (which comes to the point why wars seem to be the exception, but thats just people being hypocritical and i don't want to get into it. Most people see being stolen from as wrong therefore there is a law against it.

Do most people see killing as wrong because they feel that way, or because they have been told by the law and society that it's wrong?

Do most people see killing as wrong because they feel that way, or because they have been told by the law and society that it's wrong?

Fair point.

However, i know why i see it as wrong, because i wouldn't like it being done to me.