FE4 non-canon pairings (needs feedback)

Maji

Well, call me odd, but I can't stand the canon(ish) pairings with lines n' shit, and I want to try and play without any of those pairings. Can anyone help me with my ideas? I don't want to change LachesisxAzel because I am curious about it.

Most pairings I just looked at and said to myself "hey, they might work out!" so please notify me if they're impossible to obtain, have conversations with each other somewhere in the story or something. I have done an all substitute playthrough before, so I'm confident that I can squeak by with a bad pair or two.

AdeenXBeowulf

AyraXLevin

LachesisXAzel

SylviaXLex

FuryXClaude

TiltyuXHolyn

BriggidX(Tentative)

EDIT: BriggidXJamka = canon

Edited by Maji

Canon isn't really set in stone, barring Fury. But I'm guessing you're going for no conversation pairings.

Lachesis X Azel is fun. I've done that before.

Sylvia X Lex makes a fun Leen. Holyn Leen is fun though too.

Ayra's kids are unscrewable. But Levin is probably one of the worst parents for Ska.

Aideen X Beowulf looks OK but keep in mind no inheritance.

Fury X Claude is OK.

Tiltyu X Holyn = BAD. Gives the kids nothing they want. If you're going for non canon, I suggest Arden (since you're doing Lex with Syvlia already). I'm serious.

Oh crap, totally forgot about inheritance, I suppose Ska can't really be good with an Elwind tome, eh? Either way, Lester is going to get screwed over because Aideen likes her bow men.

Dew and Ayra don't have lines, do they? Sunlight Sword with Ayra's kids sound fun.

Briggid and Holyn I've heard works wonders (providing they don't have lines)

Tiltyu and ?

Aideen and Arden- If I promote Arden, Lester will have access to at least some bows.

I want to implement Levin somewhere in there, it would be shame if I let him not have kids..

Ayra and Dew have no conversations. I actually used them together in a SOYO draft, the kids were amazing. Noish is another speechless option. Briggid and Holyn don't speak either. If you want a non-mage partner for Tiltyu, you might want to pick somebody with pursuit, to save them from Claude!Lester style glory.

My favourite non-canonical pairings would have to be:

Aideen x Beowulf

Good growths for Lester. And Rana will be Rana. Same skillset as Midayle but no inheritance of bows. Nothing a Strength Ring can't fix. You'll get better weapons soon enough.

Ayra x Jamuka

I really enjoy this one. Jamuka has good growth rates to pass on, minus skill. But that one is fixed by the minor Odo. Good skillset (all multi-hitting skills for both kids), but Skasaher won't inherit swords. His default weapon is fine for the first two chapters or so, though.

Lachesis x Azel

Really enjoy this one. Pursuit is there, so the kids won't get screwed up. And thanks to the minor Hezul, strength is not a problem either. Azel can pass on up to rank B swords, so plenty of options there. Nanna becomes a better healbot thanks to minor Fala. I really like it.

Sylvia x Lex

I usually pick Sylvia's husband last, really. Lex will do just fine. Elite will come in handy for both Lynn and Corple. And the Defence boost is nice.

Fury x Claude

Sety becomes a major powerhouse, even without Holsety. He absolutely kicks ass with his Light tome. He also becomes the best healer in the game. Though Rana may win that title due to availability. But you can't go wrong with this pairing.

Tiltyu x Levin

Arthur with Holsety and Tinny with Tron/Tornado. Enough said. Pursuit Ring can go to either kid, both are happy to have it.

Bridget x Holyn

This one REALLY helps Patty. She can inherit up to rank B swords, which is much better than her standard C. The Hero Sword will help her tons. Faval will be awesome no matter what. The Ichieval does that. Too bad Faval can't use Moonlight Hit.

Edited by Togieduo

After reading the replies, I've decided:

AideenXBeowulf- I'm kind of curious about this as I am with LachesisXAzel and definitely want to give it a try. Seeing as I'm not pairing Jamka up, should I sell his stuff in Ch. 5 and give Beowulf his good bows if inheritance even works like that? (like can Beowulf even pass things down that he can't equip?)

AyraXDew- Self-healing Lakche eh and Ska gets some 1~2 Rg weapons (WINd Sword)? Let me have some please!

LachesisXAzel- Decided from the start; no changing it, I'll have to remember to stock Delmud up with magical swords, I presume?

SylviaXLex- There was no avoiding this one, I've done it before, wanted to avoid it, but there's no one else with her semi-decent. Unless Noishe or Arden would make a good pair for her?

FuryXClaude- Excited for the major Blaggi blood on Sety's behalf and a good flying healer!

TiltyuXLevin- Much like Sylvia, I've done this before, but I think I will stick with this (my favourite Levin pairing) for an emergency Holsety if all goes wrong for me.

BriggidXHolyn- I look forward to this one, now Briggid doesn't have to be a pedo for Dew and Moonlight Sword and Patty, sounds fun.

I'm getting ahead of myself on this one, but I plan on doing a second runthrough where I pair Arden and Noishe up with someone. Truthfully, I never used them I am very curious about them. Also, I want to see how bad Corple!Levin is compared to his other Holsety kids, so I'll definitely give that a go. Now that I'm getting better at FE4 than I originally was (hard to believe that I missed Holsety once Dx ) I'm not scared to try different pairings opposed to just going with the recommended ones!

Beo can't get his hands on any bows :P. I did Noish!Sylvia on my first playthrough. It's not exactly stellar, but at least they have some durability.