• Midayle
    • Dew
    • Jamka
    • Holyn
    • Beowulf
    • Levin
    • Claude
    • Leave her unpaired

I need your opinions, I'm going to be making a pairings guide for FE4.

Edited by Darros

Voted for: AideenXMidir, AyraXLex and BriggidXHolyn, although I often find myself in a debate of Holyn vs Lex for Ayra and Holyn vs Dew for Briggid, but I like Moonlight Sword on Patty more than Sunlight Sword, and Elite on Ayra's kids more than a secondary sword skill that has activation rate issues anyway with Shooting Star Sword.

Edit: And Beowulf for Lachesis, just for Delmud as I don't really use Nanna as much as I probably should. -_-

Edited by Maji

Heh nobody voted for Aideen x Jamka yet.

Meh, I don't care what other people like or dislike.

I just don't like opinions shoved down my throat.

If I came on that way (shoving opinions in your face) sorry >_<

But I interpreted it that way by: "I need your opinions"

Anyway, I look forward to seeing your guide!

Totally PEMN on my bias against LexAyra.

Skasaher didn't cap his speed by 2. I was pretty pissed.

Then again what is his averages anyway I can't access ChinaFE anymore

I've always liked HolynAyra for the sheer overkill factor, and LOL training patty. I'd rather have the high-ass HP on melee units rather than someone who has pretty reliable tworange, and Bargain helps Ichival repair cost to go down. then again, you're talking to a person who ran through the gen2 with Lakche on massive steroids.

Also LachesisxFin and MidaylexAideen.

Objectively if you're going for speed, Lex probably helps more since Lakche is no longer the best candidate for Leg/Knight and thus footunits want increased EXP, but then again, I have a really weird thing that just gives me a mental block against LexAyra for some reasons. Still voted for HolynAyra because I fucking love that pairing.

Noishe for second.

Edited by Luminescent Kitty

If I came on that way (shoving opinions in your face) sorry >_<

But I interpreted it that way by: "I need your opinions"

Anyway, I look forward to seeing your guide!

I was replying to crashman's "no one voted for JamkaXAideen" comment. I like Jamka better as Lester's dad, and some certain people can't respect that and say shit like "OMFG NO YOUR DUMB AND STUPID AND WRONG AND STUFF" (please note slight exaggeration). I didn't take what you said like that at all.

Thanks! :D

Totally PEMN on my bias against LexAyra.

Skasaher didn't cap his speed by 2. I was pretty pissed.

According to Here he caps speed at level 26.

Edited by Darros

I was replying to crashman's "no one voted for JamkaXAideen" comment. I like Jamka better as Lester's dad, and some certain people can't respect that and say shit like "OMFG NO YOUR DUMB AND STUPID AND WRONG AND STUFF" (please note slight exaggeration). I didn't take what you said like that at all.

The only exaggeration is the capslock.

Nope. That's the skill column, which Odotwins will cap no matter the father. His average speed is 24.6. Ick.

Oh, derp. I was blind. But uh, 24.6 speed still doubles the entire game.

EDIT: Oh hey a Jamka vote, and I wasn't the one who voted.

Edited by Darros

Hence I said PEMN and I'd really rather Ska to actually cap speed.

I may actually have voted LexAyra if Ska's defense cap wasn't a bloody 22. Why IS so sandbag to Forrest class >:|

Lakche is goddess of offense so it's just a matter of more overkill is better overkill~---okay I'll stop fangirling now, guh, why can't I ever be objective with Ayraaaaa

Voted MidirxAideen, NoishxAyra, and BewoulfxBriggd.

Lakche is goddess of offense so it's just a matter of more overkill is better overkill~---okay I'll stop fangirling now, guh, why can't I ever be objective with Ayraaaaa

Astra I guess, though Ayra and her kids are generally overrated, though it's easy to see why.

Proof that people do that?

Proof that people do that?

That was like several months ago and I can't remember from where. I remember it happened in IRC Chat once. I didn't keep a log.

Edited by Darros

Ayrakids' only problems are lategame sleep-prone (easily fixed with restore) and lack of horse (LegKnightDancer might help that, though). Not having a holy weapon never hurt the twins, especially Lakche.

Although Lakche with Balmung is the most overkill overkill can be.

Which I totally did for the overkill factor. 8D

Though Shanan wants it more anyway. 1, it IS his sword, and 2, his raw stats suck compared to Lakche otherwise on average when both are at 30.

Not having a horse is a pretty big flaw since it can affect how much action you see. So I'd say that the while the Swordtwins are good units, a properly paired Delmud or Phee is easily better than them.

Even without a Holy weapon, Shanan's stats are insane. Comparing the Swordtwins to Shanan at level 30, they only beat him in stats by like, 2 points or so. Not really enough to say that his raw stats suck in comparison.

average Shanan is 23str/26SPD.

Lakche is 27str/30 spd. That's +3/+4. Plus LexLakche and Holyn Lakche I know both have HP and defense leads on Shanan as well.

Not saying Shanan's stats suck by themselves, they obviously don't, but just for comparison sakes, Lakche in terms of raw stats does trump him. 3-4 lead in a swordmaster's most important stats is kinda major. 's why Shanan has 30mt/+20 speed~

But if positioned properly, especially during long castle walks, LegKnight Dancer could really help the footunits catch up, especially on a road.

Plus I found Delmud's combat to be really lackluster even when I got him to 30 (usually I do Beo for convenience, with a nice set of sword inheritance), though Fee is definitely nice with Hero Lance.

Not having a horse by themselves is a big deal, but with the right unit placements and item distributions, it's not as bad as it would really be.

Which pairing were you looking at? I was looking at Noish!Swordkids, which is arguably their best pairing skill and statwise. 26 speed is overkill anyway, though the 3-4 strength lead might admittedly miss some ORKOs. Of course all three of them have Astra and have a high chance of activating it in a single round of combat anyway, so their offense is nearly identical.

As for Delmud, Beowulf!Delmud has high strength and Hero Sword + Charge + Pursuit + Horse is arguably enough to trump the swordkids. Fin!Delmud is similar, though more defensive and Pursuit and Hero Sword is still pretty good offense anyway. Azel!Delmud does have inferior combat to the swordkids admittedly though not by that much.

By the way, I'm curious about something Lumi. I often see you praising Ayra, Shanan, and Lackhe, but not so much Skasaha. I know you think he's good, but I don't hear you say much about Skasaha as you do about the others, especially since Skasaha might be a teensy bit better than Lackhe.

Noish isn't as good as Lex or Holyn Statwise. Skillwise, he's awesome, but Holyn/Lex Lakche+Ska have better raw stats. I do like Holyn's for the massive HP, since it's useful for getting accidentally Meteor'd in mageland lategame and the defense isn't that far off from LexAyra kids due to lolswordfighterdef. Plus Charge really is a double-edged sword. Don't get me wrong, I like it better than LexAyra, actually, it's probably my second favourite pairing for Lakche (though with my totally subjective playstyle, it actually benefitted Ska more tha Lakche), but on numbers, I'd rather use the two most canonical ones. Plus I'm more familiar with them since I did LexAyra twice and HolynAyra god knows how many times. Wanna do FinAyra sometimes, though, sounds fun~

That being said, I usually look at both Lex and Holyn's stats. I know both have the swordies cap str, that is a given. I think Lakche comes to 29.something with Lex (rounds up to 30), and hitting 30 with Holyn.

Charge doesn't actually activate nearly as much as Astra, though. Especially since Del's biggest problem is his speed and it's an AS based activation while Astra is pure skill, something that Odokids have an overload of. While their speed growths for the most part aren't that much better than Del's, the ridiculous swordfighter bases and promo gains offset that.

Also, I don't talk about Ska much because he lacks one thing that Ayra/Lakche/Shanan has.

Continue.

It does hurt him quite a bit compared to Lakche after promotion since Lakche will be now attacking TWICE as much as him, and better caps as well. As I've said countless times, Forrest is totally sandbagged and should have more defense, at the very least. I love Ska, but, a Lex Skasaher has NO advantages over Lakche, and a Holyn one only has slight durability leads. And when both have HP in the 70s, it doens't matter that much.