Super Mario Galaxy 2 - interesting progress

Celice

• 2 weeks later...

It sounded like you were able to get the Wind Waker models into the game fine, but they have no clipping, so you fall through the floors and walls. It's going to be interesting when you have the models fully functional for Mario and other things to interact with.

And for optimizing, I meant removing polygons that aren't necessary so you get better performance in the game. The developers of the games are usually good at getting rid of useless pieces, but sometimes there's room for improvement.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I saw this at about 2am this morning, and I was stoked at how simply all the levels just fit into a Mario Galaxy 2 setting. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the stuff you can come up with.

On TCRF, some members were trying to get an old unused map from Wind Waker (the one shown in the E3 video) to load up, and they ran the old format map through a converter into a secondary format, and then this secondary format into the final format supported by Wind Waker--which, you are able to import. Maybe you can use whatever program and method these members did to get even more level models from other games?

Edited by Celice

I'm also interested to see the levels from Sunshine adapted; I loved the sunshine levels but hated that damn water pack thingy. So I'd rather it have SMG2 controls and abilities and such XD Also it gives it a nice refreshing flair. If you do make a game out of this I'd for sure play it!