[FE8] PKL's Experimental SS Draft

PKL

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burn 1 RN, and Eirika will crit 5 times in a row.

I've been trying this, but no matter what I do, she won't cooperate. Waiting doesn't work, neither does attacking. I had a 4 turn clear, but that's too big of a disadvantage. I'm trying to find a video of it to see what I'm doing wrong.

I figured it out. You actually have to burn 2 RNs. (I don't know why it burns two RNs with your method, Horace, but if you burn one RN, it doesn't work.)

My first method was to route Seth E (Peak, no arrow), then move around until it was 2N, 1W, and that would burn an RN. Horace's method (seen in this video) is to route Seth as far west (on the southern route) and then move the cursor due north until the cursor lands on a space to which Seth can travel. For some reason, this burns 2 RNs, even though it looks like it should only burn 1.

Anyway, I retried with the first method (which I am positive only uses 1 RN). Only I did it twice to confirm that it is indeed 2 RNs that need to be burned.

Now to redo this horrible chapter...stupid loldier that doesn't suicide...*grumble*

Edited by Whitefang

I want to see the videos too. You tend to use good music. 8[

No music for the first video :(, I was hungry, and dinner was ready so I skipped that bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pLW4UFW3EU&feature=youtube_gdata

Note that Hypercam is stupid and cut out a small portion of chapter 3.

EDIT: Turns out that I also left in one of my fails on chapter 4.

Edited by General_Horace

Chapter 1 done.

Chapter 1 5/7

Eirika kept missing on the boss so i had to figure out how to do it in 5 turns without that happening and i did. That pacifist loldier is weird btw. He would sometimes attack and kill eirika sometimes not.

Eirika 4.79 17 6 8 12 6 3 2

---

Omg its vanessa! But itll have to wait til tomorrow.

Edit- my eirika fails so bad defensively...30 avoid/3 def/17 HP/12 AS. :/

Edited by PegKnightLover

I just hope I can keep up with you guys.

You have Franz. Shouldn't be too tough.

I'm only finishing at a reletively quick pace now because I quite frankly can't do much else right now, other than watch tv or read.

Here's the prologue till chapter 4 again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEOOHQyDCWY&feature=channel_video_title

Edited by General_Horace

Prologue - 2 turns (2 total)

HA! Ordinarily, I don't like RN manipulation, but 2 turns is too much of a handicap.

Character	LV	E	Class	HP	Str	Skill	Spd	Luck	Def	Res	Weap
Eirika		2	45	Lord	16	5	8	10	6	3	1	E-Swd

Chapter 1 - 5 turns (7 total)

Thankfully I got some sweet levels. I risked hitting the smart loldier and crit him in the face (seriously, it's like he was programmed to mess up drafts and efficiency runs).

Eirika		5	8	Lord	19	6	9	12	9	4	2	D-Swd

Chapter 2 - 7 turns (14 total)

More Eirika solo (with help from NPC Garcia). The Pure Water village is ignored, but Moulder visits the other two.

Eirika		7	79	Lord	21	6	10	14	11	4	3	C-Swd
Moulder		3	0	Priest	Base							

Chapter 3 - 11 turns (25 total)

Eirika breaks the walls in 2 turns with a Steel Sword. She's pretty awesome, but Moulder is a tad useless, so it's the best she can do to merely press onward.

I really can't wait for Lute. It takes me 3 tries to get a run where Eirika connects on the 80% chance she needs on all 4 steel sword hits (I'm already so far behind, I need this one turn!)

All of her other hits were very nearly 100%, and she has a lot of avoid herself.

Eirika		10	60	Lord	24	7	13	15	12	4	5	C-Swd
Moulder		3	24	Priest	Base							

Chapter 4 - 16 turns (41 total)

This is sad. I really needed an early unit here. Well, now I have Lute, so nothing to do but try and salvage as many turns as possible.

I don't really want to talk about this chapter.

Eirika		14	77	Lord	27	9	14	17	13	5	7	B-Swd
Moulder		3	65	Priest	Base							
Lute		3	1	Mage	18	8	7	8	9	4	7	C-Ani

Chapter 5 was going well, Eirika dodged Joshua and got a perfect level up. Then Lute died. I am very sad about this, and it's time for me to stop for a while.

Chapter 2 7/14

Eirika solo. Ross and nessie visited villages and chipped. Got all villages.

Eirika 7.23 18 8 10 13 8 3 3 C Sword

Vanessa 1.76 17 5 7 11 4 6 5 D Lance

Ross 1.67 15 5 2 3 8 3 0 E Axe

---

Chapter 3 8/22

Wall break first turns. Then rush. Eirika crit the boss with the rapier. No loot.

Eirika 8.97 19 8 11 13 9 3 3 C Sword

Vanessa 2.41 18 6 8 11 4 6 5 D Lance

Ross 4.13 18 5 3 3 10 3 0 E Axe

Colm 3.47 18 4 4 11 8 4 1 E Sword

Edited by PegKnightLover

Does anyone know how to hack a save file to see how many turns a chapter took? I hate defeat boss chapters. I don't remember if this game displays the turncounts at the end. If it does, I'm good to go. If not, I will be very sad as I attempt to defeat Chapter 6 again.

Chapter 5 - 8 turns (49 total)

Well, that went decently. To get an 8 turn clear, I had to gamble, but the knight only had a 25% displayed hit on Eirika while on the forest, so it wasn't that risky. She just had to dodge two hits.

Apparently a village got razed, because I have no Guiding Ring. Oh well, I'll get another.

Eirika		17	76	Lord	29	9	17	19	15	7	8	A-Swd
Moulder		3	76	Priest	Base							
Lute		4	42	Mage	19	9	7	8	9	4	8	C-Ani

Chapter 5x - 8 turns (57 total)

Kyle carried Ephraim all the way to the throne, Orson cleared the way and the boss. Kyle dropped Ephraim every so often to get some kills.

Ephraim		5	14	Lord	23	9	10	11	9	7	2	D-Lnc	
Kyle		5	36	Caval	Base								
Orson		4	21	Paladin	35	16	14	12	5	13	7	A-Swd	A-Lnc

I threw in Orson because he got a good level up.

Chapter 6 - ??? (I was so frustrated that I didn't look. The idiot boss didn't move away before attacking Eirika for the KO, so while this is indeed the fastest time I can get, I have no idea what it was. It was probably 6 or 7 turns).

I'm marking this down as 8 turns until I see the turncount. (65 total).

Even though Moulder still can't keep up with Eirika, at least he has a staff to spam now.

This map was very frustrating. In order to ORKO the boss, I needed Eirika to proc 2 Str and hit with the Iron Blade. Or so I thought. In the end, I tried going for crits with the Rapier. I never got one crit, but usually what would happen is the boss would attack from 2 range and get healed, essentially forcing a restart. This one lucky time, he didn't move from 1 range, and got countered. I wish I had been paying more attention to the turncount.

Eirika		19	40	Lord	31	9	19	20	16	8	10	A-Swd
Moulder		4	42	Priest	21	5	7	10	1	2	5	C-Stf
Lute		5	45	Mage	20	10	7	8	9	4	9	C-Ani

Chapter 7 - 7 turns (72 turns Estimate)

I think this is about as fast as you can go without a rescue. I kept Eirika at full health always, and she ORKO'd the Cavalier on the gate.

Eirika		20	0	Lord	31	10	19	20	17	8	10	A-Swd
Moulder		4	47	Priest	21	5	7	10	1	2	5	C-Stf
Lute		7	22	Mage	20	11	8	10	10	4	10	C-Ani

Chapter 8 - 10 turns (82 turns Estimate)

Lute proves to be tremendously useful in tearing through the Knights and mages in this stage. Moulder still sucks, though. Eirika crits the General guy to 2RKO him with the nearly depleted Rapier. Ephraim and Kyle aren't so useful.

I wish I could have gotten some loot.

Moulder		4	83	Priest	21	5	7	10	1	2	5	C-Stf	
Lute		12	44	Mage	21	14	9	12	11	5	12	B-Ani	
Ephraim		8	13	Lord	25	10	12	12	11	8	3	C-Lnc	
Kyle		6	55	Caval	25	10	6	7	6	9	1	D-Swd	C-Lnc

I think Eirika's route is my best bet. Though honestly my best bet would have been using Franz penalties early on to avoid those horrendous early chapters. That's what happens when you forget what the game is like.

Edited by Whitefang

I oficially hate chapter 5 now. I got all the villages in 6 turns. Good levels. Then i take a risk with eirika needed to finish that turn but lo, saar decided to hit with 25 display hit. Restart fffff i hate the weird and manipulative rng in this game.

Chapter 9 - 17 turns (99 total)

I think I'm getting the hang of this, but no flier means no saving of the villages. No Guiding ring means that Kyle is my only mounted unit for some time. I recruited Amelia for her Speedwing and Kyle used it on the map. It helped him to double a lot of the remaining enemies.

I tried to get Kyle as much exp as possible so that he can be useful and promote ASAP. Holy crap he got some insane level ups. So insane that I was ok with my slow progress (but pretty fast considering my team).

Also, note to self, Ephraim's chapter 9 is probably faster if your party lacks fliers.

Moulder		6	23	Priest	23	5	8	10	1	3	6	B-Stf	
Lute		15	11	Mage	21	15	10	15	12	6	12	A-Ani	
Kyle		13/1	0	Paladin	34	18	12	14	10	13	4	C-Swd	B-Lnc

Chapter 10 - 9 turns (108 total)

Finally, the rest of my party will be filled out by chapter 13.

Well, this was almost an 8 turn clear, except that Kyle can't wield Silver Lances yet. Ah well. Eirika kills Paulo with 3 (1 crit) uses of the Killing Edge. At least now I have dual mounted boss rushing goodness. Time to make up some turns...(Yeah, I'm screwed in the competition, I know that...)

Moulder		6	81	Priest	23	5	8	10	1	3	6	B-Stf	
Lute		17/1	11	MgKn	24	18	12	15	13	9	15	A-Ani	D-Stf
Kyle		13/2	4	Paladin	35	18	12	15	10	14	4	C-Swd	B-Lnc
Gerik		10	0	Merc	Base								

I'm wondering if I should promote Gerik right away. It's convenient that he comes with his own promotion item.