[FE8] PKL's Experimental SS Draft

PKL

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which route should i take with ross? For saving turns whos better? Pirate>berserker or fighter>hero? Also colm to assasin with lockpicks or rogue? Im making vanessa a falco btw for more defense.

I think Assassin is the clear-cut winner with its +1 con and silencer. I don't think you need the extra weapon slot that you'd save (and only on certain maps anyway) since he's locked to swords. You just need a standard sword, a killing edge, and maybe a lancereaver.

As for Ross, I think Berserker is probably his best class, but I'm not sure. Actually, Hero might be the best. If you can stomach it, Journeyman->Journeyman(2)->Hero gives him more boosts to his weaker stats (-2 Str, +1 Skill, +2 Def, +1 Res, same Speed, Con, and Move). Though giving up that 2 strength might not be advisable depending on how he's grown up to level 10.

My otherwise decent turncount got ruined in chapter 8 bcuz eirika is still at base def. So tirado orkos with silver lance...15 turns because i had to make him switch to javelin then rescue drop eirika and heal her with natasha. Vanessa and colm got the loot. I used the robe drop and draco on vanessa since my eirika is unsalvageable.

My otherwise decent turncount got ruined in chapter 8 bcuz eirika is still at base def. So tirado orkos with silver lance...15 turns because i had to make him switch to javelin then rescue drop eirika and heal her with natasha. Vanessa and colm got the loot. I used the robe drop and draco on vanessa since my eirika is unsalvageable.

Chapter 11 - 10 turns (118 total)

Fog and drafts really don't mix well. Instead of suiciding on turn 9, the last enemy ran away, so I had to track him down.

Character	LV	E	Class	HP	Str	Skill	Spd	Luck	Def	Res	Weap	
Eirika		20	0	Lord	31	10	19	20	17	8	10	A-Swd	
Moulder		7	59	Priest	23	6	8	11	1	3	6	B-Stf	
Lute		17/2	35	MgKn	25	19	12	16	13	9	15	S-Ani	D-Stf
Kyle		13/3	14	Paladin	36	18	13	15	10	14	5	C-Swd	A-Lnc
Gerik		10/3	38	Hero	38	16	15	16	9	12	6	B-Swd	D-Axe
Dozla		1	90	Bersk	Base								

Chapter 12 - 13 turns (131 total)

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Dozla stayed behind and handled himself, barely. Lute, Kyle, and Gerik handled the rest of the map fairly easily.

Moulder		8	5	Priest	23	6	9	11	1	3	6	B-Stf	
Lute		17/3	18	MgKn	25	20	13	17	13	9	15	S-Ani	D-Stf
Kyle		13/5	18	Paladin	38	18	15	15	11	15	6	C-Swd	S-Lnc
Gerik		10/5	40	Hero	40	16	17	17	11	12	6	B-Swd	C-Axe
Dozla		2	76	Bersk	43	16	12	10	4	11	6	B-Axe	
Ewan		1	0	Haha	Base								

Chapter 13 - 7 turns (138 total)

Now we're cooking with gasoline. Kyle does pretty well with a bunch of javelins, Dozla goes south then back west, Gerik went north then back west, Lute went North then went east to help out Kyle. There was one bad round when Kyle's Javelin broke and his next weapon was a Steel Lance, but other than that minor hiccup, all went as planned. If I'd planned a bit better, I could have done it in 6 turns with a Silver Lance. Of course, if I hadn't needed Cormag, I probably could have done it much faster. Cormag will save turns soon, though.

Couldn't quite get Cormag a level, but I don't care too much. He's promoted after the chapter to a Wyvern Lord.

Moulder		8	37	Priest	23	6	9	11	1	3	6	A-Stf	
Lute		17/5	48	MgKn	26	21	14	18	13	10	15	S-Ani	D-Stf
Kyle		13/6	91	Paladin	39	19	16	16	11	15	6	C-Swd	S-Lnc
Gerik		10/5	41	Hero	40	16	17	17	11	12	6	B-Swd	C-Axe
Dozla		3	46	Bersk	44	16	13	10	4	11	6	A-Axe	
Ewan		1	42	Haha	Base								
Cormag		11/1	0	WyvLord	32	16	9	10	4	12	2	C-Lnc	

Who thinks chapter 15 is too long for franz to stay unpromoted? Should I change the rule so that he cant use the chapter 7 knight crest? The next knight crest would be in chapter 13, Aias the boss drops it. So he'd promote in chapter 14.

Should I change the rule so that he cant use the chapter 7 knight crest?

I think that's it. It's of note that taking Ephraim's route would give you a significantly earlier promotion (C11 Deployment screen) but I think that's much better than waiting until the fucking desert, of all chapters.

I think that's it. It's of note that taking Ephraim's route would give you a significantly earlier promotion (C11 Deployment screen) but I think that's much better than waiting until the fucking desert, of all chapters.

I'm fine with the updated rules including Franz promoting using the second Knight's Crest.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I had updated the rule. The new rule is that he cannot promote using the chapter 7 knight crest. And Vanessa only needs a limitation to her rescue dropping in chapter 7 anyway so I updated that too. Im so lost @ this draft that I need to restart, I was in chapter 9 but I dont even know what to do anymore XD and my eirika has loldurability worthy of a restart.

After the first try, the game is a walk in the park...Im in chapter 6 and I have a much better turncount and a better eirika. But, I wanted to know, will I need the ch.5 guiding ring for artur? Because I lost it :(. I left a save at the beginning of chapter 5 just in case. I have both artur and natasha so I might need it. Plus, that shiny armorslayer that I lost :(. Everyone leveled up awesomely in that chapter though and Vanessa got the boss kill so idk what to do @_@.

Edited by PegKnightLover