Aureola's Unfortunately Named Sprite Gallery

Aureola

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope.

Magic sword animations are only meant to have two frames.

Nope.

The FEditor can handle more than two frames. Besides it's the author's animation, he can do as wish.

Edited by Canas

• 2 weeks later...

It's a bad animation that I'll probably end up redoing, but it's also a magic attack, not a magic sword attack, so even if I cared at all about limiting myself to two frames it wouldn't matter.

Also these total war steam promos have reminded me I need to touch this guy --->

2012-09-30_1458.png

On the far right up, so I did. Any critique on these current four rather than the number of frames on three page old animations would be excellent (though this doesn't mean I'm not going to improve the old one at some point. I'm generally scrapping a lot of older animations stick frames I made before learning to animate with my tablet because the quality is significantly lower than what I'm now capable of)

I've got the bamboo pen and touch currently, which no longer exists because Wacom's scrambled around their product line but I think it's about the equivalent of the bamboo capture, which is $99. Works pretty well for me, but I have no idea how much money you're willing to shell out for something like that. If you're using it primarily for pixel art you probably don't need a particularly high end tablet because things like pressure sensitivity and active area size aren't very significant in spriting.

I'm feeling the standard bearer's chest is a little too puffed out to make any sense so I'm probably gonna go correct that... Head might make more sense after some spinal adjustment.

e: oh you said standard, not head. Dunno if I want to fix that because I'm not actually sure if I can make it still distinctively and eagle while held at an angle, though that might make more sense.

e2: buhh getting some major not worth it vibes but idunno, you all be the judge:

2012-09-30_1557.png

Edited by Aureola

Yeah, the plan is to make them grant movement and possibly other buffs specifically to legionaires. I'm also toying around with the idea of giving enemies support type relationships where other troops could get buffs simply for standing next to a standard bearer.

Of course, all of this is in the extremely conceptual phase, but I like to have some sort of explanation for the things I'm spriting.

I'm seeing bird rather than pegasus myself. Overall though it looks way better.

As for the robe-swordy the free hand does seem off. Like he's holding on to some invisible railing for support. A simple clenched fist at the side seems more appropriate.

Robe-sword guy looks like he's showing us his legs, Lyn-style. TBH I liked his original pose better even if it didn't make that much sense. Then again, you only have to look at animation like the Hero animation to realise that FE sprites don't really make sense.

Oh hey I did this awhile ago.

signifer.gif

At one point I had the other hand doing something too but it looked like he was disco-ing and doesn't really make any sense, so I'm happy with this.

edit: also someone please explain to me how these dirt puffs work because I'm fairly certain I'm doing it wrong.

Edited by Aureola

• 2 years later...