• H2
    • H3
    • H4
    • H5

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Il give you rich the thief in that case :P: and if my rate of unit spamming isnt too overkill yet, Cord DM/Horseman. Maybe that makes some kind of levin joke...

Im a nice person so you get Swordmaster Jagen too (the niceness was letting you have Curate/Sage)

Edited by Sho.M.The.Panty

Il give you rich the thief in that case :P: and if my rate of unit spamming isnt too overkill yet, Cord DM/Horseman. Maybe that makes some kind of levin joke...

Im a nice person so you get Swordmaster Jagen too (the niceness was letting you have Curate/Sage)

Swordmaster Jagen is better than Swordmaster Wendell or Boah! Plus Silver Lance for the first 3 chapters will be helpful.

3 Picks left to be made.

Female Myrm -> Sage

Male Curate -> Sage

Hunter -> Sorcerer

Once the final pick is made, the poll will be closed.

Swordmaster Jagen is better than Swordmaster Wendell or Boah! Plus Silver Lance for the first 3 chapters will be helpful.

Oh right. I completely forgot that Male A premotes consist of 2 mages and Jagen :/:

That silver is pretty damn epic indeed and he should get B swords by the time you get first Silver Sword anyway. (15 rounds of combat with swords or something that silly)

Alright, you guys rock!

1. H1 (1 votes [6.25%])
  2. H2 (3 votes [18.75%])
  3. H3 (7 votes [43.75%])
  4. H4 (1 votes [6.25%])
  5. H5 (4 votes [25.00%])

H3 is the mode of choice by 2.5 votes (my vote was to be a tiebreaker if necessary). 4 of you made me very nervous.

Here is the necessary unit list and what I expect from them. As you may have gathered, one of my goals in this playthrough is to see how well the classes work together (or don't work together).

Peg Knight -> Sniper Lena: At base, she has 11 AS and 10 ATK with an Iron Lance. 9 AS and 11 ATK with a Javelin. She'll be good chip early, but without some lucky strength procs, she's doomed to chip and only then with forge help.

Myrm -> Sage Palla: Haven't checked numbers yet, but she joins late. She should be decent until promotion when she'll become a staff chick.

Archer -> Paladin Caeda: Well, lol Archer, but when she becomes a Paladin she should have 8 strength and she'll withstand 3 attacks of up to 22 ATK.

Mage -> Bishop Est: Another late joiner, but staff chicks are always useful and mages can usually give a good chip. She'll be 2HKO'd by attacks of 14 to 22 at base, though.

Cleric -> Falcoknight Athena: She won't be a cleric for long. I'll need her on the front lines. I'm thinking maybe the 4th to promote depending on if I'll be able to use her immediately.

Swordmaster Midia: Chip. 5 strength halfway through the game? Jagen had that at the start. It will be difficult to use her, but I may have to.

Cavalier -> Dracoknight Radd: MVP? No, he'll have trouble doubling. Massive offense and defense, though.

Myrmidon -> Sniper Roshea: He's going to start off slow, but if I can develop him, he'll become a very good supporting unit.

Archer -> Paladin Wrys: What can you say about the worst unit on this team? He'll be absolutely dependant on those huge stat bonuses that you get from being an archer and a paladin. He might actually be a pleasant surprise.

Mage -> Bishop Vyland: See Est.

Curate -> Sage Gordin: He'll probably have 1 magic after promotion, so, yeah. Staffbot.

Swordmaster Jagen: Good bases (for early game), good weapon ranks. He will be crucial support.

Fighter -> Hero Draug: Well, I bashed him in Sho's topic, but I think I was wrong. He'll be just as durable as Caeda thanks to his high HP, with 1 less Speed and 3 more strength at 10/1.

Hunter -> Sorceror Macellan: Chip -> Chip+Staffbot is what I'm thinking here.

Pirate -> Warrior Caesar: I don't know, his bases will hold up for a while, but he'll probably become less and less useful.

Dark Mage -> Horseman Cord: He might actually get some Magic growth and use the Levin sword until his strength overtakes it. He'll be good support.

Knight -> Berserker Darros: What? What is this? 10/1 Darros will be extremely balanced. Like, Eliwood balanced. Who knows what he'll be good at.

Mercenary -> General Barst: YES! He'll be awesome but oh so slow! His usefulness will fully depend on how good the rest of the team is and whether or not he can keep up with the fighting.

Marth: He may need to have some outstanding levels.

Rickard: Worse than Julian in combat, but I doubt it will matter.

Beck: Cool, I'll need an excuse as to why this chapter takes so long.

Tiki: A good excuse to get experience for my team as I waste turns acquire Bantu and Tiki. So, secretly, thanks!

Turncount Goal Estimate: NO IDEA.

Edited by Whitefang

I was going to say 250, but 200 sounds a bit more reasonable.

Here is the chapter 1 review. Please let me know if this informative, boring, whatever. Critiques are welcome.

Chapter 1 8/8 turns

So, H3. The Pirates have 13-14 ATK. Marth, Caeda, and Gordin are 3RKO'd (2 if Steel Bow equipped). Jagen is 5RKO'd, and Draug is 7RKO'd.

Marth hit up the villagers for some cash (It doesn't seem likely to beat the chapter any faster, so it seemed wise). Abel gives Caeda his Javelin and Cain gives Jagen his Iron Lance (useless for now.)

I had Jagen park himself on the Fort to critically wound two Pirates, whom Gordin and Draug chipped to kill. Abel got some weaponry. Caeda missed the Thief with a Javelin.

Marth begins heading west, and the strategy is to have Jagen tank the hits with a Silver Lance (4 total hits on Pirates), allowing Gordin to kill (4 Steel Bow uses, 1 Iron Bow use). Caeda tanked one Pirate, and thanks to her speed she can also put them into "critical" status, ready to be chipped.

The strategy wasn't flawless, Draug had to drop behind a bit to keep Gordin safe, and Abel and Cain kept the heat off of Gordin and Caeda when necessary.

Draug made a fighting retreat toward the boss, in case he needed to help chip in, and he got the lion's share of exp thanks to his beefiness.

Draug level up: +HP, +Skill

Draug level up: +HP, +Skill

The Hunter was killed by Jagen (Silver Lance + Iron Sword). His position on the fort enabled him to damage one of the 3 Pirates in the West area. Next turn Marth is on the Mountain, Jagen finishes the wounded Pirate, and on EP the 2 attack Marth. Jagen Silvers one, freeing Marth to recruit Wrys. Gordin and Caeda team up to kill the last roaming pirate in this area. Wrys heals Jagen in preparation for the boss strategy.

This is the part that required a few restarts thanks to lances (Seriously, Abel and Cain would have been very helpful guys). The enemies all had B rank axes as well, ensuring near 100% hit rates on my units.

Well, on PP, Jagen hits ol' Gazzak with a Silver Lance, then counters on EP with the Silver Lance (Gazzak deals 13 damage to Jagen, but Wrys heals before the EP hit).

Here is where I had two chances to win. Caeda, Gordin, and Draug can all try to chip from 2 range and deal enough damage to give Jagen a chance (85 displayed hit) to finish off Gazak with an Iron Sword. If unsuccessful, I can still fall back to using one more Silver Lance use. Ultimately, the unlikely string of 3 hits works (makes up for a few misses Caeda had on the Thief), so Jagen finishes with the Iron Sword and Marth seizes after Abel and Cain take out some weapons to prepare for next chapter.

2 Pirates are left alive.

Edited by Whitefang

Chapter 2 9/17 turns

The enemies got a big upgrade to their attacks. Draug can take about 4 hits, Jagen and Barst 3, and everyone else a mere 2.

Barst and Jagen get into range of one Pirate each, and they do some good damage on the counter (Steel weapons equipped).

Darros recruits himself.

Cord KOs a wounded Pirate, Gordin KOs a thief.

Gordin level up: +HP, +Luck

Caeda level up: +Speed, +Luck

Marth and Jagen get in position to block the Cavaliers. Everyone heads west to get in position to chip.

Marth counters with a Rapier and deals 13 damage to the Cavs (Marth survives with 2HP remaining). Bord dies to a Thief.

Wrys heals up Marth, and I prepare to hunker down for a turn to recuperate. Caeda and Marth PRF their way to kills, while I set up Ogma and Cain to tank some hits.

Marth level up: +HP

Jagen wishes that he could just charge ahead, but he needs a heal. That means my team is stuck in between the rivers for now.

Wrys level up: +Magic, +Speed

Wounded Cain makes a battle save. Ogma goes to block the southern bridge. Jagen, Gordin, and Cord team up to kill a Pirate. Abel also moves to the front lines.

Jagen level up: +Speed

Draug kills the last hunter straggler from the initial northern enemies.

Draug level up: +Skill, +Speed, +Defense

I end up recruiting Castor because this way I can use only one resource to get him out of the way, plus I get his bow and he can absorb some damage.

Abel dies. Cain dies. Ogma dies. My decoys are a little too effective.

Barst KOs the Hunter, so now Caeda is relatively safe. Marth hits the next village.

Jagen and Gordin kill one Pirate.

Castor bites the dust.

I manage to kill the last generic enemies. Finally down to one Pirate. Gomer.

Darros can't do much, so I send him shopping. Even Draug is 2RKO'd by this jerk (ORKO'd at his current HP level).

I set up Jagen to counter with a Steel Sword, and wait.

Jagen deals 8 damage, but received 12, putting him in the danger zone.

I decide to press my luck. Barst goes in with a 57% hit, and…crits! (3%) YES! I was thinking I'd have to team up everybody who could survive a counter (Barst, Cord, Caeda, Jagen with a heal), but that made it a lot easier. Thanks, Barst!

Barst level up: +HP, +Speed

I feel pretty good about this chapter. I don't know how it would be possible to do this faster and have my recruited characters survive. The enemies don't go down easily.

I am extremely sad that no one has gotten +Strength yet.

Edited by Whitefang

Ok, let's see. Clearly this needs to be less boring. That's hard, though, because I am a fairly boring fellow.

When last we met, Marth had just defeated Gomer the Pirate. We now rejoin him in action against the soothsires.

I had a few specific goals for this chapter.

#1: Keep Julian alive, so as to more easily recruit Rickard.

#2: Recruit Navarre and keep him alive for future use.

Chapter 3 14/31 turns

Due to the strength of the enemies and the fact that I can't let anyone die, I had to proceed very cautiously. Barst and Jagen were on point, being the only ones who could survive for more than 3 rounds. Thankfully they also have my best offensive capabilities as well. My first step was to send everyone west and have Marth get the Devil Axe, which I knew would be key for a quick victory.

To win, I had to defeat the 3 Fighters and 2 Hunters that get pulled from the west before the Fighters, Thieves, and Navarre caught up to Lena. This was tricky, but I was able to wound one Fighter twice (Jagen counter + Barst counter) and one Fighter once (Barst counter). The hunters could be 2HKO'd, and they were the priority, but I had to kill at least the 2 wounded fighters and leave everyone enough health to survive his combat. This was surprisingly difficult, but it worked out that I had just enough units to perform the task, and the enemy fighter remaining could only target Wrys, who survived with 2 HP remaining. The only bad part was that I got 2 empty level ups after I used both battle saves, and then I had to fight off the rest of the enemies.

The thieves could ORKO Lena, so I had no time to rest before I had to protect her. I positioned Draug to protect Lena from the thieves, but I had to position Caeda to protect her from Navarre. He critted Caeda twice in a row and I had to restart from the battle save after the first wave of enemies was defeated. Since the thieves are easy to kill compared to hunters, this group of enemies was dealt with easily, and my attention turned to the boss. Thankfully, Marth had been on his way west to trigger the last two fighters to move south. He stood on the fort and countered, then it was time for Jagen to stand on the fort while Darros and Gordin attacked from range.

I had no battle saves left, so with trepidation I approached him for a counter with Jagen and a Steel Sword. The first round was 3 misses. (So I could shave off a turn, but the odds don't favor it.) The next round was more successful, and Jagen retreated to the fort, used a vulnerary, and received the last of the heal staff from Lena. Draug positioned himself to take a beating, but he successfuly countered (after the fort heal, Jagen's effective damage was 1, so this was a crucial counter.) This left Reynard with enough HP to be killed by Jagen with a Steel Sword and Barst with the Devil Axe (which I made sure Marth gave to him several turns ago.) The hit rates were good, and I avoided the backlash effect, so victory is mine!

I really hope that my turncounts start going up, but keeping Lena safe was impossible without everyone to help and recruiting Navarre, so I don't know how I could have done it any faster. Maybe Julian could have survived by blocking the mountain pass? I'll need him to save some turns recruiting Rickard I think. I hope I made the right decision.

Final stats in everyone's natural class.

Unit	Level	Exp	Class	HP	Str	Mag	Skl	Spd	Lck	Def	Res	Weapon Ranks
Marth	2	70	Lord	19	5	0	3	7	7	7	0	Sword D
Caeda	3	92	Peg	17	4	1	7	14	11	7	6	Lance D
Jagen	2	94	Paladin	22	7	1	10	9	1	9	6	Sword D, Lance B
Draug	5	54	Knight	22	7	0	7	4	2	12	0	Lance C
Gordin	3	41	Archer	19	5	0	3	4	5	6	0	Bow D
Wrys	3	21	Curate	16	0	3	5	7	3	3	6	Staff E
Barst	5	72	Fighter	25	10	0	6	10	5	6	0	Axe D
Cord	3	50	Fighter	20	8	0	5	10	5	5	0	Axe E
Darros	3	60	Pirate	21	6	0	2	7	3	5	0	Axe D
Lena	4	19	Cleric	16	0	2	7	8	9	3	7	Staff C

Preparations screen!

Hunter!Unil is better than Archer!Gordin +1 Strength, +2 Speed (worse HP and defense, though).

Knight!Dua has more defense than Knight!Draug, but sucks otherwise.

I thought that was pretty lolworthy

Edit:Forgot about the turncounts! HAH! Anyway, I just reclassed everyone, and Wrys is a better archer than Gordin. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif Thankfully Gordin is now a curate.

Edited by Whitefang

I had a 13 turn clear for Chapter 4, but I said, "NO! That is not good enough for my faithful readers! So now I am trying again using a similar strategy. I think if I can successfully delay the fighters and not provoke the western hunter, I can get a much faster clear.

A few notes.

Here are the stats in everyone's new class.

Marth	2	70	Lord	19	5	0	3	7	7	7	0	Sword D
Caeda	3	92	Archer	17	5	0	5	11	11	8	0	Bow E
Jagen	2	94	Master	22	5	1	16	15	1	7	3	Sword B
Draug	5	54	Fighter	24	6	0	6	11	2	4	0	Axe E
Gordin	3	41	Curate	19	0	1	1	4	5	3	6	Staff E
Wrys	3	21	Archer	16	5	2	7	7	3	6	0	Bow E
Barst	5	72	Merc	21	9	0	13	13	5	8	0	Sword E
Cord	3	50	DM	16	3	2	5	6	5	6	3	Tome E
Darros	3	60	Knight	21	7	0	3	1	3	12	0	Lance E
Lena	4	19	Pegasus	16	4	3	11	12	9	7	5	Lance E

Evaluations so far:

After playing through this chapter, it's pretty amazing how much better my team is now (the enemies being weaker certainly helps a bit). The weird growths may dampen this after a while.

Caeda as an archer survives very well against archers and horseman, and I'm actually using her as bait in Chapter 4.

Jagen doubles nearly everything, but he loses 3 AS when wielding a Steel Sword. Since we finally have mostly lance enemies, he loses 2 ATK (thanks to B sword rank) against most of the enemies. Most notably the boss of Chapter 4.

Draug is pretty vanilla, but in a good way.

Gordin is able to heal every turn and stay out of harm's way. No complaints except that his healing rate is pitiful.

Wrys can survive one round of combat against the bow wielding foes, so he is contributing a small amount of damage.

Barst is a super star. I chose to give him the first forge and I haven't regretted it (though a forged Rapier might have been more useful for this particular map).

Cord targets resistance, which is usually 0, so he is pretty important to beating the boss and the knight who guards the way to the boss.

Darros can't gain any speed, so I'm hoping to use him while I can to get him to level 10, otherwise he'll have a hard time keeping up with everyone else even with his high defense.

Lena is amazing. For some reason, the AI doesn't target her, instead targeting Barst and Cord. She doubles, but deals little damage, but her utility is very nice. The only downside is no Wing Spear.

Oh yeah, I just goofed on my second attempt at Chapter 4 (got a horseman in the way of the knight, didn't get Marth in position to cross the river either), so don't expect to see a new post until maybe tomorrow night.

Edited by Whitefang

Today we're serving up two-for-one specials as my party effortlessly clears chapter 5.

Chapter 4 10/41 turns

A +5 Might, +6 Critical Iron Sword called Kua'aina is forged and given to Barst.

Lena, Marth, Jagen, Cord, Darros, and Barst form a wall to block the cavaliers and this allows everyone to receive at most one attack while still countering. The horseman and archers can be countered by Caeda and Wrys, while Jagen can cross the river to finish one off. Cord and Marth kill the knight blocking the way, and from then Draug guards the way to hold off the pesky Fighters.

Cord is again useful, thanks to essentially having Luna on all his attacks. Barst gets a critical again and Marth seizes easily.

Chapter 5 5/46 turns

A +6 Might, +6 Critical Fire Tome called Ahi is forged and given to Cord. I can't field Navarre or Julian as shields, so I probably have to make sure that Hardin, Wolf, and Sedgar get killed this chapter.

Yeah, a turn slower than the minimum, but that was because my knight killer, Cord, had to kill a knight who wandered into my way. For your amusement, though, I had to battle save and restart until Marth survived a 79 displayed hit from the boss. You're welcome! Merach was killed by a Marth Rapier counter, Cord with Ahi, Barst with Kua'aina, and Jagen with a Silver Sword. Thankfully I learned my lesson and didn't give Jagen the kill (I keep forgetting about the exp formula). Barst got the kill. Jagen got a crit, giving Barst some extra insurance. Man I'd have been upset if someone had missed...

Other fun involved planning to get Lena a kill, but Darros stealing it with a critical. He gained speed, so I'm not too broken up about it. The biggest issue that I have right now is that only Jagen and Marth have decent weapon levels. On the plus side, Mage!Vyland and Myrmidon!Roshea?

Marth	4	18	Lord	20	6	0	5	8	9	7	0	Sword D
Caeda	6	9	Archer	19	5	0	7	14	13	9	0	Bow E
Jagen	3	72	Master	22	5	1	17	15	2	7	3	Sword B
Draug	6	11	Fighter	25	6	0	6	12	3	4	0	Axe E
Gordin	5	62	Curate	19	0	1	1	4	5	4	6	Staff E
Wrys	4	5	Archer	17	5	2	7	8	4	6	0	Bow E
Barst	7	55	Merc	22	10	0	13	13	6	8	0	Sword E
Cord	5	7	DM	17	3	3	5	7	5	6	3	Tome E
Darros	5	31	Knight	23	8	0	3	1	3	14	0	Lance E
Lena	5	44	Pegasus	16	5	3	11	13	10	7	5	Lance E
Roshea	3	10	Myrm	20	4	0	12	12	4	4	0	Sword E
Vyland	1	30	Mage	18	0	3	2	3	2	2	3	Tome E

Vyland is like a loldier, only with less HP...What a crappy guy. Still, he can wield Ahi, which may or may not prove useful in killing the boss (Cord and Vyland can team up for 22 damage).

I'm looking at the Chapter 6 map and thinking, "How am I going to do this quickly? Or at all?" I shall formulate a plan worthy of my party, and post again my wondrous progress.

Well, it's hard to come up with clever names for forges, so I decided to go with a Hawaiian theme. Kua'aina is a burger joint that serves amazing burgers. Of course 'ahi is commonly spelled ahi and is a type of tuna. This ahi, though, simply means "fire".

Nonetheless, it's also humorous to think of Cord slinging fish at his foes for massive damage.

• 2 weeks later...

This was a tough one. How do you guys feel about an 11 turn clear of chapter 6? My biggest problems are survivability and weapon levels. (And losing the armor slayer).

Basically, only Barst and Jagen can survive more than 2 hits usually (and Darros was necessary to halt the Knight in the doorway to allow Caeda to pick off the Silver Lance cavalier). I also needed to sacrifice Navarre early, and my only other meatshield was tied up recruiting Rickard. (He eventually was able to save one turn by pulling two units.)

The next question is, "do you want me to count the turns that I take in 6x, or should I get 20 free turns like in a draft?" Either way is fine with me.

After I get some feedback I'll either replay chapter 6 (the second battle save part) with a riskier strategy where someone will probably die over and over again and I'll end up keeping the run with crappy level ups, or I'll post the strategy used.

Chapter 6 11/57 turns

I forged a +5 Might Iron Lance named Lei, and gave it to Lena for the time being. I wanted to show my love to her...rolleyes.gif

There are basically 4 groups of enemies that need to be dealt with. Vyland and Lena are my most fragile units, yet they also deal good damage. Good glass cannons.

The first step was to have Barst counter the Knight so that I could deal some damage to it. This had the added bonus of drawing out the cleric to be killed. Navarre (unarmed cavalier) was placed to block the doorway. This keeps the Steel Lance knight out of range of my troops. I place Darros where Navarre was and have Gordin heal him once he helps out Barst (Gordin gets D staves, so he can now use Mend on Darros if needed). Caeda snipes the Silver Lance cavalier and kills him by chapter's end.

To deal with the knight, archer, and mage group, my positioning needs to be perfect, as no one can survive a hit from all 3, and few can survive a hit from 2. Navarre does help out by avoiding one of the hits against him before he dies. Lena is good against mages, but can't be positioned to be attacked by archers, which makes attacking difficult. Some units can't help, which forces me to use my forges a lot.

After this is dealt with, Rickard loots some bullion and a physic staff. Nothing else can be retrieved from the thieves (Lena can attack the armorslayer thief to wound it, but at the cost of being put in range of an archer. It's too big of a risk.)

While this is happening, I can draw out the archer and knight from the southwest corner. Then we draw out the last archer.

Now Julian has returned, and he can pull a knight and an archer from the final group. He survives, incidentally.

It's pretty simple from here to pull the rest (the mage and archer come even though they can't attack anyone upon drawing the final knight).

Lena ORKO's the mage, while I get some much needed exp into my other units. The mages are looking worn out from frying knights.

But they're not done yet! Vyland and Cord team up over two turns to cast Ahi a total of 4 times to kill Emereus, a big thorn in my side.

I think I'm going to do some new things. I'm going to record who tanked the most hits, who healed the most, and who dealt the most damage.

Best Tank: Darros

Best Damage: Cord

Best Healer: Gordin (though Vulnerary put in a good effort and was a close second)

Marth	4	18	Lord	20	6	0	5	8	9	7	0	Sword D
Caeda	7	31	Archer	19	6	0	7	15	14	9	0	Bow D
Jagen	3	95	Master	22	5	1	17	15	2	7	3	Sword B
Draug	6	38	Fighter	25	6	0	6	12	3	4	0	Axe E
Gordin	7	14	Curate	19	0	1	3	5	6	5	7	Staff D
Wrys	4	15	Archer	17	5	2	7	8	4	6	0	Bow E
Barst	8	25	Merc	22	10	0	13	14	7	8	0	Sword E
Cord	6	75	DM	18	3	3	5	7	6	6	4	Tome D
Darros	6	40	Knight	24	8	0	3	1	4	15	0	Lance D
Lena	6	84	Pegasus	16	5	3	12	13	11	7	5	Lance E
Roshea	4	10	Myrm	21	5	0	12	13	4	4	0	Sword E
Vyland	2	59	Mage	19	0	4	3	3	2	2	4	Tome E

Chapter 6 MVP: Cord

Chapter 6x 15 turns

Cord reached D tomes last chapter, so I said, "Time to head to the WiFi shop!" Then I saw that Thunder was rank E :facepalm:. Oh well. I bought one Blizzard and one Thunder.

I decided to make this chapter's turns not count. My team needs some weapon levels and experience.

I have 13 units for 12 deployment slots, so Jagen gets benched as my most experienced unit.

I took this one pretty easily, emphasizing weapon levels on Draug, Lena, and Darros. I also tried to give as much exp to my weaker party members as possible (remember, I have to field my least experienced units.) Everyone got good level ups, so :)

I really need to unlock Hammers for Draug soon.

Marth	4	71	Lord	20	6	0	5	8	9	7	0	Sword D
Caeda	7	99	Archer	19	6	0	7	15	14	9	0	Bow D
Jagen	3	95	Master	22	5	1	17	15	2	7	3	Sword B
Draug	7	52	Fighter	26	6	0	6	12	3	4	0	Axe E
Gordin	9	51	Curate	20	0	2	5	5	7	5	7	Staff D
Wrys	5	14	Archer	18	5	2	8	8	4	6	0	Bow D
Barst	8	71	Merc	22	10	0	13	14	7	8	0	Sword D
Cord	7	89	DM	18	3	4	5	8	7	6	4	Tome D
Darros	6	86	Knight	24	8	0	3	1	4	15	0	Lance D
Lena	8	1	Pegasus	17	5	3	12	14	13	8	5	Lance D
Roshea	4	97	Myrm	21	5	0	12	13	4	4	0	Sword E
Vyland	4	65	Mage	20	0	5	4	4	2	2	4	Tome D
Rickard	1	0	Thief	Base								
Athena	10	10	Cleric	25	6	1	4	5	6	4	8	Staff E

For those of you paying attention at home, Athena, as a cleric, is tied for 3rd among my entire party for strength.sob.gif

Looking ahead, I am very thankful for access to Javelins and not having to bench anyone, as well as the extra experience I will get from having to recruit Bantu. I am also happy that I have two archers with D bows to deal with Minerva.

Edited by Whitefang

Chapter 7 12/69 turns

Everyone gets to be fielded this chapter, which is nice.

We start of by dividing everyone into two groups. Marth gets a bodyguard and Jagen is selected to attract Minerva. The archers are dealt with on the first turn, and Barst takes the hits from the two mercs. He counters nicely (and doubles them to boot). The Dragoons and Whitewings come in for some play time. Minerva is handled easily by Caeda and Wrys, while Barst gets a heal to take out a Peg Knight (he killed the other one on EP). Rickard drew in a DK, and I healed him and surrounded the DK with characters who could survive (If I remember correctly, Rickard, Draug, Roshea, and Lena). This enabled Marth to recruit Bantu the Nearly Useless.

Now I head toward the imaginary line that triggers the reinforcements and make my last battle save (I want to be able to get the reinforcements right.)

My plan is to have Lena take the right fort, and 2 other characters take the 2 upper left forts. Lena goes in, but can't quite reach, so I have to warp a character to the leftmost fort and I also put Cord on the other upper fort. This allows an iron lance cav to spawn and it attacks Lena (misses). A javelin cav also spawns and attacks Roshea. Lena goes to sit on her fort and targets the cleric with a few javelins. I warp Darros to the final fort which draws a knight. The other knight goes north toward Barst. The mages, Barst, Jagen, and Roshea deal with the knights easily. Marth goes in for what he hopes is an uninterrupted movement.

Unfortunately, I don't crit, so Marth waits around for the mages to take care of Harmein. He goes down in 3 turns: Cord with 3 attacks, Vyland with 2 attacks, and Barst countered on EP. It was not ideal, but I didn't want to use any more of the warp staff to get Vyland in range sooner. Ideally I could have drawn out the Knights sooner, but that would have provoked the reinforcements. Maybe I should have warped Darros to the southern fort first, especially since the western fort spawns cav with riders banes (I think).

I'm a bit worried about my healers. I'll have to bench them if I don't get some levels into other units, so I should try to only use them when necessary.

Marth	4	71	Lord	20	6	0	5	8	9	7	0	Sword D
Caeda	8	81	Archer	19	6	0	8	16	15	9	0	Bow D
Jagen	4	23	Master	23	5	1	18	15	2	7	3	Sword B
Draug	7	65	Fighter	26	6	0	6	12	3	4	0	Axe E
Gordin	11	77	Curate	21	0	2	5	5	8	5	7	Staff C
Wrys	5	91	Archer	18	5	2	8	8	4	6	0	Bow D
Barst	9	81	Merc	23	10	0	14	15	8	8	0	Sword D
Cord	9	0	DM	18	3	4	5	10	8	6	4	Tome D
Darros	7	61	Knight	25	8	0	3	1	4	16	0	Lance D
Lena	8	64	Pegasus	17	5	3	12	14	13	8	5	Lance D
Roshea	5	27	Myrm	22	5	0	13	13	4	4	0	Sword E
Vyland	6	66	Mage	21	0	5	4	6	3	2	5	Tome D
Rickard	1	11	Thief	Base								
Athena	11	45	Cleric	25	6	1	4	5	6	4	9	Staff E

Tankiest Tank: Barst tanked 4 hits (More interesting is the fact that Rickard was second with 3!)

Super Damage Machine: Barst dealt 112 points worth of damage

Most attentive Healer: Gordin healed 107 points of health

Unit	Tanked Hits	Damage Dealt	Health Healed
Marth	0		0		0
Caeda	0		46		0
Jagen	1		50		0
Draug	0		2		0
Gordin	0		0		107
Wrys	0		7		0
Barst	4		112		0
Cord	0		58		0
Darros	1		24		0