Seen any good movies?

Flawed Nobody

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jyosua' post='8024' date='Feb 3 2008, 09:22 PM']I can't even tell what the hell Cloverfield is about.[/quote]
A giant monster attacks Manhattan.

And I just saw Meet the Spartans.

[color="#FF0000"]The best films I've seen so far are Hot Fuzz, Transformers [2007] (the old cartoon film's good as well, though) and Man on Fire. All are great.[/color]

I got bored and put Howl's Moving Castle in my DVD player last night. That is always good fun.

Cloverfield was horrible, and this is coming from a fan of Giant Monster movies.

[quote name='Hanz' post='8681' date='Feb 10 2008, 07:44 AM']I got bored and put Howl's Moving Castle in my DVD player last night. That is always good fun.

Cloverfield was horrible, and this is coming from a fan of Giant Monster movies.[/quote]
Cloverfield wasn't horrible. It wasn't amazing, but it wasn't bad.

[quote name='Redfoxoffire' post='8733' date='Feb 10 2008, 10:45 PM']Cloverfield wasn't horrible. It wasn't amazing, but it wasn't bad.[/quote]

so basically it wasnt a lot of things

and i saw strange wilderness. funny stuff

Hmm, I've seen a few movies recently. Beowulf was one. It was a lot better than I expected it to be, I've been kind of wary of movies based on books since I saw Eragon. *Shudders.*

We Own the Night, and American Gangster were both pretty good, if you're into mob movies and stuff like that.

Ah, good ol' Studio Ghibli... Princess Mononoke, Totoro, Nausicaa, Lupin III, Howl's Moving Castle... I really need to rewatch some of those.

[quote name='coolguyvaters' post='9555' date='Feb 18 2008, 09:36 PM']Recently watched Knocked Up and Superbad. Two of the greatest movies of all time[/quote]

Knocked Up was really funny, but Superbad. Meh, WAY too many sex jokes for my liking.

In other news, I saw Mr. Woodcock. Very funny, anyone who hasn't watched it yet really should.

• 3 weeks later...
I just saw I Am Legend... Despite the fact that the plot is a huge cliche, it was rather good. It certainly captured a creepy atmosphere, with the theme of darkness and such. Definitely worth seeing, or at the very least, renting.

just saw 10,000 B.C. Dont listen to the critics, they suck. it was a good movie

[quote name='Zephrion' post='11814' date='Mar 22 2008, 05:43 PM']Saw 'Horton Hears a Who.'

Despite the fact that it's a kids movie, it was actually very funny. I recommend it to all ages.[/quote]

Well duh it's funny. It has like... Johnny Depp in it... I think. I don't know, but I know it has a really funny guy in it and he wouldn't do it if it wasn't funny.

[quote name='Dragonblader1' post='11817' date='Mar 22 2008, 11:27 PM']Well duh it's funny. It has like... Johnny Depp in it... I think. I don't know, but I know it has a really funny guy in it and he wouldn't do it if it wasn't funny.[/quote]

jim carrey and steve carell

and it doesnt look too bad actually. i might see it

[quote name='coolguyvaters' post='11819' date='Mar 22 2008, 03:33 PM']jim carrey and steve carell

and it doesnt look too bad actually. i might see it[/quote]
Jim Carrey + Steve Carrell = :lol:

I also saw a trailer for Speed Racer. When I first heard they were making this movie, my first thoughts were "Bleh." After seeing that however, I may actually go see it.

Iron Man FTW
Incredible Hulk FTL

Archived