Requesting help on Chapter 7

30425.com

I've been doing a first attempt playthrough of FE6, and I've been having trouble with either keeping all of my units or Zealot's group alive. The enemy comes in a large group storming mainly with Javelin's, and soon one of the 2 Wyvern Riders come down to also attack the group, and my party mainly consists of Lance, Allen, Rutger, Wolt, Lugh, and Ellen and Saul as the healers. Should I retry the game from the beginning and focus on leveling up other units, or is there a possibly better way to ensure that Zealot's group doesn't kill themselves?

There's a guaranteed method to recruit Zealot and Treck on turn 2, immediately after they appear.

Have Marcus start in a top right deployment slot and equip him with either the Hammer or Armorslayer. Move him next to the armor (preferred position is below the armor) on the right hand side and ORKO the armor using the effective weapon.

Have Lance and Allen start in the right deployment slots. They will have to rescue and drop Roy on turn 1. Drop Roy in the tile next to Marcus (preferably below Marcus). That should let him recruit Zealot on turn 2 (you might need to KO an enemy or 2 in the way). Zealot will be able to both trade weapons from Roy and recruit Treck at the same time, then move out of the way. Treck will be able to rescue Roy to safety.

Edited by dondon151