what program do i use to open nightmare with?

HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

Nightmare is its own program, you don't open it with anything.

If it's Nightmare 1, then it's painfully obvious, but with Nightmare 2, it's a .jar file in the dist folder. Just double-click it to launch.

Edited by Venusaur

No-one really uses Nightmare 2 in any meaningful way, NM1 can be used the exact same way 99% times. NM2 isn't really worth the longer opening time and random GUI crashes (both are Java's problems, not NM2's, but they affect the usage).

ok the main issue i'm having is that http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26737 none of those are "working" in the sence of i had to "find an program" to open them, and me being herpa derp from my mugen days, chose notepad...which now everything has gone to shit... that and the nightmare files i'm dowloading are RAR files...is that right?

You extract them with winrar ^^' and then you open modules from the extracted folder with Nightmare.

I hope that helped ^^',

; you'll need to download Winrar if you don't have it.

i got winrar already cause of my mugen years required winrar for any kind of downloading stages/charactors.

my issue is that it doesn't give me the choice to extract...i'll try to ask around other places to see whats the cause...maybe i downloaded an outdated nightmare...