Krom For Super Smas Bros. 4?

H-Bastaki

maybe he's got a chance to be in Super Smash Bros. cuz he's the newest Fire Emblem Lord?

though i think Sakurai won't remove Marth "first lord" or Ike "first lord not noble nor prince..these kinda stuff"

Edited by H-Bastaki

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll probably always be Marth + most recent Fire Emblem game protagonist. That's how it was for Melee and Brawl.

hmm yes... but i think he should put at least three fire emblem chars.

.....like star fox...which i dont see why ;p

oh well

I don't want any clone characters. Ganondorf should be a slow-sword character. Ike should be a medium-fast sword character, and Marth should be the quick sword character. Based on Krom's personality and abilities, he'll be put in accordingly. I just don't want anyone have the same moves as another. The Fox trio is useless.

I don't want any clone characters. Ganondorf should be a slow-sword character. Ike should be a medium-fast sword character, and Marth should be the quick sword character. Based on Krom's personality and abilities, he'll be put in accordingly. I just don't want anyone have the same moves as another. The Fox trio is useless.

Really? Falco is pretty high up on tier lists

Really? Falco is pretty high up on tier lists

I don't mean they aren't good, what I am trying to say is it is useless to have three characters that are basically the same with subtle differences between each other. Wolf is my personal favorite, but they're all too similar to each other.

I don't mind having Fox, Falco, and Wolf all in the same game, but I want them to have different moves haha. Some things can be similar, like Ike and Marth's smash-right/left, but at least Ike and Marth have enough differences for people to say they aren't clones. Same with Luigi and Mario, for the most part.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

I don't mean they aren't good, what I am trying to say is it is useless to have three characters that are basically the same with subtle differences between each other. Wolf is my personal favorite, but they're all too similar to each other.

I don't mind having Fox, Falco, and Wolf all in the same game, but I want them to have different moves haha. Some things can be similar, like Ike and Marth's smash-right/left, but at least Ike and Marth have enough differences for people to say they aren't clones. Same with Luigi and Mario, for the most part.

QFT, there does need to be some variety in the the Mario/Link/Fox/CF semi-clones. Hopefully this is addressed.

I don't know if 3 FE's will make the cut, tbh. It would be nice to have both Ike and Marth back as well as the new main character(I'm not familiar with this new FE protagonist at all, apologies). Touching on that post about Ike being medium speed, that sounds awesome. Considering all the ass he kicks in his own games.

One thing that is a serious gripe with me is aside from Meta-Knight, no swordsman in Brawl has a good recovery. I'd really like to see Ike's Aether be a little more useful, same for Marth. And I know it's off topic(as is most of this post) but Link should totally summon his bird from Skyward Sword to help him recover. :p

Fox/Falco were very different in brawl, Toon Link/Link had a good number of differences in Brawl (Fsmash had different mechanics, USmash was 1 slash vs 3, no kick moves in Toon Link... they did well despite the little they had to work with), Ganondorf/Captain Falcon were too similar and I agree on that... Mario and Luigi are way different.

That's why I said 'semi' :p

There are differences between them but I feel like some progress is yet to be made. I'm no game developer but I do know the work that goes into programming. Still, I suppose my expectations are sort of high lol

While we're at it, let's add Micaiah too. The Fire Emblem series is totally as popular as the Mario/Pokemon/Zelda series to warrant 3, 4 or even 5 characters!

Realistically, they won't add more than 2 FE characters. Don't get your hopes up. If Krom is getting in, say good-bye to either Ike or Marth.

Edited by Knitty

Krom would make a nice addition to SSB, but he would likely replace Ike. I personally doubt that they will both appear, just as I doubt Roy's return (since he doesn't even have an English game).

Then again, they would likely be able to pull off Krom/Marth/Ike, assuming that Krom has fighting style unique to that of Marth and Ike.

Ganondorf really should have fought with the sword. Maybe not all the time, but at least a few moves with it, like Link.

But really, we need some lance/axe/magic users from Fire Emblem to join the party. I honestly would rather see Krom and an antagonist with a weapon other than a sword, than Ike.

While we're at it' date=' let's add Micaiah too. The Fire Emblem series is totally as popular as the Mario/Pokemon/Zelda series to warrant 3, 4 or even 5 characters!

Realistically, they won't add more than 2 FE characters. Don't get your hopes up. If Krom is getting in, say good-bye to either Ike or Marth.[/quote']

I know a ton of more FE fans than I do Star Fox fans, and they get three characters. And the RPG fan base in general is pretty huge... If three fire emblem characters can't make it, then I'd like to see Matthew from Golden Sun, or one of the main characters from FF, Tales, etc.

But I do agree with you Waha Kitty, Master Chief and Professor Layton are more likely to get into SSB4 than Ike, Marth and Krom together. :awesome:

I would totally play as Micaiah, no joke.

Edited by 55caasi

Krom would make a nice addition to SSB, but he would likely replace Ike. I personally doubt that they will both appear, just as I doubt Roy's return (since he doesn't even have an English game).

Then again, they would likely be able to pull off Krom/Marth/Ike, assuming that Krom has fighting style unique to that of Marth and Ike.

Ganondorf really should have fought with the sword. Maybe not all the time, but at least a few moves with it, like Link.

But really, we need some lance/axe/magic users from Fire Emblem to join the party. I honestly would rather see Krom and an antagonist with a weapon other than a sword, than Ike.

I know a ton of more FE fans than I do Star Fox fans, and they get three characters. And the RPG fan base in general is pretty huge... If three fire emblem characters can't make it, then I'd like to see Matthew from Golden Sun, or one of the main characters from FF, Tales, etc.

But I do agree with you Waha Kitty, Master Chief and Professor Layton are more likely to get into SSB4 than Ike, Marth and Krom together. :awesome:

I would totally play as Micaiah, no joke.

Well duh, which site do you think you're on? Fire Emblem as a whole is not a very popular series. Maybe more popular than Star Fox (they should stop with all these remakes and come out with a new one), but not even close to Mario/Zelda/Pokemon. Those who do love it are Waha Obsessed with it though.

Well, if they added the Nintendo console Tales main characters (unless it's Sophie) + the FE chars + Matthew + Links + Metaknight then we'd get a shit ton of sword users.

Krom's fighting style (from the gameplay videos) resembles Ike's a lot... And they're all "blue haired sword wielding lords". I'm not sure how they'd get Krom to be very distinctive from Ike. Although if Marth is included in SSB4, I'd like it if he looked like his FE12 version so people don't peg him as "dat girly gay sword dude from FE".

i couldnt figure out krom's personality yet ;p

which personality is he more like?

i couldnt figure out krom's personality yet ;p

which personality is he more like?

I don't know either. :P I'm saying based on whatever personality he has, he'll either be put in or kept out while Ike stays. However, I think Krom is going to be put in, and Ike is going to be taken out.

I think that most likely Krom would be put in because it would boost sales for his game. Or if Liz turns out to be more plot important, then I'd rather have her. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

If Krom plays alot like Ike than he would resemble a Lord version of a Hero class and in this case Heroes get to have Aether as a Mastery Skill......

Somehow I don't see that making enough of a sway. Though, really, I think three characters isn't too much. It's certainly popular enough, and most people seem to like the characters FE gets, even if they haven't played the series yet.