NCAA Football 2011-2012

I.M. Gei

Andrew Luck is overrated.

There may be an unearthly amount of hype around the guy, but he deserves it IMO. A&M really fucked up against OSU =[

I think Florida is gonna take Alabama for Muschamp's signature win, the Tide ends up beating LSU in Tuscaloosa, and it's complete chaos for who gets in the title game. What's new?

That Pitt game was hilarious. Pitt vs South Florida. My dad was pissed because he didn't get the overline and Pitt decided to go for it on 4th down when 2 minutes ago, they kicked a pointless field goal.

ESPN news to discuss...

• Ouch. Poor Northwestern, blowing in in 4th quarter like that. 35-38 to Illinois...
  • Texas A&M loses again, now to Arkansas 38-42.

Hawaii vs. LA Tech would've been better if the officials were paying attention. Twenty minutes to see which team gets penalized for something that wasn't either team's fault. . .

LSU or Alabama? Any thoughts on Jordan Jefferson?

ESPN news to discuss...

• Ouch. Poor Northwestern, blowing in in 4th quarter like that. 35-38 to Illinois...
  • Texas A&M loses again, now to Arkansas 38-42.

The Aggies are going to get hammered in the SEC west...

Michigan Go Blue, But seriously this could be the year they finally beat Ohio State.

I hope they do, I love watching Denard.

Amazing, Cal... This is the second time in a row you've completely blown it in the halftime. 15-14 lead over Oregon to get your fans' hopes up, and then you get outscored 29-0 in the second half.

• 1 month later...

OK state... wtf?

Darron Thomas was brilliant for Oregon tonight. I see great things happening in that young man's future.

Maybe he would be decent with any traits a normal QB posses, till then, not beating SEC.

Any thoughts on Penn State, anyone?

pretty fucked up.

I hate USC, but they should definitely be 11-0 right now. Stanford's my team, but they disappointed me with their crappy game against the Ducks. Stanford got a little lucky, in my opinion, in the USC game. Eh, a good win nonetheless.

I wanted Oregon to beat USC...

I'm not a fan of oregon, people act like they're some revolutionary team that does a new tactic running the ball. They just look like a team with extremely fast good athletes and a shitty QB.

That Baylor game was great, I hate OU. RG3 should get Heisman.

They just look like a team with extremely fast good athletes and a shitty QB.

Once again, I call bullshit. I've been watching football for 20 years and I know shitty QBs when I see them. Sure, the kid doesn't have the greatest arm in the world and can't throw 50 yards on a whim. But his accuracy is about as good as Luck's (decent enough) and as a junior, he reads the field very well.

Once again, I call bullshit. I've been watching football for 20 years and I know shitty QBs when I see them. Sure, the kid doesn't have the greatest arm in the world and can't throw 50 yards on a whim. But his accuracy is about as good as Luck's (decent enough) and as a junior, he reads the field very well.

This is a week late, but... There's no comparison between Thomas and Luck's(And i even would agree that luck is overrated/overhyped) accuracy. He manages the game well, and does what he is asked, but Oregon is either going to win because they are more athletic or lose because they are less athletic.(See games vs LSU/Auburn) I would love a rose bowl between them and Wisconsin, complete opposites.

This is a week late, but... There's no comparison between Thomas and Luck's(And i even would agree that luck is overrated/overhyped) accuracy. He manages the game well, and does what he is asked, but Oregon is either going to win because they are more athletic or lose because they are less athletic.(See games vs LSU/Auburn) I would love a rose bowl between them and Wisconsin, complete opposites.

It's OK to not have a comparison because Luck's accuracy is sub-par. If he's on the run, he can't complete passes as well compared to a three step drop and a bit of time. Thomas is slightly the opposite. Besides, Thomas is only a junior and still has a year to go in order to develop.

It's OK to not have a comparison because Luck's accuracy is sub-par. If he's on the run, he can't complete passes as well compared to a three step drop and a bit of time. Thomas is slightly the opposite. Besides, Thomas is only a junior and still has a year to go in order to develop.

Luck's accuracy is one of his greatest assets, I'm pretty sure that's why he's so hyped up. Luck is also a junior, he is just way more polished than Thomas. (And it must show since I think you mistook him for a senior. I could be wrong, not getting what you had implied.)

Am i the only one who doesn't want to see alabama vs LSU? that sounds horrible to me, bama already had their shot, AT HOME ffs.

Luck's accuracy is one of his greatest assets, I'm pretty sure that's why he's so hyped up. Luck is also a junior, he is just way more polished than Thomas. (And it must show since I think you mistook him for a senior. I could be wrong, not getting what you had implied.)

I'm implying that I know more about football than you. Suck for Luck wouldn't exist if Luck was a Junior.

Luck's accuracy is no big thing. His big thing is his brilliant ability to read defenses even at the line of scrimmage, something that many college QBs fail to do. I should know, my buddy's something like the fourth string at Michigan (he's a freshman though it somehow says SR since I know that he took a year off of school - Alex Swieca). If he was praised for his accuracy, he'd be considered the same as Jamarcus Russell (Russell had distance, Luck has "accuracy").

However, Luck is only DECENT when under heavy pressure. Not pressure to win the game but when the defense gets penetration. The second that Luck has to start scrambling, his accuracy becomes something akin to "shit". He needs to work on his rollouts a lot before I can get behind the Luck hype.

Edited by Bblader

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/1631912/andrew-luck

this says he's a junior. I think he is a redshirt junior iirc, meaning he is a senior but has another year of eligibility.

I'm implying that I know more about football than you. Suck for Luck wouldn't exist if Luck was a Junior.

you don't

Luck's accuracy is no big thing. His big thing is his brilliant ability to read defenses even at the line of scrimmage, something that many college QBs fail to do. I should know, my buddy's something like the fourth string at Michigan (he's a freshman though it somehow says SR since I know that he took a year off of school - Alex Swieca). If he was praised for his accuracy, he'd be considered the same as Jamarcus Russell (Russell had distance, Luck has "accuracy").

"I should know, my buddy is a walk on QB who won't ever get playingtime"

Nah, he needs a couple hundred more pounds for a Russell comparison.

However, Luck is only DECENT when under heavy pressure. Not pressure to win the game but when the defense gets penetration. The second that Luck has to start scrambling, his accuracy becomes something akin to "shit". He needs to work on his rollouts a lot before I can get behind the Luck hype.

How many college QBs are great under pressure? & most NFL offenses do not feature a ton of rollouts, I've seen alot of Peyton Manning(who is the guy Luck gets compared to) and he never has a situation he can't overcome due to his lack of movement.