AFDWTGS! ZELDA 4 SWORDS IS SO FRIGGIN HARD

Bunch of babies with soiled diapers, i swear....

Yeah go play the first three games in the series.

Eh. LttP is not that hard IMO if you figure out the big bomb fairy fountain, or harvest rubies and get some healing potions for Ganon. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that I find OoT and Majora's Mask harder due to the clunky N64 controller.

Yeah go play the first three games in the series.

I did play ALttP. It's not hard. More challenging than the later games, definitely, but hard? No, not really. The fact that your enemies actually deal damage if they hit you does not mean a game is hard.

Eh. LttP is not that hard IMO if you figure out the big bomb fairy fountain, or harvest rubies and get some healing potions for Ganon.

You can't actually beat the game if you don't figure out the big bomb fairy fountain. You need the silver arrows to damage Ganon in his second phase.

Eh. LttP is not that hard IMO if you figure out the big bomb fairy fountain, or harvest rubies and get some healing potions for Ganon. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that I find OoT and Majora's Mask harder due to the clunky N64 controller.

Lol. Ocarina of time was easy and a gamepad has nothing to do with a game's difficulty especially due to having the option to use other ones (especially if the game was played on Virtual Console or emulator).

As far as the topic goes, if you guys want a hard Zelda game, you should play a ROM hack of ALttP called Parallel Worlds.

You can't actually beat the game if you don't figure out the big bomb fairy fountain. You need the silver arrows to damage Ganon in his second phase.

I'm pretty sure you can just keep slashing him till he dies in that one? I never tried it myself but I heard it word of mouth...guess not.

Lol. Ocarina of time was easy and a gamepad has nothing to do with a game's difficulty especially due to having the option to use other ones (especially if the game was played on Virtual Console or emulator).

As far as the topic goes, if you guys want a hard Zelda game, you should play a ROM hack of ALttP called Parallel Worlds.

Yeah I played it. It crashed.

I'm pretty sure you can just keep slashing him till he dies in that one? I never tried it myself but I heard it word of mouth...guess not.

As far as I'm aware, that doesn't work. In the second phase the sword will only stun him.

Besides, it's less of a matter of "figuring out" how to access the fairy fountain in the pyramid than it's a matter of reading the various hints the game gives regarding its existance. At one point it's even outright stated that you need the silver arrows to actually defeat Ganon.

Parallel Worlds? More like stupid unavoidable damage that requires precise placement the game. Or something.

I did play ALttP. It's not hard. More challenging than the later games, definitely, but hard? No, not really. The fact that your enemies actually deal damage if they hit you does not mean a game is hard.

Yeah but...can you beat the game with no deaths? ;) (and i mean back in the day, the SNES game actually did count fairy revival as a death. ;))

Yeah OoT is easy. Theres some challenging parts but nothing too hard. Everyone goes "WATER TEMPLE" and that level isnt hard at all. Just tedious. Plus the N64 controller makes ocarina songs so easy to do.

Oh god PW...OH GOD! Fuuuuuuuuuu!

Yeah but...can you beat the game with no deaths? ;) (and i mean back in the day, the SNES game actually did count fairy revival as a death. ;))

Fairy revival is no big deal, just release the fairy beforehand and let it heal you and you should be fine.

No problem. Claiming that I never take damage would be a lie, but beating the game without dying is not a problem at all. You probably wouldn't ever see me using any potions other than green ones, let alone go below half health.

Granted, it's one of my most-played games, so I have the advantage of knowing in advance what I'm gonna have to deal with next. :newyears:

Yeah OoT is easy. Theres some challenging parts but nothing too hard. Everyone goes "WATER TEMPLE" and that level isnt hard at all. Just tedious. Plus the N64 controller makes ocarina songs so easy to do.

Yeah, the Water Temple is just that: annoying. I generally hate water-themed levels though.

Combat in the 3D Zeldas generally is extremely easy. You mostly don't even need any of the subweapons - you can dance around most enemies like an idiot and they'll be completely incapable of hitting you. You can additionally block their attacks with your shield. And most enemies die pretty quickly anyway.

And if you wanna be really lame and make use of your subweapons to make fights even easier - even when it isn't required - the bow and the deku nuts are among the most broken weapons to ever exist. Especially the deku nuts in OoT and the light arrows in Wind Waker.

Yeah, the Water Temple is just that: annoying. I generally hate water-themed levels though.

Combat in the 3D Zeldas generally is extremely easy. You mostly don't even need any of the subweapons - you can dance around most enemies like an idiot and they'll be completely incapable of hitting you. You can additionally block their attacks with your shield. And most enemies die pretty quickly anyway.

And if you wanna be really lame and make use of your subweapons to make fights even easier - even when it isn't required - the bow and the deku nuts are among the most broken weapons to ever exist. Especially the deku nuts in OoT and the light arrows in Wind Waker.

I agree that OoT enemies are not hard, but I thought some of the bosses (bongo bongo, twinrova) were semi-difficult due to them doing a fair amount of damage to you.

I agree that OoT enemies are not hard, but I thought some of the bosses (bongo bongo, twinrova) were semi-difficult due to them doing a fair amount of damage to you.

As I said before, just because enemies actually deal respectable amounts of damage to you when they land a hit doesn't mean that it's more difficult to just dodge their attacks altogether. Sure, Bongo Bongo may deal 3 hearts of damage... or 4, even? There, it's been so long since I last took a hit from him, I can't even remember!

Bosses in OoT almost all share one glaring weakness: once you hit their weak point to make them vulnerable, they stop attacking you. Aside from some outliers like Phantom Ganon or Twinrova, there's nothing stopping you from just hitting their weak point before they ever get to attack you. And even if they do get to attack you beforehand, their attacks are usually pretty easy to dodge, especially if you've seen them before.

No problem. Claiming that I never take damage would be a lie, but beating the game without dying is not a problem at all. You probably wouldn't ever see me using any potions other than green ones, let alone go below half health.

Granted, it's one of my most-played games, so I have the advantage of knowing in advance what I'm gonna have to deal with next. :newyears:

Yeah i hear ya. Im the same way most of the time with ALttP. I do know that game so well, 0 deaths is no big deal to me. But it is a challenge for some. ;) Especially those who started with the 3D games. The only time i come close to getting killed or fairy revived is when i fight that boss in the first dungeon in the Dark World. Do you sequence break and do like, the 4th DW dungeon after the first to get the Titan's Mitts earlier?

I think Twilight Princess was the most broken with its combat. It was so easy especially with all those moves you learn. Mortal Draw is like wut! Plus bomb arrows. Shield Bash made shit so easy too.

Bongo Bongo isnt hard, hes just annoying because of the drum you fight on. In the original version of OoT, i didnt even have to go to the edges of the drum to hit him. The 3DS version seems to have made it slightly harder to stay in one spot when the drum is pounded though. Still not a hard fight.

The only time i come close to getting killed or fairy revived is when i fight that boss in the first dungeon in the Dark World.

Oh yeah, that masked guy. True, that's one of the harder bosses. It's pretty resilient, you have to pay close attention to the tail to know when it's going to strike, and taking a hit is pretty damaging at this point in the game.

However, the damage thing is probably less the fault of the boss and more the fault of the fact that the enemies in the dark world deal roughly three times the damage of their light world versions with absolutely no progression. Getting hit for either 2 or 3 hearts of damage from any enemy when you only have around 10 obviously hurts.

Do you sequence break and do like, the 4th DW dungeon after the first to get the Titan's Mitts earlier?

No, though I've been known to do the 6th and sometimes even the 7th dungeon before the 5th one just to challenge myself more.

I have to admit, when enemies start dealing 4 damage per hit, things can get a little rough.

I think Twilight Princess was the most broken with its combat. It was so easy especially with all those moves you learn. Mortal Draw is like wut! Plus bomb arrows. Shield Bash made shit so easy too.

Oh yeah. Twilight Princess. Don't even get me started. Pretty much everything you do instakills an absurdly large portion of all enemies, while your enemies are incapable of dealing any significant damage to you in the game, like, ever. Considering even some bosses (*points at Zant*) only deal a quarter heart of damage and the final boss only takes off half a heart, I wish the game had an optional hard mode that, like, makes everything actually have health, deal actual damage and have an AI that is not exploitable to the point of ridiculousness.

I'm aware that damage taken is doubled while in wolf form, but the wolf form is mostly useless after its forced usage periods anyway. And even then half a heart of damage per hit is not exactly threatening. At all.

Do you sequence break and do like, the 4th DW dungeon after the first to get the Titan's Mitts earlier?

I dunno if I would call it sequence breaking in zelda LTTP...more like sequence altering, because you're not taking advantage of any glitches or getting any sort of messed up plot progression. Whatever, finagling over minor word stuff.

Oh yeah. Twilight Princess. Don't even get me started. Pretty much everything you do instakills an absurdly large portion of all enemies, while your enemies are incapable of dealing any significant damage to you in the game, like, ever. Considering even some bosses (*points at Zant*) only deal a quarter heart of damage and the final boss only takes off half a heart, I wish the game had an optional hard mode that, like, makes everything actually have health, deal actual damage and have an AI that is not exploitable to the point of ridiculousness.

I'm aware that damage taken is doubled while in wolf form, but the wolf form is mostly useless after its forced usage periods anyway. And even then half a heart of damage per hit is not exactly threatening. At all.

Just don't take the heart containers from dungeons and you'll probably have a tougher time. Kind of. I'm pretty sure I can kill even Ganon without getting hit actually, so I'm not sure the game would be difficult. The fairy fountain or whatever it is called in the desert would be pretty much impossible without the magic armor though.

Edited by Blue Mars

No, though I've been known to do the 6th and sometimes even the 7th dungeon before the 5th one just to challenge myself more.

I have to admit, when enemies start dealing 4 damage per hit, things can get a little rough.

Oh what i, like, always do is go to the 4th dungeon after the first. Beat it and get the Mitts then get my sword tempered. Then i go to the 2nd dungeon and then the third. Then i go to the 6th and then the 5th then the 7th. I never tried doing Turtle Rock before any of the others.

The fairy fountain or whatever it is called in the desert would be pretty much impossible without the magic armor though.

You mean the Cave Of Ordeals? Not really. I only used the Magic Armor maybe once or twice (in one room) in that area before. All you really need is some Gold Chu stuff (you know that uber stuff you get from killing those blob monsters?) and some fairies. Even then it isnt impossible. I usually NEVER use that elixir stuff that Jovani gives you after killing like 20 or so poes so its in my inventory as well by the time i do Cave Of Ordeals. (thats the only time i may end up using it!)

Another TP "challenge" is wearing the Zora Armor like, during the whole game. You take twice as much damage from fire and ice attacks i believe. Snowpeak dungeon was pretty cool in the respect that hearts were kinda rare. (but you could always go get more soup from the Yeti dude)

Edited by Florina

Just don't take the heart containers from dungeons and you'll probably have a tougher time. Kind of. I'm pretty sure I can kill even Ganon without getting hit actually, so I'm not sure the game would be difficult. The fairy fountain or whatever it is called in the desert would be pretty much impossible without the magic armor though.

That'd require me to actually have had three or more hearts of damage at any point in the game before to increase the challenge.

I can't recall ever having had more than one heart of damage at any time in my second playthrough. That's how ridiculously easy it is.

The cave of ordeals is an exception, due to the fact that hearts don't drop there and the damage from silly mistakes actually starts to add up... But not even that one gets me to the point where I'd consider using an elixir. IIRC, last time I did the cave, I reached the bottom with 14 hearts left.

Another TP "challenge" is wearing the Zora Armor like, during the whole game. You take twice as much damage from fire and ice attacks i believe.

Ah, yes. Kinda pointless, though, as fire/ice attacks are pretty uncommon last I checked.

I think I read somewhere that falling in lava with the Zora Armor equipped kills you instantly no matter what, though I wouldn't know.

Snowpeak dungeon was pretty cool in the respect that hearts were kinda rare. (but you could always go get more soup from the Yeti dude)

That was literally the only place in the game aside from the obligatory cave of ordeals where hearts were rare... ...and they just had to go ahead and give you a different source of infinite hearts that even gives you the equivalent of red elixirs for free.

Honestly, it's as if they wanted to make it impossible to die in this game.

Taking on 3 dark nuts at the same time in close quarters was a sonuvabitch in TP. especially when you lost all your health and potions on the floors needed to reach the bottom.

Edited by Jack - Keeper of YOUR SOUL

Taking on 3 dark nuts at the same time in close quarters was a sonuvabitch in TP. especially when you lost all your health and potions on the floors needed to reach the bottom.

Taking on 4 darknuts on the next run-through of the cave was even better. The whole fight was broken by the fact that you could blow their armor off with bombs, though. Then all you had to do was waggle for like five minutes and the fight was done.

Taking on 4 darknuts on the next run-through of the cave was even better. The whole fight was broken by the fact that you could blow their armor off with bombs, though. Then all you had to do was waggle for like five minutes and the fight was done.

Thas what I did.