Burning Forest 1

Kaoz

9 members have voted

1. 1. What is your prefered Tournament System?

• Single Elimination
    • Double Elimination
    • Round Robin
  2. 2. What number of stocks per game do you like best?

• 1 Stock
    • 2 Stocks
    • 3 Stocks
    • More than 3 Stocks.
    • No Stocks, only a timer.
  3. 3. How did you like the stage picking process?

• Well suited for online play.
    • I would have prefered Stage Striking.
    • Other (please specify in the thread)
  4. 4. What do you think about Items?

• I like having all items on.
    • I don't mind them, as long as only the less extreme ones are used.
    • Hate them, good thing they were turned off.

^Hahahaha, too bad MK's not banned. But whatever, games weren't meant to be "fair". Or if they were, games never fulfilled their meaning.

And I disagree, I think it's very time-consuming to do hax. Aside from the very long/tedious initial setup of the Homebrew channel and whatnot, there's everything else. Searching, downloading, transferring, applying, testing, and figuring out how to do all of that for various things. And if you don't like something, you have to go back and redo everything else. I'm lazy too though so that's probably part of it...

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I beat you in the friendlies with Toon Link - 100% win rate with him :awesome: but I think I should've used Marth in stead of MK, definitely. My MK sucks. And I thought it would be a cool pick from the pocket, maybe you'd get gay'd and lose or something. But you're cooler than my MK lol.

Are there any videos of you playing offline?

Yep, there are vids of me offline. Also, trust me when I say I would beat ur TL pretty badly offline xD. I know the character inside out. :p And about metaknight...well, Im used to battling an mk every tourney >.>.

^ I know, I play against top players of Finland every now and then and get 3-stocked with more or less ease. I'm sure you can pull it off too, lol.

Yeah, MK sucks in the way that it's an easy character to bring out from the pocket. It destroys the last bits of balance the game has and was quite overcentralizing in the US - and is still everywhere else since even if you don't have to counter him straight, you always have to watch out for a pocket MK and some counterpick which is good for him. I don't know your rule set though lol.

I'm quite used to play online, but I guess it just wasn't enough even though I got a sweet sweet Olimar win.

...And that's partly why I want to see some videos of you play against other good players offline. What can I search to find them on youtube?

I have a loooooooooot of vids up. Most recent ones are from like a month ago though. If you wait til after this saturday, Ill get more recent ones cuz i got a tourney this saturday :p.

Warning: Be prepared to witness extreme camping from my side xD. :newyears:

another one. I dislike battling snake on battlefield as u can see...I still win the set though. :newyears: Edited by PegKnightLover

Is THAT extremely campy? Lol. I mean, my matches vs Dyna are ridiculous - Falco-TL on Japes. I got the first stock off of him on the seventh minute I think. It turned out to be my win by 1% lead on second stock, low percentages, and 49 ledgegrabs (50 LGL), LOL. And that's just the one match - it happens very frequently that we time-out and have an EXTREMELY intensive last minute where lead goes back and forth, lol.

Edited by mmKALLL

There is nothing wrong with camping. Its just being safe. Rushing in blindly is usually not a good idea. And besides, most players that lose to "campers" also lose to them if they use another character or dont camp. :newyears: For example, me. I camp to win often because thats how Toon Link is supposed to play. But I can beat people pretty damn well without camping when I use Marth or an aggro TL.

Kaoz Marth/Meta Knight vs mmKALLL Marth/Toon Link 3-2

Grand Finals

PegKnightLover vs Kaoz

EDIT: Updated Bracket image can be found in the OP.

Also 3-13 Archer, you voted for "Other" in the question about stage striking, could you please clarify what method you'd prefer?

Edited by Kaoz

"I hate campers, people should fight like men"

"Playing in a manly fashion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> playing to win"

Scrub <<<<< Beginner <<<<< Salt <<<<<< Winner

Pretty sure video games were made to be fun :/

But then again I've been wrong before.

Everyone likes playing, most people like winning, most people don't find improvement with the game and eventually winning not fun, and many video games aren't made to be fun - they're made for profit. MMORPGs are the worst - they're made to addict. Hard.

Yep, people enjoy winning. In Brawl, a lot of moves are unsafe when they hit a shield, airdodging has less lag, spotdodges are really good and some rolls (like mk''s forward roll and lucarios rolls) are ridiculous. Which leads to a more defensive game. In Brawl, to make a "combo" or a series of attacks strings, you need to read your opponent, its not like other fighters in which combos are guaranteed. When you hit your opponent in brawl, one of these will happen:

1. Your opponent will airdodge.

2. Your opponent will attack back with an aerial or something due to how low the hitstun is.

3. Or your opponent will jump or do another action specific to his character.

A lot of things in brawl are like rock paper scissors. Generally, its safer to just camp since the game kinda forces you to at times. Some characters are also innately better at camping (like falco, toon link and olimar). If my character is better at camping, why would I restrict myself and lower my chances of winning when I can be playing the most effective way (increasing my chances of winning)?

But both people playing defensively kinda ruins the fun... But that's just my view on the matter.

And yeah I agree alot of people view Winning>Fun

But I always take Fun>Winning.

*shrugs* It's all opinions however, I'll keep being Leeroy Jenkins with Wolf or Pit and enjoying myself.