Gender-split Emblem, your thoughts!

CrashGordon94

62 members have voted

1. 1. If the next FE was split by the gender of the characters, which version would you buy?

2. 2. If you had to pick just one, which would it be?

1: Take your FE ROM

2: Hack it so that you will have a gender split in the game

3: Test it

4: ????

5: Profit!

In all of seriousness, I prefer no gender split despite my preferences.

Edited by Black Veteran Soldier

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see there being different routes with male and female Lords (this has been done in several FE games already obviously, most notably FE2), but I don't see why the female Lord would have an all-female army while the male Lord has an all-male army. That just seems forced and unnecessary.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Honestly, a gender-split FE game would be a stupid idea. You'd have to make two sets of sprites for each game, for one, and that's tedious as all hell considering that's double the work for IS's spriters. Also, making dual versions of the same game in general is a good idea for something like Pokemon, but is a poor choice for something like FE.

I could see there being different routes with male and female Lords (this has been done in several FE games already obviously, most notably FE2), but I don't see why the female Lord would have an all-female army while the male Lord has an all-male army. That just seems forced and unnecessary.

Clearly Male lord has all-female army, and Female lord has all-male army. Because more harems is always a great idea.

Edit: On an off-topic but slightly related note, it's been noted that an all female unit in the tactical strategy RPG Ogre Battle performs better, but their performance is reduced per male included in the unit (comprised of 4-5 soldiers).

It's a debunked myth; Amazons have no performance decrease with male characters. It's actually better to pair them with male characters, to counteract Amazons' Forest movement.

On Topic: I wouldn't buy the game.

Oliver isn't as bad as Gheb. Oliver just looks like some fat old guy. Gheb looks like a tub of lard.

Which is why I said "adult men that don't look like bishounen males" in the first place. ;/

Within that 10% lies a minority that burns out poor Lumi's eyes.

Now if that 10% all looked like Seth, Dieck or Haar I would not object //shot

*reloads handgun*

Wait... I'm gonna be nuking demons left and right with Last Word. Why would I need a gun? *puts away stupid handgun*

Unfortunately we can't always have what we'd like. Sometimes we must deal with the horror that is what we do not like. D:

If it's the same game, why would they release two versions of it? If anything, it would simply be an option within the game. One we can already exercise by choosing to exclusively use characters of our own choosing.

If this really did happen (And it was actually two different storylines), then my decision would depend on a few of the design choices. If the female version had no cavaliers, fighters, mercenaries, or knights, I would get the male version. I would also expect that the female characters would have similar growths/caps as the male version of the game, even though typically females get a little screwed stat-wise.