FE7 Hack: Unsung Heroes (tentative name)

BlackSoulou

Thanks for the answer guys! 255 you say...and expandable. I guess I'll be fine smile.gif. I've started to read Blazer's Ultimate Tutorial and have downloaded the utilities a couple of days ago. First thing I do is try my hand at spriting. And figure out new Fangs to add to the lot. Any canon characters you'd like to see?

I read Roartz and Arcard's profiles on FE wikia. Potentially interesting.

Current utilities I have:

Nightmare+modules

HxD editor

FEEditor Adv

MAR Array inserter

Mappy

Edited by BlackSoulou

I'd recommend watch Arch's event hacking tutorial for dummies found here:

http://www.youtube.c...2/0/kVY1YSwa4k0

unless you aren't planning to make this an event hack, in which case my interest would drop considerably.

This is a joke right? I wouldn't see the point of this hack without any events. Anyways, on to watching Arch's magic at work tongue.gif. Thanks for the link!

EDIT: That looks quite easy explained like he did, except for those columns of numbers. I'll have to thank Arch for that.

EDIT2:I'm doing a list of all the characters of FE7 (allies and enemies) to see who will be appearing during the course of the story. If you want to see a specific character given a pc spot or whatelse, now's the time to say it. I will also get started with FE6 and keep an eye for the old guys (like Roartz and Arcard) who could be interesting to add.

Stay tuned! laugh.gif

Black

Edited by BlackSoulou

Okay, I'm back on business with a more structured approach and about as much experience as a month ago. But still! The big question now is:

Who do you want to see in this game?

Which characters I thought nobody would miss you believe MUST be part of the Reed brothers epic adventure?

I've already discarded a dozen or so PC's I got a good excuse to get rid of, now that Nergal's out of the way.

Edited by BlackSoulou

• 5 weeks later...

And now....I'll shamelessly bump this topic! I'M ACTIVE SF!

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Black

PS: Oh, question. Can I double, err triple post in my own project topic? I feel like a criminal right now.

Edited by BlackSoulou

... Nobody mentioned Ephidel yet? Really?

ain't Ephidel a morph ergo non-existent if Nergal never shows.

And I'm pretty sure you can bump your own project thread or gallery to alert people of an update. So if that's your update...

Hold on! Nergal himself says that he uses the quintessence he harvested from people to make his morphs, and they end up looking likethose people. Remember the final chapter? So even if I can't have Limstella or Sonia included, seeing how they were both created hundreds of years ago, they never say when Ephidel was created. I can have a human Ephidel if I want to and have thought about it. Nothing in mind for him at this point though. *spoiler*But little Denning will be there for sure*/endspoiler. As for Darin, no matter the game or twist it takes Laus will always end up the treacherous, cowardly bastard so...yeah. You know what to expect of him. It'll all play how he does it biggrin.gif.

I went through all the canon characters over the last month, determining who would be interesting to have and who wouldn't. And with that, I'll get started with the prologue map.

Your feedback is much appreciated!

Black

Edited by BlackSoulou

IIRC Ephidel was created at the same time as the other two, loosely known as brother and sisters. However, Kishuna if memory serves right, was similar to Renault's affiliation with Nergal, meaning that he was at one point human and was turned into a morph. Or something like that, I could be completely wrong right now lol.

Kishuna was the morph formed when Renault tried to bring back Lucius' father with Nergal. Lucius' father had been killed in an experiment, or something like that, and Nergal told Renault that he could bring him back to life, but ended up using Renault just to further his power with Morphs.

I'm pretty sure that's what Kishuna was.

So yeah, Ephidel could have been based off of a person, could have just been a morph. Who knows ~( ' 3')~

I thought Renault killed Lucius' father to somehow revive someone else.

[spoiler=Lucius x Renault]

A Support

Lucius: Bishop Renault...?

Renault: Lucius.

Lucius: ...Did I do something? Something...to...to... Have I angered you? If that were so... I would truly... Please... Forgive me......

Renault: Lucius! ...Control yourself!

Lucius: Yes... I am...sorry.

Renault: Ah, your affliction... ...Forgive me...

Lucius: ...Bishop Renault... Why should you...apologize? This scourge upon my soul... It is my own doing...

Renault: Do not speak... It will exhaust you.

Lucius: ...Ah... Sorry... ... ...

Renault: ...He is asleep... ............ Forgive me, son. In those days... I only thought of myself... I trespassed against many in my singular drive to regain the friend I lost...and to satiate my own...monstrous greed. I even sacrificed... the lives of others... Forgive me... Please...forgive...me......

Lucius: I forgive you...

Renault: You--

Lucius: I forgive you.

Renault: But you... You cannot know the evil I have wrought... I did it! I killed your father...

Lucius: Even so, I feel your grief, and it feels like my own...

Renault: Lucius...

Then maybe the other part with Nergal happened, IE he told him by somehow killing people he would be able to bring back his friend?

Kishuna was the morph formed when Renault tried to bring back Lucius' father with Nergal. Lucius' father had been killed in an experiment, or something like that, and Nergal told Renault that he could bring him back to life, but ended up using Renault just to further his power with Morphs.

I'm pretty sure that's what Kishuna was.

So yeah, Ephidel could have been based off of a person, could have just been a morph. Who knows ~( ' 3')~

That can't be. Kishuna is only mentioned to be the first morph Nergal created that had emotions. Nothing else.

[6:15:53 PM] BwdYeti: REnault just killed LUcius because he needed money/food/something he had

[6:15:57 PM] BwdYeti: *'s father

[6:16:11 PM] BwdYeti: HIs friend died ages ago, KIshuna was made slightly less ages ago

[6:16:40 PM] BwdYeti: HE was basically a common thief at that point

[6:18:33 PM] Super Dancing_Kitty: not an assassin/slayer/whatever the hell blazer called him? D:

[6:18:44 PM] Super Dancing_Kitty: my life is ruined Q n Q

[6:19:13 PM] Super Dancing_Kitty: *with a turban

[6:19:21 PM] Astra: lol

[6:21:08 PM] BwdYeti: WEll he could have been when he was working for NErgal

[6:21:47 PM] BwdYeti: MY assumption, given that he worked for CAelin before killing LUcius's father, is that he relapsed somewhere in the between time

[6:22:07 PM] BwdYeti: ANd after killing LUcius's father finally repented

[6:25:06 PM] Super Dancing_Kitty: why caelin

[6:25:12 PM] BwdYeti: WAllace support

[6:25:18 PM] Super Dancing_Kitty goes to read

[6:25:31 PM] BwdYeti: COme on don't you all know every little tidbit about the lore jeez

[6:25:43 PM] Trent: Renault supports Wallace?

[6:25:47 PM] BwdYeti: uh yeah

[6:26:03 PM] Super Dancing_Kitty:

>>>[6:25 PM] BwdYeti: COme on don't you all know every little tidbit about the lore jeez

please tell me that was sarcasm

Edited by BwdYeti

Hold on! Nergal himself says that he uses the quintessence he harvested from people to make his morphs, and they end up looking likethose people. Remember the final chapter? So even if I can't have Limstella or Sonia included, seeing how they were both created hundreds of years ago, they never say when Ephidel was created. I can have a human Ephidel if I want to and have thought about it.

I thought that Nergal chose to craft the 8 generals in the images of actual people on purpose, it wasn't a restriction. Migh'tve been wrong though, and even so, you still could have a human Ephidel. Or any morph for that matter.

Well, it would be convenient if Ephidel had been created in a reasonably close time period as he is an interesting character. I like to think that it would be easier for complex morphs (Ephidel and Sonia mostly) to emulate emotions and personalities that were close to their own in their pre-morph life.

deranger:

I thought that Nergal chose to craft the 8 generals in the images of actual people on purpose, it wasn't a restriction. Migh'tve been wrong though, and even so, you still could have a human Ephidel. Or any morph for that matter.

I think you might be true about restrictions (or lack of). I can also cite the butterfly effect to justify anything that happened in the last 500 years or so of Fire Emblem history, but that would be cheap.

As for maps, I have my *very* rough draft for the prologue map, how can I convert it so it's ready to upload as an image?

Will the main characters from FE7 show up, even if just as cameos?

Also, surely Nino wouldn't be part of the Black Fang if Sonia had never been created, since it's Sonia that killed her parents and raised her in the first place?

Edited by Anouleth

Well, it would be convenient if Ephidel had been created in a reasonably close time period as he is an interesting character. I like to think that it would be easier for complex morphs (Ephidel and Sonia mostly) to emulate emotions and personalities that were close to their own in their pre-morph life.

I think you might be true about restrictions (or lack of). I can also cite the butterfly effect to justify anything that happened in the last 500 years or so of Fire Emblem history, but that would be cheap.

As for maps, I have my *very* rough draft for the prologue map, how can I convert it so it's ready to upload as an image?

Export as a "current layer.bmp" (the first bmp) Then upload to an image host. Usually people display their maps in their galleries, but this works too.

Will the main characters from FE7 show up, even if just as cameos?

Also, surely Nino wouldn't be part of the Black Fang if Sonia had never been created, since it's Sonia that killed her parents and raised her in the first place?

1. See the FAQ, but the answer is yes for 2 of them, while the 3rd one's case is not decided yet.

2.Many things can separate a Nino from her family...That's all I'll say. mellow.gif

Export as a "current layer.bmp" (the first bmp) Then upload to an image host. Usually people display their maps in their galleries, but this works too.

Thank you very much! biggrin.gif

EDIT: I guess I'm rushing things a bit.. [http://serenesforest...3]

EDIT2: What do you think of the title of the hack? -->Unsung Heroes

Edited by BlackSoulou