Who's that archetype?

Vicious Sal

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but if there ever was a Caeda archetype, I'm certain that it wouldn't be "early joining pegasus rider". It would be along the lines of "main character's primary love interest". Hence why I brought up a Thany and Lilina comparison. The only similarities Thany has with Caeda is that they're both blue haired Pegasus Knights, and they're the first Pegasus Knight to join in their respective games, but that's where the similarities end. Lilina on the other hand is a princess, has known Roy for a while, can recruit some seemingly random guys into the army, and is hinted at the most. I may be missing some of Lilina's traits, but compare how Lilina is to how Caeda is, and you'll see where I'm getting at.

The early-joining pegasus rider, I think it was defined as such on the FE Wikia.

The early-joining pegasus rider, I think it was defined as such on the FE Wikia.

No it wasn't. In fact, there is some discussion right now if people agree on being a princess who is the main character's primary love interest (or is a love interest who is hinted at the most), and possibly recruits seemingly random guys is criteria enough for establishing an archetype. You're most likely thinking about something else, which is currently described as, like you say, "the early-joining pegasus rider".

Well, Sheeda's the first early Peg so who else would it be named after? :P

She's also the first primary love interest for the main character. If anything, what you describe would most likely be the "Palla Archetype" if it does have a name at all. And even then, the person who proposed it is unsure what to call it, let alone dig up some more criteria for establishing it. But if you ask me, I don't think "early joining Pegasus Knight" is critera enough to have its own archetype. :/

It's more important that she's the first early Peg, and I don't see why Palla has more claim to the name. I really don't care if you have some sort of hate-on for basing archetype off gameplay instead or whatever (honestly, this crap reminds me of those people trying to change the Ogma archetype or saying Raven doesn't count in it).

It's more important that she's the first early Peg, and I don't see why Palla has more claim to the name. I really don't care if you have some sort of hate-on for basing archetype off gameplay instead or whatever (honestly, this crap reminds me of those people trying to change the Ogma archetype or saying Raven doesn't count in it).

You really need to look at discussion pages more often when talking about something like this. My point is that you need something more than just "insert a single common trait here and leave it at that" to know if there's an archetype or not. Remaining on the point of the supposed Caeda Archetype, how the heck are you gonna tell me that Florina (lol) and Vanessa have much more in common with Caeda than Lyn and Tana do? You have to identify multiple common traits to see if an archetype or not. I'm sorry, but just listing one trait isn't gonna cut it.

And since I'm not in the mood for retaining this sort of discussion in this topic, I'm open to PMs.

Edited by Little Al

Why argue? That's how I defined it in a now-gone guess.

Not to mention that that logic falls flat. Personality wise Sain is more like Saul or Gatrie than he is like Abel or Oscar, but which one does he share an archetype with, hmmm?

EDIT: Missed your edit.

Edited by CrashGordon94