Anybody who doesn't like it can three themselves.

Nayr Farros

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While her face may be the same pixels tall, her features are not in the same place as the original Sue, making it look off. (main thing being how close to the chin is to the mouth, compared to the original, IMO)

Personally, I think raising the mouth, nose, and the curve of the cheek 1-2 pixels should help a bit.

flizwp.jpgIn this direction maybe?

But IDK. (But yeah, that was a quick select/drag of her mouth/nose area, but you get the idea, yes?)

Edited by L95

That takes the roundness out of her face and makes her look like an androgynous male. That's more or less how the face was when everyone was telling me it looked like a man.

Also I'd appreciate checking with me before doing ref edits.

SHouldn't her clothes be a little more red? And I don't understand why her cleavage has to be showing when the original did not...

The original Sue sprite had awful colors. The clothes were too bright, poorly contrasted. And the hair was wayyyy too dark.

Even Sue's official art wasn't like that(which mine is closer to)

ModEdit:

Please don't double post!

eCut~

Edited by eCut

Also I'd appreciate checking with me before doing ref edits.

What, even? Why are you nasty to people who -are trying to help- and go -out of their way- to do it, I don't even...why am I posting

Also, L95's looks more anatomically sound, I think you're wrong about the androgyny. Sue isn't exactly the most feminine character on the roster either, what makes her look feminine in her official art is her short face and cheeks. At the moment her face is pretty long, and her chin is very pointy, and she lacks any sort of jaw.

For the colors, I like the ones you have in your sprite better than the original FE6 Sue. Not sure pinpoint accuracy to original colors is important if it looks better

2Yy86.png

This is what your Sue looks like to me

I exaggerated all the parts that I thought were weird

No, this isn't a joke

Nor am I trying to offend you

I can try making my own edits and post them here if you will let me, so you can compare what I think is right to what you think is right

What, even? Why are you nasty to people who -are trying to help- and go -out of their way- to do it, I don't even...why am I posting

It's a (somewhat) unspoken rule that most people learn the hard way(including myself, a long time ago). You don't post edits of someone else's work(even ref edits) without permission.

2Yy86.png

I exaggerated all the parts that I thought were weird

No, this isn't a joke

Nor am I trying to offend you

I can try making my own edits and post them here if you will let me, so you can compare what I think is right to what you think is right

Since you asked and are being polite about it: Feel free.

Edited by Nayr Farros

UjMTEEs.png

I edited everything that I thought was wrong in my previous post (I didn't refine it though, as can be seen by the big white space on the right side of her body)

If this looks strange to you, feel free to disregard it, but I hope this helps you understand the difference in our viewpoints.

Edited by AthenaWyrm

Yeah, anyone who doesn't like Nayr's shit can go fuck themselves, you cocksucker motherfucker piss cunt tits!!!!!

Too bad "censorship whore" isn't a dirty word, otherwise I would've incorporated that one too.

Holy shit, Arch. If you have a beef with Nayr, just stop talking to the mofack unless you're gay for him.

2Yy86.png

Athena, you must have this thing where mouths look lower to you than to other people, because Nayr's Sue's mouth isn't much lower than it should be.

As for you, Nayr, the biggest problem I see on the Nu!Sue is that you have some thick lines of the darkest shade of color in her hair. Doing that makes the hair look solid and THAT'S NO GOOD!

...yeah

Holy shit, Arch. If you have a beef with Nayr, just stop talking to the mofack unless you're gay for him.

I ain't got no beefs, I'm just having my fun. Don 't tell me how to conduct myself, Bones. I'll do what I damn well please until someone with more authority tells me otherwise.

Peace out, homes.

Edited by Arch

Athena, you must have this thing where mouths look lower to you than to other people, because Nayr's Sue's mouth isn't much lower than it should be.

That's why I said I exaggerated it lol. It is not that low on his sprite, yes, but I thought the nose and mouth were kinda low anyways, so I brought them waaaay down on my picture to better show how strange it looks to me.

Edited by AthenaWyrm

As for you, Nayr, the biggest problem I see on the Nu!Sue is that you have some thick lines of the darkest shade of color in her hair. Doing that makes the hair look solid and THAT'S NO GOOD!

...yeah

Arch is the type of person who is nice when he wants something, but when he doesn't his real thoughts come out. And he thinks jumping on the Nayr-bullying bandwagon will keep his new contributors(people who don't like me very much) happy so they'll keep giving him stuff. So he's a kiss ass, a whore, and a backstabber all rolled in one. Qualities commonly found in politicians actually. :p

I'll take a look at the hair. Right now incorporating Athena's facial suggestions properly is my priority.

Yeah, anyone who doesn't like Nayr's shit can go fuck themselves, you cocksucker motherfucker piss cunt tits!!!!!

Too bad "censorship whore" isn't a dirty word, otherwise I would've incorporated that one too.

Belive me, I'd call you every word in GC's list if I knew it wouldn't get me an infraction.

Using George Carlin's Seven Dirty Words list is a creative workaround.

Wait.

I'm thinking of three of George Carlin's "Seven Dirty Words" right now in regard to you.

???

Using George Carlin's Seven Dirty Words list is a creative workaround.

You're the one who even brought up George Carlin in the first place??

Though I gotta say this baby bickering is getting pretty old, especially in the FE6 topic which is something I'm genuinely looking forward to.

Edited by Klok

Well this looks like a fine little mess.

Arch, if you have a problem with Nayr, or if you just want to have 'fun', then PM him instead of spamming garbage over his topic. It really is unnecessary.

Nayr, just because Arch is acting that way, does not mean you need to behave in a like-manner.

Both of you are old enough to not act so immaturely and I shouldn't have to tell you both to behave. I don't want to see anymore of this pointless bantering.

Edited by eCut
Forgot not... :E

Though I gotta say this baby bickering is getting pretty old, especially in the FE6 topic which is something I'm genuinely looking forward to.

I wouldn't need to bicker with people if they wouldn't insist on giving me a hard time.

I'm as entitled to an opinion and choice as everybody else, and I am so fucking tired of being picked on for it just because I dare to disagree with the self-righteous so called elite spriters and their asskissers! What I go through here is tantamount to cyberbullying.

I literally get jumped on for every fucking little thing I do. Political views and opinons, choices in spriting style, even my choice in colors is subject for scrutiny. And at least I have the common decency to explain why my opinions are as they are, as I am allowed by the first amendment of the constitution. While everybody else just says "you're wrong" along with a slew of passive aggressive implications and expect it to be taken as gospel.

Imma step in as a dude who is entirely unaffiliated.

I'll admit, people do come down a little harsh on you. But people have tried helping you, (Not the "elites" as you speak of, regular ass dudes and chicks like myself) by giving some CnC on the sprites you share, and 9/10 you shut down all CnC with whatever reason you have. I've seen it happen many times before, and I've tried to give you some pointers on stuff myself and just got an, "Oh, well that's how things are so..." kind of response. If you'd rather just not get CnC from the community than maybe you should just advertise that so people don't waste there and your time, and save everybody the huge argument.

Just my 2 cents.

And as for the new Sue, the only problems I see is that her face looks a little scrunched up, the features could be spread out a bit more. And I think someone else said it before, but it looks like she's got manly pecs, not breasts.

Imma step in as a dude who is entirely unaffiliated.

I'll admit, people do come down a little harsh on you. But people have tried helping you, (Not the "elites" as you speak of, regular ass dudes and chicks like myself) by giving some CnC on the sprites you share, and 9/10 you shut down all CnC with whatever reason you have. I've seen it happen many times before, and I've tried to give you some pointers on stuff myself and just got an, "Oh, well that's how things are so..." kind of response. If you'd rather just not get CnC from the community than maybe you should just advertise that so people don't waste there and your time, and save everybody the huge argument.

Just my 2 cents.

And as for the new Sue, the only problems I see is that her face looks a little scrunched up, the features could be spread out a bit more. And I think someone else said it before, but it looks like she's got manly pecs, not breasts.

To be fair, I'm completely allowed to disagree with any form of CNC, whether it's right or wrong. It's MY sprite, not theirs, and cnc is given for reference, not dictation. And most of the time people just drop in, and give vague descriptions of what they don't like. They rarely suggest methods of fixing the problems or are even clear about what they're trying to say.

Most of that isn't really cnc, it's just bashing. CnC is trying to help. Dropping in and saying "That doesn't look like sue" or "she looks manly" doesn't help anything because I have absolutely no context as to why it is that way, or how to fix it.

And if you notice, I generally respond better when people give cnc nicely and respect my choice when I disagree. Take Athena for instance, I've applied several of her suggestions, and just haven't gotten around to posting it.(I've got Vamp on Skype and he's supposed to be helping, but appears to be afk atm.)

Edited by Nayr Farros

To be fair, I'm completely allowed to disagree with any form of CNC, whether it's right or wrong. It's MY sprite, not theirs, and cnc is given for reference, not dictation. And most of the time people just drop in, and give vague descriptions of what they don't like. They rarely suggest methods of fixing the problems or are even clear about what they're trying to say.

Most of that isn't really cnc, it's just bashing. CnC is trying to help. Dropping in and saying "That doesn't look like sue" or "she looks manly" doesn't help anything because I have absolutely no context as to why it is that way, or how to fix it.

And if you notice, I generally respond better when people give cnc nicely and respect my choice when I disagree. Take Athena for instance, I've applied several of her suggestions, and just haven't gotten around to posting it.(I've got Vamp on Skype and he's supposed to be helping, but appears to be afk atm.)

yeah i get that part.

i'm saying regular dudes that arent good at spriting come in and say, "Oh yo, this looks off, maybe you should fix it" and then like a couple other people agree with said person, and you just shoot everyone down, and then everyone is kind of like, "but dude, it looks better that way" and your response is basically a, "well I don't care what you think" in return.

1. Receive vague criticism, mostly text that probably took a few seconds to minutes to type.

2. Spend a few minutes to hours fixing sprite based on criticism, display.

3. Receive more criticism.

4. Repeat. (This is the tiring one.)

Basically the reason I don't maintain my thread and am sympathizing with Nayr. Sure, there's a lot you can learn from people's responses to your work, but there's a lot more 'IT'S IMPERFECT GO FIX IT', and vague witticisms than teaching/showing what's wrong and giving you the time to learn from it. By the time something valuable comes along I'm usually too turtled to act on it.

If it's for a production then sure people should be able to rail on it for nonconformance. For funsie work, I don't see the big todo about people wanting huge updates. Take a criticism, remember it for the next piece, move on.

1. Receive vague criticism, mostly text that probably took a few seconds to minutes to type.

2. Spend a few minutes to hours fixing sprite based on criticism, display.

3. Receive more criticism.

4. Repeat. (This is the tiring one.)

Basically the reason I don't maintain my thread and am sympathizing with Nayr. Sure, there's a lot you can learn from people's responses to your work, but there's a lot more 'IT'S IMPERFECT GO FIX IT', and vague witticisms than teaching/showing what's wrong and giving you the time to learn from it. By the time something valuable comes along I'm usually too turtled to act on it.

If it's for a production then sure people should be able to rail on it for nonconformance. For funsie work, I don't see the big todo about people wanting huge updates. Take a criticism, remember it for the next piece, move on.

Story of my (online) life.

Also if it's for a production, that's when people should strive to be the most helpful, not the most snarky.