FE5 Patching help

Racer

I wanna try playing fire emblem 5 but it shows 3 different files. My rom says NP or something on it so I chose the patch that says FE5 Patch 0006 NP so I patched it with IPSWin (for some reason renaming the patch won't patch it for me) when it gets patched the screen just cuts to black and nothing happens... I tried patching the other patches but still nothing works, can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong??? (PS the unpatched version works fine)

Thanks in advance

Sounds like a header issue.

Information on SNES headers:

The step that seems to trip most would-be-patchers is whether your SNES ROM has a header or not. You can check whether your ROM has a header by using a hex editor or certain ROM utilities like SNESTool. Basically, you're looking for a large area of empty space near the very beginning of the ROM. If you need to add or remove a header, you can try using SNESTool.

Dealing with FE5 in particular:

Finally, check the section above on SNES headers. If your Thracia 776 ROM has a header, you can try the HIROM version of the patch. Otherwise, remove the header and apply either the NP or ROM version of the patch.

For reference, a headered FE5 ROM is 4,194,816 bytes exactly. Without a header, it's 4,194,304 bytes.

Edited by VincentASM