I think the Drafts subforums killed it

Junkhead

Honestly, I don't see what's the point of it. It's not any more organized than it used to be, seeing drafts at their respective FE forums.

I'm not one of those common people that complain at any imperfection, but I did not ask for this in the first place.

There were people complaining that the drafts were choking discussion out of their game forums.

I, personally, don't get it but it doesn't bother me one way or another.

I understand moving it to a separate sub-forum. My question is why it isn't a new forum section. My friends, it may have cleaned up the main game threads, but the general FE discussion is now haunted and plagued by the same problem. Why not it be in its own section?

What is this "problem"? Choking discussion? Because that's some top-grade bullshit right there. Discussion is not a limited resource we assign to optimal forums. We post in whatever threads we're interested in regardless of where they happen to be in relation to others.

Sweet irony, eh? Also laet. I'm inclined to close this and tell you to make a ticket but for now I'll leave it and see what comes.

ok, I'll make a Ticket about this as a complaint.

Of course it's more organised. They're all in one place and I don't need to go on a magical adventure across the forums to get from one thread to another.

It sure beats looking through pages upon pages of threads just to find a draft thread.

Said "magical adventure" is only a few clicks a way. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but the drafting progress has decreased a bit after the subforums have been created (at least for FE10 drafting).

I wonder if things wouldn't be easier with a number of sub forums within the new drafting forum? Like say NES/SNES Era drafts, Gameboy Advance Era drafts, Gamecube/Wii Era drafts and DS Era drafts. That's just four subsections that would help make everything in here a lot more organized. Then just leave 'other' drafts like the pokemon ones and others out here and treat this section as 'general' drafts. But that's just my two cents.

Said "magical adventure" is only a few clicks a way. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but the drafting progress has decreased a bit after the subforums have been created (at least for FE10 drafting).

I sure haven't noticed a drop-off in people reporting things to me in the Master Thread.

I sure haven't noticed a drop-off in people reporting things to me in the Master Thread.

There probably seems to be less because looking at the FE part of the forum doesn't have half the boards with the most recent topic being a draft thread

so it feels less active, even though it isn't

I gave you guys three options, one of which was to just leave things the way they were. Clearly the majority of users prefer it this way, since that is the option they chose :P:.

I don't think there is decreased activity.

• 2 weeks later...