I just wanted to make sure that this was possible

Actually, I was curious so I tried exactly the same thing just now and it's indeed possible.

First you need to use the Control Enemy Glitch to obtain a Stone and then cast Stone on Lyon. When he's petrified, Eclipse will always have ~30 Critical to critical and if it does critical, Lyon (or anybody under these circumstances) will die.

You can do this without having to use any ROM-editing programs (hacking), since it is doable through a programming flaw (glitch).

Glitch =/= Hack.

Edited by V-Raven

As V-Raven mentioned, it's technically not a hack.

However, if you want to do it without a glitch, then it's not possible. The only way to critical with Eclipse is if the enemy is petrified and you can't petrify enemies through "legit" means.

I'm not sure on this since I haven't played SS in a long time, but couldn't you get a Berserk staff, cast it on a Gorgon that has Stone, make it cast it on an enemy, and then use Eclipse on it? Again, I'm not sure if this would work since maybe berserked enemies don't use Stone or some other weird thing could happen.

Actually, you're right. I forgot there are Stone-wielding Gorgons near him.

Although obtaining a Berserk staff is pretty troublesome, but just about doable (I remember doing this several months ago).

So doing a Eclipse critical on Lyon is possible via legit means. Unless you count obtaining the Berserk staff as foul play (it requires burning the caster's Mend staff).

Edited by VincentASM