A small trick for FE4

Apollocles

If like me, during the chapter 7, Leaf, Nanna and Fin never do anything after saving the villages, I have a solution for you.

Before the end of Chapter 5, give to Nanna the Return Staff (she can use it!) and the Return Ring. So she can transport Leaf and Fin to the main castel and then return herself to this castel.

With this, Lenster's warriors can fight whith the rest of your army for the all chapter (they win more exp and they are an extra hand in your party)

What do you think of it?

I assume you mean Lachesis. But yes, this is a pretty viable use. It is perhaps even better to do at the end of the chapter, since you can farm enemies for early exp, between Fin, Leaf and Nanna, and this will make clearing the arena easier (Prayer/Prayer Sword assists too)

Since the enemies keep coming indefinitely, I prefer to just have them keep killing enemies for EXP. It's not particularly dangerous, gets them moderate exp, and they can head west to use the arena once they're mostly done.

Base level Fin can actually hold Lenster with either the Hero Lance or a little support from Nanna and Leaf. The incoming armours are actually pretty good experience for them, with their awful resistance and 1-1 range.

Once the Captain dies the enemies stop coming / he stops retreating for reinforcements at which point this is actually plausible and I've thought about it. But yeah that only happens if he brazenly throws himself at a promoted Fin regardless of calibre of weapon so you should try to just farm the reinforcements with Leaf + Nanna as much as possible and if they stop coming just head over towards the border patrol guards to get the Mage Trio and Tinny's squad to go towards that way instead of attacking the allied castle because by now most of your army should have taken down the guy with Tron and separate into two squads to help Aless + take that castle and then take the Freege guy.

This will make it easier for Arthur to recruit Tinny as well as just have Fin sit on the castle not charging until your lowbies (read: Tinny) catch up from the rear to waste the new squad (which can also be farmed for additional reinforcements as long as the Captain doesn't die, I don't think he retreats.) Just be careful setting up around Thorhammer castle to farm reinforcements while Celice comes down from capturing the castle with the dude with Slayer. Basically having Nanna use the Return Staff that early in the chapter would be a detriment in getting conversations / EXP.

Sorry for not remembering names I'm really tired right meow.

Edit: I'll have Second Generation Reinforcement updates within a month or so since I now have my gaming comp back, which is located in this forum and still subject to more extensive testing.

Edited by black.ops

• 3 weeks later...

I'd give the Return Ring to Patty's dad, then when Melgen is captured, farm the Lenster trio and Fee a bit more, then have them retreat and lose Lenster to the Mage trio until Tinny and Leen are recruited, then recapture Lenster and go after Blume at Alster.

I do this sometimes. I can give a return ring to Patty as well, seeing on how there's two Returns in Gen 1 to pass down.

I always do that. Fee's redundant anywhere else - Shanan will clear Yied long before Cel is even there and everybody else has to cluster up around the border and wait for Cel anyway, so Fee may as well go fight around Lenster.

Huh? There's MORE than enough room for Patty to juke around while Shanan kills everything. Have him blaze back and grab Balmung on turn 1 and she just moseys off to the left while he takes out the mobiles. Then she can move closer while he takes out the boss and stationaries, then she has a corner to hide in while he runs about to engage the rear mobiles.

Really, it's foolproof.

EDIT: And I tend to leave Fee around Lenster anyway. By the time she could have made it back to help with Ishtor, Blume's shat out another army for her to play with. By the time they're gone, you've got Leen/Laylea and everybody's converging on Alster.

Edited by Integrity

...I have never, ever, ever had trouble keeping Patty away from attacks. Turn 1, Shanan gets the Balmunk and Patty moves as far back as she likes. Turn two, Shanan starts the massacre. Once all the peeps at Yied are dead, Patty goes over there, Shanan can turn around and attack the doods coming from behind.

The one time I tried that, the only way she survived was by a lot of evading and save scumming in order to survive a single hit with 3 HP. And it was a Holyn!Patty. If I dared to use Daisy, she would never survive that.

I feel like I'm going to have to play the game and show you pictures of Patty not being attacked in the first place.

The one time I tried that, the only way she survived was by a lot of evading and save scumming in order to survive a single hit with 3 HP. And it was a Holyn!Patty. If I dared to use Daisy, she would never survive that.

I just outlined, in detail, a strategy that keeps Patty/Daisy from ever even seeing combat. Do you need me to record a video for you?

There's an area where units will just suicide onto Shanan and Patty can clean up any low HP survivors at a distance provided you passed down a magic sword. You can use the same triangle formation used in the Brigid / Tiltyu / Claude chapter where Brigid would tank and Tiltyu would clean up standing on the tile behind her because the entrance is only one tile wide where Brigid would be blocking. Depending on whether or not you want to pair Patty with Shanan / have her take enemy phase damage from the dark mages you should probably keep her one tile away from Shanan and then move in for clean up when it's safe. I did Beowulf!Patty for early Pursuit when I tried this so it was pretty easy for her to get kills and survive. However, I'm going to employ the same strategy with Jamka!Patty because high enough Speed and RNG abuse I can get a Continue proc anytime.

BMO: 1: holy god that font is absolutely horrible

2: Shanan doesn't leave survivors out of Dark Mages. Seriously, bro.

3: Why are we ABSOLUTELY IN ARMS about getting Patty 75 XP from the two kills we have to heavily RNG abuse for her to get when there's plenty of easy XP everywhere else? The Arena is there or you can Warp her to Len* or Ishtorstan after you take it, for Christ's sake.

does not compute

No one said you have to use Balmung =)

Edit: Integ just because you don't have a personality doesn't mean no one else should. With an Earth Sword and the right skillset Patty holds her own pretty well.

Edited by blllllack.mmmmmamba.ops

If you don't use Balmung, Shanan has this nasty habit called getting hit that tends to wipe his HP out, since IIRC his only other weapon is a Steel Blade.

EDIT: Oh, by the way BMO? Assuming I don't have personality for not using Patty, I would like to present evidence to the contrary:

Edited by Integrity

That and he still kills the enemies with it. The only way an enemy will be weakened is if Patty does it herself, which doesn't work.

And why would Integ have no personality for using the Balmung? Or are you getting a personality drive out of using an obnoxious looking font?

That and he still kills the enemies with it. The only way an enemy will be weakened is if Patty does it herself, which doesn't work.

And why would Integ have no personality for using the Balmung? Or are you getting a personality drive out of using an obnoxious looking font?

You probably missed the conversation in the chatroom where we settled this so I won't rehash the gameplay conversation.

As for your second question, you'll customize your avatar and your sig and your profile but you have an aversion to font customization to the point where you'll go out of your way to critique others for it. If everyone else critiqued you on your obnoxious avatar / sig / profile you'd probably change it to bland just to fit in with the wave because of a lack of personality and individuality. If you smell like a hypocrite I don't blame you but I wonder how the weather is up there on your high horse of false self esteem over the internet on a forum where no one really gives a fuck about your words.

I was gonna leave this for tomorrow, but naaaah.

As for your second question, you'll customize your avatar and your sig and your profile but you have an aversion to font customization to the point where you'll go out of your way to critique others for it. If everyone else critiqued you on your obnoxious avatar / sig / profile you'd probably change it to bland just to fit in with the wave because of a lack of personality and individuality. If you smell like a hypocrite I don't blame you but I wonder how the weather is up there on your high horse of false self esteem over the internet on a forum where no one really gives a fuck about your words.

You're so cute. Because my absolutely garish signature and avatar actually detract from the readability of my words.

Would I be an "individual" for writing entirely in white, one-point struckout font?

And what, exactly, makes you infer that I would bend to the will of others in this whole "lack of personality or individuality" when I've made it my quest to do precisely the opposite - make others bend to my will?

Good night, sir.

Edited by Integrity