I'm on a candy hunt!!

Freohr Datia

1: Remove wrapper using your hands.

-Often the wrapper can be ripped by tearing in two opposite directions .

-You can usually do this using a pair of scissors if your hands are too slippery and you're not getting good traction to rip up the wrapper.

2: Place candy, and not wrapper, within your mouth.

3: Depending on candy and/or preference, either chew or hold in place in your mouth and wait for it to melt.

Can I write technical instructions for manuals or was this not enough?

1: Remove wrapper using your hands.

-Often the wrapper can be ripped by tearing in two opposite directions .

-You can usually do this using a pair of scissors if your hands are too slippery and you're not getting good traction to rip up the wrapper.

2: Place candy, and not wrapper, within your mouth.

3: Depending on candy and/or preference, either chew or hold in place in your mouth and wait for it to melt.

Can I write technical instructions for manuals or was this not enough?

4: ???

5. Profit

4: ???

5. Profit

I am afraid I cannot indulge myself in agreement, silent or not, with this post. Technical manual instructions are not generally written with profit in mind. They have less liquid goals in mind - the assembly of furniture to rest one's posterior, for example. Whilst such objects may eventually be transferred in ownership or used to the owner's profit, a properly written manual is written with objectives that can more definitively be achieved than financial profit.

Now, if we were to speak of profit in a more general sense, we might not even need the ???. We could simply exclude the ??? and write "flavor", profiting, assuming one finds the taste appealing subjectively, to the user's sense of taste. But since manuals are generally supposed to guide one in the objectives of achieving such profits, not actually the experience of the profit itself, I would be inclined to disagree.

Do not mesh business plans of the underpants gnomoes with technical manuals. Believe me, I am not educated on the subject of either one, but I believe I am in the right on this account in the general sense. Bring forth specific examples, not manufactured post-ante for the purposes of proving me wrong, and I will probably consider myself in the right on what a technical manual is really supposed to be anyway, so don't bother with the specific examples.

So are you duly schooled?

Edited by BlueMartianKitty