Video editing.

Strawman

So I have to make a short video, I don't have a mac , and I was wondering if there was an easy to use video editing program that was especially good or recommended? I know nothing about making/editing a video so I figured you guys probably know a lot more than I do.

Well, there's always Windows Movie Maker :P

But that's pretty shitty.

If you don't mind being illegal, you could pirate yourself a copy of Camtasia 7, and Sony Vegas 7. They're really good for video editing.

And I suggest pirating because Camtasia's about $200, and Sony Vegas can run up to $1000.

Edited by seph1212

If you're REALLY, REALLY skilled, you could use Virtualdub/Virtualdub mod by cutting off via frame numbers and then direct stream copying all of them together via segmented AVI combining.

However, no such things as transitions using that method.

I would honestly recommend finding someone who has a Mac and convincing them to let you borrow it for a bit. iMovie is probably the most usable video-editing software out there. Pirated versions of Sony Vegas tend to not work very often.