Sappy problem.

FalconVegeta1986

You're missing a necessary file for the program to run. You can try downloading another version of Sappy or try registering the file (google will give you various solutions).

TBH though I had this problem before and I tried to fix it but was unsuccessful despite trying like 10 different methods so I can't give anything besides vague advice. >_____>

The ELF method doesn't require Sappy at all, though you can make use of Sappy v1.6 (which should almost definitely work) to your advantage IIRC, but even that's not necessary.

See the Ultimate Tutorial for more info

EDIT: Not to mention Zahlman's Song Editor, that definitely doesn't require Sappy >_> it's awesome, you should try it

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

Wrong.

You can do it the hard way (that is, take the song number of your song, multiply it by 8, and add it to whatever the song table offset is).

Any way you could explain that one a little bit?

The ELF method doesn't require Sappy at all, though you can make use of Sappy v1.6 (which should almost definitely work) to your advantage IIRC, but even that's not necessary.

See the Ultimate Tutorial for more info

EDIT: Not to mention Zahlman's Song Editor, that definitely doesn't require Sappy >_> it's awesome, you should try it

Tried ELF method. Failed hard. Plus I can only apply your expansion patch to a clean ROM for whatever reason. But it does say Sappy is optional for finding the offset.

ZSE is the method I was trying, and it's not too long after you said to open the ROM that you say to open Sappy and load the ROM that I want to export music from.

So I fail at inserting MIDI's, and I can't rip music from other games if I don't know where the music is. And I don't know if I can rip music from any other game, or if it has to be only GBA or something.

I'm making a tool that makes the ELF method like 10 times easier, although you'll have to wait until I fail less at java before it's released.

3dc4604397feecb6c0ca1528f81a7361.png

I am not shitting you, I swear

Anyway. If you know what your song number is in hex (for example, Together We Ride is 0x0042), you can find the song manually. The song table is... somewhere, 0x69D???. Look it up for yourself.

Each entry in this table is a 4-byte header followed by a four-byte priority. This makes for 8-bytes per entry.

Therefore, you can find the offset of each entry by multiplying the array number by 8, then adding it onto 0x69D???. For example, song 0x01 starts exactly one entry away from the start, which would be 0x69D???+8. 0x02 would be that, plus 8. 0x3B would be 0x69D??? + (0x08*0x3B).

If you're ripping songs with ZSE, you go to that offset in a hex editor, and take the pointer there. Byte-reverse it, turn it into an offset, and that's your header offset.