(FE4) Political Draft

Darros

So, I was looking at DTE, and saw this.

In a SOYO draft, each person drafts somebody ELSE'S team. Fair warning to hosts: don't set players in a SOYO draft to draft for each other or politicking will ensue. GOOD EX: I draft Soul's team, Soul drafts Donna's team, Donna drafts Furetchen's team, and Furetchen drafts my team. BAD EX: I draft Furetchen's team, Soul drafts Donna's team, Donna drafts Soul's team, and Furetchen drafts my team.

Then I thought: What if we use the bad example? It could definately be interesting (or terrible) and I'm kind of willing to try it out.

Even though, y'know, I'm just hosting this and not participating, for I have way too many drafts to do ATM anway, on top of school.

Drafting:

1. This draft is for 4 players. The first and fourth slots will draft for eachother, and the second and third slots will draft for eachother.

2. Sigurd, Deirdre, Celice, Oifaye and Julia are free for all to use.

3. First, the mothers are drafted, and their children come with them. Example: Drafting Ayra gives you Ayra, Lakche and Skasaher.

4. Then, the rest of the characters (father characters, fixed characters and substitute characters) are drafted. The order for this part of the draft is reversed, so the person who went last picking mothers goes first picking these characters.

5. One character will remain undrafted.

Rules:

1. Undrafted units may only: Recruit characters, initiate Talk conversations and special events that do not require the participants to be lovers.

2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, giving Charisma bonuses, using the Give command, or participating in Lover/Sibling criticals.

3. Other and Neutral units may do as they please without penalty.

4. Arena use is allowed and encouraged.

Penalties:

1. Non-holy weapon users (Noish, Ayra etc.) have a 3 turn penalty per unit per castle.

2. Holy weapon users (Levin, Shanan etc.) and Dancers have a 7 turn penalty per unit per castle. Example: Using Noish (if undrafted) in route to Jungby results in a 3 turn penalty. Once Sigurd seizes Jungby, you take another 3 turn penalty if you use Noish while in route to Evans.

3. Using the Give command is a special 12 turn penalty.

Exceptions:

1. Generation 1 units may lose a bout in the Arena and then die to an enemy while unequipped to prevent them getting married. The enemy must have no other friendly units in his attack range and must finish the character in a single round.

2. Briggid, Claude and Tiltyu are free to use in Chapter 3.

3. Dew may lower the bridge in Chapter 4 if undrafted. He may not perform any other disallowed actions without penalty.

4. Leaf, Fin and Janne are free to use in Chapter 7.

5. Shanan and Daisy are free to use in Chapter 7 until Yied is seized.

Teams:

1. Dr. Will, courtesy Cobalt: {Lachesis, Delmud, Nanna}, {Briggid, Patty, Faval}, Dew, Holyn, Arden, Dimna, Cuan, Laylea, Johalva, Sharlow

2. Dokutayuu, courtesy Lorddomu: {Sylvia, Leen, Corple}, {Aideen, Lana, Lester}, Midir, Claude, Alec, Hawk, Femina, Radney, Hannibal, Jamka

3. Lorddomu, courtesy Dokutayuu: {Ayra, Lakche, Skasaher}, {Ethlin, Altenna, Leaf}, Lex, Fin, Ares, Janne, Shanan, Linda, Amid, Daisy

4. Cobalt, courtesy Dr. Will: {Fury, Fee, Sety}, {Tiltyu, Tinny, Arthur}, Azel, Levin, Mana, Noish, Tristan, Rodolbahn, Johan, Beowulf

Let's hope this doesn't really suck.

[spoiler=Units Left]

Asaello

Edited by Skasaher

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finish your other abomination first, dipshit.

I'm working onit. Like I said, I'm not participating here.

And talk these bad ideas over with somebody before you put them into action :P

There were no drafting people online that I saw. :(

Wouldn't this just end up being like drafting for yourself?

There can be strategies. You can give someone else a crap team, but they probably won't be nice to you back. You could also give someone who you think is second best and hope that they'll be nice back. They may give you who you want, or just troll you and give you crap.

Wasn't this how Psych's SOYO worked?

There was an interesting FE11 draft I was part of which was a semi-SOYO. Where you chose half of your units. That might be worth a shot at some point.

I'll sign up for this one, four drafts should be enough to keep me busy! I'm just wondering how cruel I could be.

Edited by Dokutayuu

Shin signed up an hour before you did, mate. :p

Oshit. D:

Domu, consider this a repayment.

He can take my place. xP

Thanks.

Edited by Lorddomu

OK, Random.org says

1. Cobalt

2. Lorddomu

3. Dokutayuu

4. Dr. Will

So Cobalt, you're drafting for Dr. Will first.

Cobalt, you best be making a good first impression, since I can do a lot of damage to your team before you get another chance... :lol:

Here's a hint. Don't look if you're not Cobalt.

Changed my mind. Choose who you think is the best.

Edited by Dr. Will

Doku may pick whichever char he wants, killing ourselves in the start will make it hard to surpass the other two if they get to colaborate with eachother. But make sure you give me Ayra! XD

I think you need to pick for me first. We'll see how things go, give me Brigid and I shall... well, ask Integrity and second pronoun about their experiences!