Hacking Japanese FE7?

TheoryDS

I've been searching around the internet for a while, and came up with practically nothing.

Is there anything like Feditor Adv or any other similar programs I could use to open and delve into Rekka No Ken?

FEditor only seems to support the English versions. One of the main reasons I want to do this is so that I could extract Lyn's Durandal animation and put it into my hack. But I also want to check for some of the differences between the English and Jap versions so I could make changes to mine accordingly.

If anyone could provide me with some help or insight on this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Lyn's durandal animation has been ripped somewhere somehow. Try the search function for some help on that (or just wait for someone to have a link to the topic covering it...).

FEditor Adv does only support English versions since that's mainly what's hacked and there aren't any programs *I* personally know of to hack the Japanese ones but you could try looking up Japanese FE sites to see if they know something since they have to have some way of hacking the japanese FE games as well...

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

I was afraid you'd say that.

I really liked being able to dump and insert animations through FEditor mainly because it is so easy and convenient to do. The complete animation package is all there just waiting to be put in.

That being said, I do however have a small grasp of doing it the longer way as I saw in your tutorial. I'm got somewhat lost in the scripting part of the animation. I guess I'll try to spend more time figuring it out.

Thanks for the reply!

The animations have been ripped several times, though what the people did with the animations is another question. Some of them will hoard it for themselves thinking it will make their hacks special. Unfortunately, this hoarding means that you don't have the ease of using a pre-compiled rip.

There may be some nightmare modules created for the Japanese version of FE7. You can also just look in the game manually for what you want to edit/observe. In the FE niche, the interest was never geared towards understanding what you were doing, but more catering to just making edits easy. This can cripple people when it comes to find data that's not natively supported, because the (very basic) experience (of locating data) has never been part of the learning process.

If it's just editing stats, all you need is a hex editor, nothing fancy. Just do the same exact thing the program and nightmare modules do: go to the relevant offsets of data, and change it around.

I was afraid you'd say that.

I really liked being able to dump and insert animations through FEditor mainly because it is so easy and convenient to do. The complete animation package is all there just waiting to be put in.

Dude, there's a topic called 'FEditor animations'. The Durandal Lyn animation should be there, ready to be compiled.

EDIT: Guess not, but ta-da!

Edited by Kam

Option 1: Manually hack it from the FE7 ROM (the hard way to import animations before FEditor.)

Option 2: Use CAM's link/the package:

As you can see, it has a certain issue, because it's using a Normal hit before a critical.

Original packages (with that issue): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5490460/Animation%20Packages/FE%207%20Beta%20Animations.7z

Fixed: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5490460/Animation%20Packages/Lyn%20Durandal%20%28Fix%20for%20FE7%29.zip

While I'm at it, might as well add Eirika's:

Original: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5490460/Animation%20Packages/FE%208%20Beta%20Animations.7z

Fixed: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5490460/Animation%20Packages/Eirika%20Beta%20Lord%20-%20Crit%20Sound%20Fix.zip

Edited by shadowofchaos

Thanks for the replies you guys. They were all very helpful.

Btw have any of you played fe7_if? There's this ephraim resprite where he's wielding a double edged spear that looks pretty cool.

Do you know if that was an original creation by them or was it stolen from one of these communities like some of their other sprites? If so, who would I have to contact to get those animations and permission from?

Thanks for the replies you guys. They were all very helpful.

Btw have any of you played fe7_if? There's this ephraim resprite where he's wielding a double edged spear that looks pretty cool.

Do you know if that was an original creation by them or was it stolen from one of these communities like some of their other sprites? If so, who would I have to contact to get those animations and permission from?

That animation is basically how we edited animations back in the day, it was editing the graphics in the ROM.

It's basically how Mageknight404 made Linoan's animation way back when.

Technically, you SHOULD get in contact with them to use it. However, if someone had been able to, we would have thrown the sprite theft accusations for mugs their way already.