FEditor Animation error

TheoryDS

Going through an older hack that I had made before taking a 2 year hiatus, I had found a little animation that I had made before.

Sadly, this is the only evidence of the animation that I have.

I do not have the sheet anymore and for some reason I cannot open up the Class Animation Manager for it in FEditor.

So a work around that I figured I'd try was to find the sheets itself through GBAGE. I was able to find it, and then I used a random Palette offset until I found one that looked somewhat decent (since I don't remember what palette I had originally used).

Then, I would save the sheets as a .PNG format. I would check with Usenti to make sure the sheets each had the same 16 colors.

The animation itself is a resprite of the female sage, so I figured I'd dump the female sage animation from FEditor and then replace those sheets with my own custom sheets.

When I tried to import the animation, it gives me the error :

PCA: Stream Error in File Constructor image has more than 16 colours!

What can I do to fix this?

Edit: For some reason, when I go to Usenti, it shows 16 colors, but when I requantize the palette to 16, the palette colors get moved around a bit.

Sorry... I'm not following you...

I've gotten by so far using noob-friendly programs.

When you said put it in manually, did you mean the one in Blazer's Tutorial - Putting it in frame by frame and making a script?

That wouldn't be possible since the files for my animation are long since gone. I only have what I pulled out of GBAGE to work with (which is already in the sheet format that shows up in FEditor. I do not have the individual frames.

Darn... that sucks. Well thanks for the help anyway!

Btw, I downloaded ephraim's battle sheet, and made some adjustments so that it looks like he's wielding a double edged spear. I don't fully understand the scripting part of the animation to do it manually. Would anyone happen to have a working template script of Ephraim?

I tried downloading Boney's Halberdier animation package as well, but the link was broken. :(

Edit: would it be possible to just dump ephraim's animation, edit the sheets accordingly, and then reinsert them through FEditor without running into this problem?

Edited by TheoryDS

I didn't say jack fuck about inserting the animation. I was talking about fixing the CAM. Did you even read my post? I know Sauce didn't.

RE: "Noob friendly" - memory management is a fucking dick. Attempting to improve upon it broke some things (apparently). Ignoring it would mean all sorts of undetectable prablems.

Edited by Obviam

I totally flipped out for a second.

Don't worry, Kam, we all know you're utterly unfixable. :3:

Seriously though. Uhh... send me a patch and I can *try* to figure out wtf happened. No guarantee that it's possible to fix things even if I do figure that out, though.

Edited by zahlman