So, FE4.

Integrity

The only thing I see changing about fathers randomization is nobody will be able to plan for Levin/Tiltyu. It'll still happen about 1/4 of the time, though.

The only thing I see changing about fathers randomization is nobody will be able to plan for Levin/Tiltyu. It'll still happen about 1/4 of the time, though.

So you want to totally eliminate Levin Tiltyu? That doesn't really seem fair.

That was the original point of this thread, my dear boy. Whether I still hold to the point or not (frankly, I'm beginning to think levin!arthur is overrated. you'd know that if you read), I CREATED the thread as a suggestion to both make FE4 drafts clean and eliminate Levin/Tiltyu.

EDIT: Plus, what exactly would be the point of re-randomizing for the scrubs draft if not to prevent this? If not preventing (insert pairing), there's literally nothing gained from it.

Edited by Integrity

You could attempt a draft where you draft subs first, and then mothers and Gen 1. That would enable less chance of someone with over powered people like Shanan and Aless not to get someone like Levin Tiltyu.

You could make it draft normal snake style, and once Gen 2 is over, do 12344321 for mothers, then draft fathers normally. That would sort of give 1 and 2 better Gen 2 people, in order to lessen LevinArthur's impact.

Your first point is shot down by the fact that neither Shanan nor Ares is actually overpowered in a draft. Good drafts, sure, but neither is overpowered.

The problem with both is that drafting subs and then mothers is utterly asinine. Say I'm first place and I draft Janne because Janne is a grud unit and I like her. On the flipside of things, Second Place (we're pretending it's Second Pronoun) is a jerk and decides to grab Briggid. Now I'm forced into grabbing Lachesis for my second mother and I invalidated my Janne draft. How is this a good thing when making Assholio free for everybody after he isn't drafted isn't because it "leaves somebody with one less unit"?

Edited by Integrity

Levin!Arthur shaves ...nothing in C6, he can wipe everything ever in C7 (but so can Julia, I suppose [bracketed question: with holsety!arthur it would probably be feasible to skip resire and save a few in c6?]), then he gets his horse. Since Celice has the Leg Ring he'll shave nothing in C8 except effort (he'll wipe shit to get people to the children faster). He'll be a failsafe in C9 (again, so can Julia or Leaf or Fee or Sety or Hawk or). C10 is probably the first time he really saves since he can wipe the road to the castle before Chalphy (stopping at ishtar? possibly), and wipe around Chalphy, on his own. Ahead of everybody else. That probably accounts for ...two turns, since Celice can move his full all told. F he'll wipe the Dozel squad, saving at least a turn for Celice (sety can do that, though and maybe even lex!arthur?), and then can wipe Ishtar's team and the Dark Knights while Celice is saving Julia (I'm still undecided on whether it's quicker to free Julia or try to tank Julius down with Celice. I suspect it depends on a whole lot of things).

So really, Arthur's contribution to turncounts is fairly redundant now that I think about it. On the other hand, drafting him means you can essentially ignore ALL Gen 2 units except utility (Laylea, one Restorer just in case) and focus on building a winful Gen 1 team.

Fuck, dude, really? Reading isn't just for squares.

And Levin/Tiltyu takes the same government-mandated 47.5 turns that all of Tiltyu's non-Fin pairings take.

The point I was trying to make was that Levin!Arthur really doesn't make up for the turns that LevinxTiltyu take. Especially since you also need Holsety, which is another turn. He's very overrated.

Azel is faster than all non-Fin pairings as well because conversation.

True, that does save a good number of turns, 12 in fact. However, let's do some numbers on LevinxTiltyu

Let's assume some good turncounts for chapters 3, 4 and 5. How about 17, 24 and 18. Levin and Tiltyu don't get any time next to each other but they get 5 turns of being on the map. That grants them 15 points. Putting their 120 up to 135.

How about we stick them together for chapter 4? This makes Levin sad but who cares! 24x8= 192 so they have 327 points. Now, things get yucky here. Those 18 turns grant them 144 points. However, that only puts them at 471 points. They then require an extra 4 turns together. That's assuming they get lots of time together, but it also assumes some pretty decent turn counts.

True, that does save a good number of turns, 12 in fact. However, let's do some numbers on LevinxTiltyu

Let's assume some good turncounts for chapters 3, 4 and 5. How about 17, 24 and 18. Levin and Tiltyu don't get any time next to each other but they get 5 turns of being on the map. That grants them 15 points. Putting their 120 up to 135.

What exactly does "being on the map" entail? I always assumed it meant they were both deployed.

Edited by Baldrick

So, shouldn't Levin and Tiltyu gain 3 love points per turn automatically?

They do. They get 5 for being next to each other but they get another 3 just for existing.

They do. They get 5 for being next to each other but they get another 3 just for existing.

So, 135 should be 246, or more depending on how long it takes between Silvail and Orgahil.

So, 135 should be 246, or more depending on how long it takes between Silvail and Orgahil.

Horace has managed to it off in around 5 turns or so. Tiltyu and Levin are not going to get near each other in that time. Even without Dancing and Warping, it's very much doable in 8 turns. Even then it's unlikely they'll meet.

That 135 is their base 120 + 3 times the number of turns. Which on a quick run can be as little as 5. Not 246 :P.

EDIT: Your edit was before my edit!

Edited by Dokutayuu

That 135 is their base 120 + 3 times the number of turns. Which on a quick run can be as little as 5. Not 246 :P.

EDIT: Your edit was before my edit!

Yeah, for some reason I read 24x8 as 24x5. Which is why you always read things carefully before you try and dispute them.