Elibe 980-1000

deranger

I thought Pent retired and went to his studies. He may command respect, but probably not that much influence anymore since he basically just does research all day and severed himself from politics.

Lucius is probably that bishop in Araphen in that one cutscene, but man he isn't pretty so IDK. Perhaps he just didn't age well? Harken and Isa, though, I would've liked to see them mentioned at least.

FE6 was written before FE7, so it would hardly make sense for them to write in references to characters they haven't created yet.

• 2 weeks later...

The easiest way to answer all of this is to beg IS for an FE7+6 remake. They could pull an FE4 and do a generations thing (Roy's base stats are such and such because his mom was an ice dragon, for example), and maybe finally include the FE7 cast in FE6 lore (as in Sue actually mentions Rath).

Edit: Oh yeah, and the FE6 cast can finally blink.

If they do that, there also had better be more characters and support options included. Like for instance, Rath actually having another female support option to explain Sue's appearance in FE6.

Is there concrete evidence of this or is it just logical?

Well, it's logical to assume that he's dead, at least. Sue never mentions either of her parents, and neither Dayan nor Shin mention them either. So that leads me to assume that both Rath and whoever he married are dead ... perhaps long before the war with Bern ever started. Or maybe they died in front of Sue. Because looking at the FE6 translation, when Sue talks to Shin to recruit him, she asks about her grandfather but not her parents. Why would she not ask about her parents? If they'd died either before Bern invaded Sacae or in front of Sue during the invasion, then of course she wouldn't ask about them. So ... I think the mere fact that they're never mentioned means that they aren't alive. I actually think that they died way before FE6 started, which is why they're never mentioned. At all. Under any circumstances.

If they do that, there also had better be more characters and support options included. Like for instance, Rath actually having another female support option to explain Sue's appearance in FE6.

Mothers of playable characters are not always characters. In fact, they're rarely characters. So, if Lyn isn't Sue's mother, a random sacaen chick most likely is. Or Rath has a sibling, and Rath's only an uncle

I highly doubt Rath had a sibling. FE7 starred Eliwood and Hector, who are the fathers of Roy and Lilina, respectively, and also had Pent, Louise, Nino, and Rebecca - who either are or are implied to be the parents of Klein and Clarine, Lugh and Ray, and Wolt. I don't see why they'd make Rath only an uncle to Sue if all the other characters were the fathers or mothers of existing FE6 characters.

Plus, assuming that Sue is between 14-16 in FE6, if Rath really did have a sibling, then that sibling would have to be very close in age to him, since Rath would've been anywhere between 22-24 when Sue was born. He can't have an older sibling, otherwise that sibling would've been sent out to "stop the burning," not him.

Yes, I read into this way too much, I know, but I just pick up on stuff like that and run with it. :P

I don't see why they'd make Rath only an uncle to Sue if all the other characters were the fathers or mothers of existing FE6 characters.

Plus, assuming that Sue is between 14-16 in FE6, if Rath really did have a sibling, then that sibling would have to be very close in age to him, since Rath would've been anywhere between 22-24 when Sue was born. He can't have an older sibling, otherwise that sibling would've been sent out to "stop the burning," not him.

Canas is Nino's uncle.

The seer or elder or whatever of the Kutolah could have had that fortune made for Rath specifically, not the first born of Dayan.

So basically I don't think your counterpoints to my half joking proposition are legitimate.

Canas may be Nino's uncle, but Canas is also the father and son of Hugh and Niime. He already existed, if not by name, then in passing mention. Plus, Nino is heavily implied to be the mother of Lugh and Ray, existing characters, already. That Canas may be Nino's uncle (it's implied, but not ever explicitly stated) is probably a bonus for two characters who were given life in FE7. In other words, Canas and Nino, before being possibly uncle and niece, were the father/son of Hugh/Niime and mother of Lugh and Ray.

Also, in Rath and Lyn's A-support, Rath says that "as the chieftain's son, I had to leave to prevent disaster." It sounds to me that he was the one who left because he was the chieftain's son. It's true that the diviner apparently also said that he was "born into the world to stop the burning," but his "as the chieftain's son" part makes me think that it was probably that reason why he left.

Point being? Nino and Canas are not exactly existing characters in FE6, although they still existed by virtue of being related to FE6 characters. Meaning, we assume that Rebecca is Wolt's mother, not aunt. We assume that Nino is the mother of the mage twins, not just some random relation. I just can't see why, using the same logic with Wolt and the twins' parentage, we would assume that Rath is merely an uncle to Sue instead of her father. I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm just trying to make sense of things as much as I can.

You're right when you say that it's not impossible that he isn't Sue's father, I'm just saying that I can't see a plausible reason why IS would do such a thing. Especially since we know nothing about Sue's parents. If they were mentioned, even in the slightest bit, then Rath being an uncle would be more plausible to me. Just the fact that there's nothing about Sue's parents in FE6 at all makes me think that Rath is IS' way of filling in that gap.

Didn't Bern massacre a whole bunch of Sacaeans? I thought I read that Rutger was only spared because he was half-Bernese (Bernian? Swiss?), half-Sacaean, and he looked more Bernese than Sacaean.

That was Bulgar if I'm not mistaken, but usually when a country is invaded, its people die.

• 7 months later...

When you look at the growths of the characters you can see its kind off FE4 style.

Sue has shitty strenght due to Lyn.

Lugh and Ray are pretty good units due to Nino.

Now imagine Raven being Wolts father.

just sayin...

• 2 weeks later...

When you look at the growths of the characters you can see its kind off FE4 style.

just sayin...

And Lilina has impressive magic growth because of...?

just sayin...

If anything, the characters' stats in FE7 were made to resemble their children, not the other way around.

Edited by Charlie