Question About This Card's Effect

Flying Shogi

Since no one has posted in the YGO thread in a while, It's unlikely I'll get a response there so I created this one.

It says that you can send one equip card from Dragunity Knight - Vajrayana to the graveyard to double its attack once per turn. I remember trying to activate its effect on my opponent's turn but no message showed up in my game that asked me if I wanted to activate its effect. Either I remembered it wrong or this card doesn't work the way I thought it was going to work. I read the card rulings on Yugioh.wikia but they didn't say anything about what I was looking for.

So can anyone offer an explanation?

Edited by UberLughFTW

From what I remember playing, monster effects like this are usually only doable during Main Phases of the user so it's "Once per turn" during YOUR turn. Activating stuff during the opponent's turn is usually reserved for any Trap and Quick-Play Magic Cards unless otherwise noted in the cards.

Look up "Yu-gi-oh Spell Speed" for details on when you can activate what card in general.

Edited by Sirius