Sacred Stones coming to 3DS ambassador program

Klytus

This was probably the best option. The game's pretty perfect to get new players to the series.

And that's why tutorials exist, man.

It's not a matter of knowing what to do, it's how you do it. FE has never given a tutorial that prepares you for the later chapters in these games, but it damn well makes sure you know the A button selects things.

Am I one of the only few people on here who actually enjoys the tutorial in FE7?

Yes. I play it for level-ups. But oh god is it boring after beating it so many times. I'm only sick and tired of the first 15 chapters of the games. The rest are still cool.

Am I one of the only few people on here who actually enjoys the tutorial in FE7?

Yes. There's a way to fluidly adjust a player into a new experience with minimal amounts of handholding. Fire Emblem (7)'s tutorial is not one of them.

I enjoy it. I play in Hard Mode so I'm not help up.

Um, I'm not really sure what you mean by this. Are you saying you enjoy LHM? Because upon starting FE7, you only have access to one difficulty: Normal Mode, which does force a tutorial onto you. I wouldn't really mind if you could start off on HM which doesn't engage in the same hand-holding than NM does.

Um, I'm not really sure what you mean by this. Are you saying you enjoy LHM? Because upon starting FE7, you only have access to one difficulty: Normal Mode, which does force a tutorial onto you. I wouldn't really mind if you could start off on HM which doesn't engage in the same hand-holding than NM does.

A one-time slap is hardly a complaint :[ Unless for some reason you're stuck always on the one-time part.

And luckily, you can rush through the prompts pretty easily too, even if you are. While arguably annoying, they're not as crippling to the gameplay as it's supposed. In the few instances the game forces a certain action out of you, it hardly goes awry.

I dunno why you'd bash fe8 for coming on 3DS- if we're worried about difficulty, they can just introduce a nice hard mode like what they did in 11 and 12.

Now fe8 was my first game and I'm bored of it, but a nice remixing of its soundtrack and probably more story depth/sidequesrs would probably get me back to the land of Magvel.

They only added in the tutorial in FE7 because it's the first time FE had been released outside of Japan. Unless you're Japanese or imported the games from Japan I doubt you knew how to play.

I agree that LNM is a bother. However, hard mode is alright. You get to level characters, two stat boosters, and if you want to abuse bosses for xp you can promote a knight or social knight into a paladin or general at lv 20.

I agree that LNM is a bother. However, hard mode is alright. You get to level characters, two stat boosters, and if you want to abuse bosses for xp you can promote a knight or social knight into a paladin or general at lv 20.

That makes the mode all right? Nevermind how boring it is?

I dunno why you'd bash fe8 for coming on 3DS- if we're worried about difficulty, they can just introduce a nice hard mode like what they did in 11 and 12.

Now fe8 was my first game and I'm bored of it, but a nice remixing of its soundtrack and probably more story depth/sidequesrs would probably get me back to the land of Magvel.

You do know that these are direct ports, right? Not remakes? Not enhanced versions?