I have a question reguarding growth point calculations in Fixed Mode

Does my unit gain/lose certain growth points through each battle of a certain enemy type, or only after they've killed said enemy?

If the former is the answer, does my unit gain no stat gains if any of those growth points haven't hit 100?

I want to get some units to cap stats that they wouldn't naturally cap through averages. Is it possible to get them to cap the sats without needing statboosters?

Edited by Jigglypuff

As far as I know, characters always gain/lose growth points when battling, wether the enemy is killed or not. I'm not sure about this.

You won't get any stat gains when growth points havn't hit 100. But growth points that are not used, aren't lost. So if you have a growth rate of 50%, and you have 60 growth points on level up, your stat won't raise. But in the next level up, you have 60 + 50 (+ growth points from battle) = 110 + ... growth points, so you stat will rise by one in this example.

This way, it is possible to let characters cap a specific stat, however, it's really a lot of work. If you do a playtrough without abusing in fixed mode, your units won't suck, but they won't be exceptional good either. The chance of the character capping their 'weaker' stats, is nearly nihil. So yes, it is possible, but it would require lots, lots of abuse.

Edited by Arondight

The way that it works is that when you gain experience, the character gains (growth rate*experience gain)/100 growth points. So say a character with 40% growth rate, using a +5% weapon and fighting a +5% enemy gains 40 exp. They'd get 50*40/100=20 growth points.

The game stores growth points as an integer, btw. So if a 45% growth character gains 1 EXP, they get 0.45, which is rounded down to zero. But if they have a 50 or 55% growth, it's rounded up to 1.

At least, I think it works that way. It certainly works that way for BEXP.

Well in fixed mode i found something odd. We all know the bonus exp cheat. But i would give my character 1 bonus exp at a time in fixed mode and they usually always capped in the area they need to be good at.

The way that it works is that when you gain experience, the character gains (growth rate*experience gain)/100 growth points. So say a character with 40% growth rate, using a +5% weapon and fighting a +5% enemy gains 40 exp. They'd get 50*40/100=20 growth points.

The game stores growth points as an integer, btw. So if a 45% growth character gains 1 EXP, they get 0.45, which is rounded down to zero. But if they have a 50 or 55% growth, it's rounded up to 1.

At least, I think it works that way. It certainly works that way for BEXP.

Yep, that's always the way it works. Basically, Titania with a Steel Axe will proc a ton of Strength. Edited by Mercenary Raven