The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Thanks, it can be a bit weird to talk about, but it's nice to be able to go to someone to talk about it.

YA

uhhh would you happen to know if it'd be safe for a type 1 diabetic to get an IUD?? I have to be careful about hormonal things because I heard it can do weird stuff to your blood sugar but I see mixed reviews and experiences, I heard theres a non-hormonal copper type and I'm just kinda torn on what to get ;_;

• Replies 180.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

YA

uhhh would you happen to know if it'd be safe for a type 1 diabetic to get an IUD?? I have to be careful about hormonal things because I heard it can do weird stuff to your blood sugar but I see mixed reviews and experiences, I heard theres a non-hormonal copper type and I'm just kinda torn on what to get ;_;

I hate to cop out here, but giving out advice as a medical professional would be unethical for me here, since we don't have a doctor-patient relationship. I love to give out general advice as just a 30 year old, but medically specific questions like that, you should ask your primary care doctor, OB-Gyn, or endocrinologist. I would love to give you a more satisfying answer than that, but without knowing your complete medical history, it would be irresponsible of me to use my position to prescribe a course of treatment. Sorry, I wish I could be more helpful, I know it can be a tough subject to bring up.

Birth control with co-morbidities like DM can be a complex thing, and your doctor will want to monitor any form of birth control your using to make sure it's the right one for you. I would recommend always using condoms in addition to whatever other form of birth control you're using, since even with one form of birth control, none has a 100% success rate.

Edited by Rezzy

I hate to cop out here, but giving out advice as a medical professional would be unethical for me here, since we don't have a doctor-patient relationship. I love to give out general advice as just a 30 year old, but medically specific questions like that, you should ask your primary care doctor, OB-Gyn, or endocrinologist. I would love to give you a more satisfying answer than that, but without knowing your complete medical history, it would be irresponsible of me to use my position to prescribe a course of treatment. Sorry, I wish I could be more helpful, I know it can be a tough subject to bring up.

oh shit I didn't even think to see it that way AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

my apologies

Obgyn didn't help much because I was just given a list of different options, and both my endo and primary are men so that makes things harder on me. I could try asking for advice from people with similar backgrounds but one of the most inconvenient thing about treatments is that no body is going to react the same as another's. I'll think about what to do some more, I still appreciate it!

oh shit I didn't even think to see it that way AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

my apologies

Obgyn didn't help much because I was just given a list of different options, and both my endo and primary are men so that makes things harder on me. I could try asking for advice from people with similar backgrounds but one of the most inconvenient thing about treatments is that no body is going to react the same as another's. I'll think about what to do some more, I still appreciate it!

No worries, it can be a gray area, but I think that would be pushing my ethical boundaries. Like I said, I don't mind giving out general advice or medical advice that is a good idea for everyone, but will stop short of giving specific recommendations to specific patients. Or rather, I must remember to do no harm, or even possible harm, and when you get into medication recommendations, you want the prescribing physician to be one who can monitor the patient, which would be impossible in this case.

If your OB-Gyn gave you a list of options, I would pick one of those and see how it works for you. Just make sure to keep an eye on your blood sugar and any other symptoms that may arise. Even without IDDM as a complicating factor, it can be complex picking the best birth control method.

rezzy why does my hand get red bumps on it during the winter??

Is it dry and cracked? There's less moisture in the air, so it's easy for the skin to get dry. Have you tried moisturizing lotion?

dry skin sux, though nowadays its mostly my nostrils and lips that suffer

No worries, it can be a gray area, but I think that would be pushing my ethical boundaries. Like I said, I don't mind giving out general advice or medical advice that is a good idea for everyone, but will stop short of giving specific recommendations to specific patients. Or rather, I must remember to do no harm, or even possible harm, and when you get into medication recommendations, you want the prescribing physician to be one who can monitor the patient, which would be impossible in this case.

If your OB-Gyn gave you a list of options, I would pick one of those and see how it works for you. Just make sure to keep an eye on your blood sugar and any other symptoms that may arise. Even without IDDM as a complicating factor, it can be complex picking the best birth control method.

That makes perfect sense, its a good code to go by.

The good news is that I already have some kind of idea I want, which is something that can last years. I'm not actually in a situation where I can be active at the moment, but what with the possible ACA repeal shitstorm and the future looking uncertain I figured it'd be best to prepare ahead of time.

it's probably just winter being winter =(

it doesn't get cracked i just get bumps..... which are annoying

It could possibly be eczema.

I've noticed Fleece has a habit of picking avatars that look like her in real life.

but I'm not blonde or blue eyed

I'm going to take it as a compliment anyways, thanks!!

do my avatars look like me irl!?

Chen can look like anything, so yes