• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

No it doesn't. What FE game FORCED you to sacrifice a unit in order to move on? Granted I don't know how the original game played it out, but that was one of the main reasons I hate FE11.

Also, I think that what you had to do to access the gaidens was just awful.

Ah, I see. Have some fun!

Thanks for being the only one who cares. :D

Of course.

...You know, if you can even call it that.

Everybody's invited!

Casual LTC? Bleh. I'll check it in a bit.

I thought it was a gift :< This is worst than a credit card company :<<

Okay, okay, it's free.

No it doesn't. What FE game FORCED you to sacrifice a unit in order to move on? Granted I don't know how the original game played it out, but that was one of the main reasons I hate FE11. My other reasons are that I...hate Marth with a passion. Don't even try to bring in Chrom because he's not my husbando anymore.

What's wrong with sacrificing units? I think the mechanic is pretty interesting, and added something new to the table.

Marth is cool.

No it doesn't. What FE game FORCED you to sacrifice a unit in order to move on? Granted I don't know how the original game played it out, but that was one of the main reasons I hate FE11.

Also, I think that what you had to do to access the gaidens was just awful.

I agree that the gaidens were bullsh*t, but I actually did like the sacrifice scene in the prologue.

The gaidens are optional anyway.

Thanks for being the only one who cares. :D

No problem.

What's wrong with sacrificing units? I think the mechanic is pretty interesting, and added something new to the table.

A good number of FE fans still don't like the idea of having their characters killed off.

What's this gaiden business. I haven't played much of the Japan-exclusive games. :V

May I ask why?

He's like, one of the least hate-able characters.

I don't even remember now. \o/ Okay, so maybe I don't hate him as much now than being neutral.

Marth is cool.

It's more of a personal thing than anything... I'm not saying that's why Ein or other people hate it. I personally hate sacrificing any units for any reason, even if I hate them. It's like... you're sending someone to their death... even though that is pretty much what you are doing in FE11. And it makes me feel SO bad even if they are merely pixels and shit. Maybe it did add something new, but eh, I'm not one who's keen on change in the first place even for non-game situations.

Plus, if I didn't feel anything to killing off characters especially those I hate, I would have killed Lissa and Maribelle off the moment they showed their faces in the game.

And Marth is another personal thing that everyone can ignore now because I'm mostly neutral to him. And it's kinda ironic because it's sort of because of Marth that I started playing FE.

Edited by Shirley

What. You need to pick one unit to use a decoy and leave them to die in order to move on in a certain chapter in FE11. I guess prologue? I only bought and played FE11 just because it was FE.

Time to start a new FE13 file and kill off the characters I hate in a classic play.

wait what I just noticed Ice Sage is in NY. :V

Edited by Shirley

What's this gaiden business. I haven't played much of the Japan-exclusive games. :V

I don't even remember now. \o/ Okay, so maybe I don't hate him as much now than being neutral.

It's more of a personal thing than anything... I'm not saying that's why Ein or other people hate it. I personally hate sacrificing any units for any reason, even if I hate them. It's like... you're sending someone to their death... even though that is pretty much what you are doing in FE11. And it makes me feel SO bad even if they are merely pixels and shit. Maybe it did add something new, but eh, I'm not one who's keen on change in the first place even for non-game situations.

Plus, if I didn't feel anything to killing off characters especially those I hate, I would have killed Lissa and Maribelle off the moment they showed their faces in the game.

And Marth is another personal thing that everyone can ignore now because I'm mostly neutral to him. And it's kinda ironic because it's sort of because of Marth that I started playing FE.

The gaidens are the side chapters(e.g. ch. 6x) that require you to have a limited amount of units to access.(which is bullsh*t)

Like I said before, I like that prologue scene. It comes as both a shock to Marth and the player(Marth's reaction to the plan is pretty much what most players would've thought at the moment), and I really like how they address that sometimes sacrifices need to be made. In every other FE, it was like, "People die in war? Nope, only the bad guys. *reset*"

....Then FE12 comes along and it turns out he survived and somehow escaped, which I call bullsh*t on.

....Then FE12 comes along and it turns out he survived and somehow escaped, which I call bullsh*t on.

Actually, he didn't escaped. He was injured and left to die, but since of course you're not really told how much injured he was (other than it cuased some temporary memory-loss), it still leaves a reasonable chance of survival.

Same here bro :(

fe11? its ok i guess

the only fe's i still bother to even play are fe5 and fe13

The only FEs I play these days are FE7 and FE13. Maybe some FE4 on the side.

The gaidens are the side chapters(e.g. ch. 6x) that require you to have a limited amount of units to access.(which is bullsh*t)

Like I said before, I like that prologue scene. It comes as both a shock to Marth and the player(Marth's reaction to the plan is pretty much what most players would've thought at the moment), and I really like how they address that sometimes sacrifices need to be made. In every other FE, it was like, "People die in war? Nope, only the bad guys. *reset*"

Oh right. I was sort of thinking of FE2.

You bring a good point there, sure, but I'm just sort of stubborn to change and stuff. so I guess I'll hate the game mostly for that and just I hated Marth a lot more back then. Was this sacrifice in the original game?

wait what Acacia. >_>; EMMERYN.

Edited by Shirley

You bring a good point there, sure, but I'm just sort of stubborn to change and stuff. so I guess I'll hate the game mostly for that and just I hated Marth a lot more back then. Was this sacrifice in the original game?

Nope. Also, the prologue is skipped on anything above normal mode.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Actually, he didn't escaped. He was injured and left to die, but since of course you're not really told how much injured he was (other than it cuased some temporary memory-loss), it still leaves a reasonable chance of survival.

I see...

But now I call bullsh*t on the fact they left him behind instead of killing him or taking him as a prisoner.

@Shirley:

The entire prologue was new to the remake.

Edited by David the SecondWorld

Time to start a new FE13 file and kill off the characters I hate in a classic play.

wait what I just noticed Ice Sage is in NY. :V

lol

You live in NY too?

The only FEs I play these days are FE7 and FE13. Maybe some FE4 on the side.

ah, fe7. i remember getting good hectors

lyn was always horrible for me lol

remember 6 str lyn at level 17?

Oh right. I sort of thinking of FE2.

The prologues weren't in the original game, so no. Or at least, in the sense that "Since you didn't saw this, so long it doesn't conflict with already established events, there is no harm in expanding upon stuff" kind of way.