• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm playing Link's Awakening Deluxe. I'm already at the second dungeon right after I beat the first, iunno if I should do it now or hang out with BowWow the Chain-Chomp and look for bombs. When do I get bombs. I can't tell if Marin likes me or the Ballad of the Wind Fish more, iunno guys.

So I'm playing Link's Awakening Deluxe. I'm already at the second dungeon right after I beat the first, iunno if I should do it now or hang out with BowWow the Chain-Chomp and look for bombs. When do I get bombs. I can't tell if Marin likes me or the Ballad of the Wind Fish more, iunno guys.

I think you'll have to buy some to get them.

I'm just wondering here. Isn't LoZ supposed to be in Medieval Times or something? Wouldn't having bombs mean Hyrule is past that point in time or...?

I'm just wondering here. Isn't LoZ supposed to be in Medieval Times or something? Wouldn't having bombs mean Hyrule is past that point in time or...?

It's a fantasy setting. Even if it parallels a real world era, it's not bound 100% on it. Also, gunpowder was first used during those times anyway. Not as a weapon, though eventually it did by the late Middle Ages.

Also some games hand-wave it anyway with those so called Bomb Flowers. Basically flowers that explode, taking a page of the eucalyptus.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Crizix, you're implying you've never played Zelda, so I'm questioning why you're not playing one right away after making that statement instead of questioning things.

I have played a few Zelda games (Minish Cap was my first). I was just...wondering about it. ^^;

That makes sense, Acacia Sgt. I just hope there won't be any gunpowder-based weaponry in FE. O.O

If I remember correctly, the only gunpowder related thing in FE has been the Mine, from Blazing Sword. However, even that is debatable since it could be just a sudden burst of fire magic.

Other than that, FE is already at an age that you would expect at least cannons and stuff. Though standard firearms I don't really see them, if only due to game-play balancing... or just plain won't for any other reason... who knows...

yeah acacia, it was a burst of magic. in FE7, the first mine you can get is from an old witch in a village who made it herself and says something like that.

Oh right, forgot about that convo... then yeah, no gunpowder so far in FE apparently... unless fireworks have been seen or known anywhere... probably the Outrealms, considering the Otherwordly Resort...