The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Grrr... Chrom only has Sumia or FeMU as candidates for waifu. Everyone else is better off with someone else. *irritated*

I really can't go into much detail without spoiling much... unless you want only the game-play stuff with minimal plot stuff. I think I can manage that.

Yeah. And the irony, is that Edward himself doesn't quite enjoy his upgraded abilities to the fullest. Again, spoilers.

Ah yes, it was called Heal in the GBA version. But yeah, Heal/Salve is also better in the DS version.

Mmmm, perhaps gameplay stuff only then if you can manage without spoiling anything plot-related.

Huh? ...I see... So I guess he...gets upgraded? >_> I spoiled myself a bit about Rydia to be honest, so... but I don't wanna know when it happens...

Yes, I thought so... Well still, reading that DS version has spiked difficulty made me turn a blind eye to the DS version. Though I'm surprised I'm still playing this one because the battle is kind of real-time... not like the usual turn based, etc.

• Replies 180.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

*high fives Jprebs* As much as I like Chrom/Maribelle, Brady and Lucina make a better pairing than they do siblings.

I'm gonna grind, dude. :P

Still, blowing Chrom's S support on someone who's likely to scream "burden" (and make his daughter a burden as well) is most definitely a big Awakening no-no in the Levantine book.

Mmmm, perhaps gameplay stuff only then if you can manage without spoiling anything plot-related.

Huh? ...I see... So I guess he...gets upgraded? >_> I spoiled myself a bit about Rydia to be honest, so... but I don't wanna know when it happens...

Yes, I thought so... Well still, reading that DS version has spiked difficulty made me turn a blind eye to the DS version. Though I'm surprised I'm still playing this one because the battle is kind of real-time... not like the usual turn based, etc.

[spoiler=Prepare for a long read]Okay, here's the thing. First, FFIV in all it's version has this gimmick in it's leveling up system. As you'll notice, it's straightforward, the stat gains are set in stone. But, this is only until level 70. Beyond, the stat gains are actually random. Each character has like 9 different combinations, and watch out, some of them, include negative stat changes. If you care that much, you can reset and reload whenever you have stat gains you don't like. The only one that is different is the DS version, where you can manipulate them more easily thanks to the Augment system, but this doesn't apply since you're playing the GBA version.

Edward, however, has the distinction of not having any negative gain in any of his combinations, and, a few in particular can make his Agility skyrocket, effectively making it very easy to reach the 99 cap.

Then, there are his endgame Harps. He has two, one obtainable before the final boss in a bonus dungeon, and another in a dungeon unlocked after beating the final boss. Both give him +15 Strength, Agility, and Spirit, and are effective against Dragons. But, the latter harp is also effective against Machines, Beasts, Ghouls, Giants, Mages, and Undeads. So it has quite the coverage.

Then there's his exclusive armor. Most is gained in the bonus dungeon before the Final Boss, but a few is also in the other bonus dungeon. There is an armlet that changes his Sing command to Chant, which give both Protect and Shell to all the party. He has two armors, one give him +15 Strength and Agility and Fire resistance, and the other gives +10 Strength, Stamina, and Agility, and resistance to Fire, Ice, Lightning, Dark, and Holy. And as for helms he has one that gives +10 Stamina and Fire resistance.

Now true, the other characters also get similar very powerful stuff, but the point is that Edward is salvageable and can turn into a decent fighter.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Dual Destinies is gonna be amazing.

Still, blowing Chrom's S support on someone who's likely to scream "burden" (and make his daughter a burden as well) is most definitely a big Awakening no-no in the Levantine book.

Lucina gets the best skillset, though.

And I'm GRINDING, so Lucina WON'T be a burden.

Lucina gets the best skillset, though.

And I'm GRINDING, so Lucina WON'T be a burden.

I'd actually agree there... if Vantage wasn't nerfed to the point of being Failtage, that is. As is, Swordfaire's all there is that's worth picking up... Bleck.