The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

wait Was grinding annoying in Gen 4?

I just rebattled those trainers before Volkner.

That's what I do too. I just miss the experience system from gen five is all.

Also, I never felt that the battles were slow in Pearl/Platinum/Heart Gold. I don't understand the complaint to be honest.

• Replies 180.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Gen 2 grinding was 1001 times worse.

Yeah.

Wouldn't like a game much that would have to take too much diligence to make a battle like Red's/Gabriel(SO2Unlimited) manageable.

What??

I never thought Gen 4 grinding was too bad.

At least Gen 5's is pleasant.

The stadium+Transfer to another game and repeat and unlimited Rare Candy Breeder trainers both male and female makes it all good.

That's what I do too. I just miss the experience system from gen five is all.

Also, I never felt that the battles were slow in Pearl/Platinum/Heart Gold. I don't understand the complaint to be honest.

Diamond and Pearl were really slow (especially coming off of Gen 3, *rage*). The other games were fine...

Strange. I remember having pretty much no issues at all. (Yes even on Whitney - I absolutely crapped on her somehow second try)

As for Red, there's so much available to train off of in terms of trainers that I had a decent amount of levels before facing him. Might have also fought the Elite Four again in the interim too for fun, but I don't remember.

I haven't played the original Gen 2 games, actually, but still... it's just tedious to a stupid extent.

sorry aya...i know you like hatari but...when i'm nice and friendly and someone ignores me, it really hurts my feelings. when i say something rude to someone i don't like and it makes them angry...it feels SO good. i love it. it turned my bad day into a good day ^_^

wilhelmina.png

Shhhh.

Everything's going to be alright. Never give up on yourself. Things aren't always going to go your way. Whenever there are problems...we fix them. Never give up...remember that! ^_~

But the levels there are in the late 30's, with the remakes having a few in the low 40's. That would still take some time depending on what you're grinding for.

Diamond and Pearl were really slow (especially coming off of Gen 3, *rage*). The other games were fine...

Yeah.

That is rather annoying. Fast message option helps a little.

Edited by 綾波

But the levels there are in the late 30's, with the remakes having a few in the low 40's. That would still take some time depending on what you're grinding for.

Well that's for if you're having trouble in Kanto for some reason ;3. Also it gives some variety if you don't wanna knock out the Elite Four...or to get money (I sucked at money management gg)

Yeah.

That is rather annoying. Fast message option helps a little.

I honestly should've turned off animations when I played it through (I always play with animations on).

Edited by Interest

Boney has a fetish for revenge apparently...

not exactly...being nice just makes me emotionally vulnerable, and being mean makes me emotionally indestructible(but everyone hates me when i am)

http://imageshack.us/a/img40/4168/wilhelmina.png

Shhhh.

Everything's going to be alright. Never give up on yourself. Things aren't always going to go your way. Whenever there are problems...we fix them. Never give up...remember that! ^_~

<3 <3 <3

I usually taught my Luxio/Luxray Thief and stole a few Lucky Eggs from Chanseys in Gen 4.

Never did run into a Chansey when I played Gen 4. I'm also generally skeptical about using TMs (at least prior to Gen 5 and Gen 2 is an exception after I found out about the cloning glitch)

Edited by Interest

I usually taught my Luxio/Luxray Thief and stole a few Lucky Eggs from Chanseys in Gen 4.

Wow... that's like only a 5% chance on a Pokemon that's rare to begin with.

I'm also generally skeptical about using TMs (at least prior to Gen 5 and Gen 2 is an exception after I found out about the cloning glitch)

Ditto.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Yep. With chaining. Though, it's a pain to do without it. But we do want that 50% increased EXP right when you enter Solean Town for the first time is when they become available. So, it has to be done. Always!

Wow... that's like only a 5% chance on a Pokemon that's rare to begin with.

Chain.

Edited by 綾波

27933629.jpg

Then again.

Compoundeyes that Yanma have that you can get one at the Safari also really helps up your chances to finding one.

You can't chain Chansey since they appear in tall grass.

The route below (south) of Solean Town have them too.

Edited by 綾波

Chaining looks frustrating lol. I've heard about it before but never tried it.

I've found a Shiny Geodude, Raltz(Thank god it was female), and Ditto by chaining. Much easier to find Shiny Pokemon. Try it. Although, I've got a female Pichu without chaining. Took her to many contests after becoming a Pikachu. ^_^

Never evolved it either, cuz it's just so adorable. <3

Edited by 綾波

I've found a Shiny Geodude, Raltz(Thank god it was female), and Ditto by chaining. Much easier to find Shiny Pokemon. Try it. Although, I've got a female Pichu without chaining. Too her to many contests after becoming a Pikachu. ^_^

Never evolved it either, cuz it's just so adorable. <3

I know about it, but...

Blah. Don't even know where Diamond version went off to.

Also I've gotten a couple of Shinies normally (Golbat, Whismur, a couple others but I forgot where I put them...)

aya, what's chaining?

I can answer that for you.

Tl;dr. Use Poke Radar, every time you defeat or capture a Pokemon the grass may rustle again and you have to enter the rustle that looked the same as previous - if you find the same Pokemon as the one you just battled, you are now chaining.