The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

WHERE IS HE?

... See, that's why I'm an elitist. Her English voice is horrendous and so is her English personality. /Rey.

So is Inigo's English voice. Shudder. Again, people find them hot but I find them too much for me.

You people find Japanese to be squeaky, I find them "normal" to my ears. I find English annoying and you all find them perfect.

Asleep, I hope.

Her personality is terrible? How so? Her gimmick is what's terrible: a shy dancer who doesn't want people staring at her, but wears a rather questionable outfit and her job is as stated, a dancer. Inigo's English voice and Japanese voice are fine, but really, who cares? I find it stupid to disregard a character because of their voice.

Well, you are Asian, so I can see where you're coming from.

• Replies 180.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

You people find Japanese to be squeaky, I find them "normal" to my ears. I find English annoying and you all find them perfect. I think I just give up. I'm not really in the mood. I don't see how people can come to the conclusion Japanese is "squeaky" but whatever. Remember, we all grew up differently and watching different shows.

If people were to actually test it(which we can), I am certain we would find that the Japanese female voices(at least the ones we've been talking about, aka Olivia's voice) are at a higher pitch.

I understand you being used to them, but claiming that the English voices are higher is just no.

...Of course there are exceptions.

Edited by David the SecondWorld

Asleep, I hope.

Her personality is terrible? How so? Her gimmick is what's terrible: a shy dancer who doesn't want people staring at her, but wears a rather questionable outfit and her job is as stated, a dancer. Inigo's English voice and Japanese voice are fine, but really, who cares? I find it stupid to disregard a character because of their voice.

Hope? I don't hope.

Rey pointed it out why. Assuming people called her an idiot. And I'm not disregarding anyone for their voice; that's why I will never put on English voices and I still love Azure/Inigo. Granted I haven't played the Jp version yet to really compare them fully yet.

That's a first. Though Criz is too but she can't tolerate Olivia's JP, if I read correctly at work.

Why are you an elitist anyway?

Because I prefer Japanese.

If people were to actually test it(which we can), I am certain we would find that the Japanese female voices(at least the ones we've been talking about, aka Olivia's voice) are at a higher pitch.

Just because they are at higher pitch does not mean they are intolerable or "too squeaky." I find it fine and tolerable, but hey, what does that matter? It's too squeaky for people and that's what matters.

Again, I'm tired from the shit I'm dealing with already so... but hey who cares.

Holy crap, Olivia's Japanese voice. God almighty, it's...ugh.

Her English voice wins.

I don't have a problem with either voice, to be honest.

... See, that's why I'm an elitist. Her English voice is horrendous and so is her English personality. /Rey.

So is Inigo's English voice. Shudder. Again, people find them hot but I find them too much for me.

You people find Japanese to be squeaky, I find them "normal" to my ears. I find English annoying and you all find them perfect. I think I just give up. I'm not really in the mood. I don't see how people can come to the conclusion Japanese is "squeaky" but whatever. Remember, we all grew up differently and watching different shows.

"Perfect" is quite the exaggeration in my case, anyway.

I'm Asian too...

I don't see why people say Olivia's trope makes no sense, there are plenty of people in the performing arts who are reserved (including me). Granted, it's exaggerated and her outfit doesn't quite suit her, but that's the designers' fault more than anything.

Just because they are at higher pitch does not mean they are intolerable or "too squeaky." I find it fine and tolerable, but hey, what does that matter? It's too squeaky for people and that's what matters.

I was more or less referring to you claiming that English voices are more squeaky.

Anyway, speaking of those exceptions I mentioned, Project X Zone has a distinct lack of the high pitched squeaky voices, which I am very grateful for.(granted, that game has plenty of other issues, but that's neither here nor there)

Luuul voices. I, myself, don't really care about voices and I leave them in their default setting. Well, Luminous Arc is the only exception. I muted everyone.

Hope? I don't hope.

Rey pointed it out why. Assuming people called her an idiot. And I'm not disregarding anyone for their voice; that's why I will never put on English voices and I still love Azure/Inigo. Granted I haven't played the Jp version yet to really compare them fully yet.

That's a first. Though Criz is too but she can't tolerate Olivia's JP, if I read correctly at work.

Don't be silly.

...That doesn't make someone's personality terrible. It was a stupid thing for the localization to put for her, but all because what Olivia said wasn't 'cute' doesn't make her personality terrible. The picture Rey posted about it had listed Olivia's Japanese sentence as 'kawaii' and her English sentence as 'not kawaii'. If that's what we're basing it on, then gg.

Glad to know you don't like our language. Personally I keep the English voices on because I'm too lazy to change them.

I see.

I don't have a problem with either voice, to be honest.

I'm Asian too...

I don't see why people say Olivia's trope makes no sense, there are plenty of people in the performing arts who are reserved (including me). Granted, it's exaggerated and her outfit doesn't quite suit her, but that's the designers' fault more than anything.

I don't have a problem with her Japanese voices, but I find it rather irritating. Especially when it gets really high. If it were her voice full-time, though, okay then.

I...didn't know that. (Wait, fuck, I did! Rando asked you about that.)

Constable Reggie made some points about Olivia, so I guess ask him.

Edited by ZMeister

Hope? I don't hope.

Because I prefer Japanese.

Again, I'm tired from the shit I'm dealing with already so... but hey who cares.

I can tolerate it. I just find it strange when half of the women I see in anime have really high-pitched voices. Real women have all different sorts of pitches in their voices is all.

We all deal with shit too, Shirley. ^^;

I come back home and see a shitstorm in this thread.

/expected

It's what we do best.