• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Im absolutely ridiculous. Seriously people, why is that because someone is crazy they have to have a killing fetish? What about fetishless people like me?

Crazy is too vague a word and can be interpreted in many ways. The way I see it, craziness occurs when someone is just lacking something mentally or morally that a normal person should have and goes to extremes for whatever it is he/she needs (In basic terms, highly irrational and unpredictable). An example would be, obsessing over something

Edited by Hero-King

Crazy is too vague a word and can be interpreted in many ways. The way I see it, craziness occurs when someone is just lacking something mentally or morally that a normal person should have and goes to extremes for whatever it is he/she needs (In basic terms, highly irrational and unpredictable). An example would be, obsessing over something

Unpredictable is word that describes me.

i want to thank you very much for not using the "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" quote. especially since by that logic, everyone who does intensive training is insane.

i want to thank you very much for not using the "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" quote. especially since by that logic, everyone who does intensive training is insane.

Isn't the point of intensive training be to expect the same thing (for example, to improve from before starting training?) than to expect something different?

Isn't the point of intensive training be to expect the same thing (for example, to improve from before starting training?) than to expect something different?

it depends on how you look at it...i mean, plenty of people would agree that someone repeatedly tapping their forehead against a wall is crazy, but it does make their forehead stronger(long term). in a long term sense, training is expecting the same result, but if you think about a single training session, the quote can apply in a sense...i dunno, it's such a gray area that i think the quote does a bad job at defining insanity.

it depends on how you look at it...i mean, plenty of people would agree that someone repeatedly tapping their forehead against a wall is crazy, but it does make their forehead stronger(long term). in a long term sense, training is expecting the same result, but if you think about a single training session, the quote can apply in a sense...i dunno, it's such a gray area that i think the quote does a bad job at defining insanity.

I suppose so. Because one can start a regime expecting a result. Then when it happens, they change expectation because they now want a different result (generally an improvement from the previous result), so it wouldn't fall under the definition of insanity of the quote, at least at first, since the result can change, which is why the expectations change.

Unpredictable is word that describes me.

If you're just really unpredictable then yeah, that can work. I mean, it'll take a bit of creativity, but it can work in the long run.

I suppose so. Because one can start a regime expecting a result. Then when it happens, they change expectation because they now want a different result (generally an improvement from the previous result), so it wouldn't fall under the definition of insanity of the quote, at least at first, since the result can change, which is why the expectations change.

Training is merely an attempt at improving oneself and isn't quite expecting the same result. It's more of expecting a better result and once you reach it, further repetition, or more conditions added onto the training are a means to ensure those result. Crazy and insane seem similar but are very different, because insanity is really just foolishness but taken to a higher level

Edited by Hero-King