• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinesis: The ability to create or manipulate and type of object or energy. Here are some examples:

Pyrokinesis: Manipulation of fire/heat energy.

Hydrokinesis: Manipulation of water, most often just in it's liquid form.

Cryokinesis: Manipulation of ice/coldness.

Electrokinesis: Manipulation of electricity.

Luminokinesis: Manipulation of light.

Aerokineses: Manipulation of wind/air.

Magnokineses: Manipulation of metals.

Telokinesis: Movement of objects from a distance.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

"A 71.6 kg man stands in a 126 kg rowboat at rest in still water. He faces the back of the boat and throws a 7.8 kg rock horizontally at a speed of 18 m/s. The boat recoils forward and comes to rest 3.61 m from its original position.The acceleration of gravity is 9.8 (meters/seconds*squared). Calculate the initial recoil speed of the

boat. Answer in units of m/s Your answer must be within ± 1.0%"
Part 2: "What is the effective coefficient of friction between the boat and water? Your answer must be within ± 1.0%"
DAMN YOU PHYSICS YOU'RE THE REASON I CAN'T GO FENCE TONIGHT ALSO MY TEACHER DID NOT TEACH THIS AND I CAN'T FIGURE OUT 2 OTHER PROBLEMS AS WELL AND IT'S DUE AT 11:30EST TONIGHT AND I NEED TO RANT.
DAMN THE LACK OF ROUNDING TOO. MAYBE I DON'T WANT TO WRITE 10 DECIMAL DIGITS FOR EVERYTHING.
...There goes proper grammar. But seriously, I'm screwed. >.<;

I spy a Criz.

Oh hi. xD

Edited by Crizix

"A 71.6 kg man stands in a 126 kg rowboat at rest in still water. He faces the back of the boat and throws a 7.8 kg rock horizontally at a speed of 18 m/s. The boat recoils forward and comes to rest 3.61 m from its original position.The acceleration of gravity is 9.8 (meters/seconds*squared). Calculate the initial recoil speed of the

Part 2: "What is the effective coefficient of friction between the boat and water? Your answer must be within ± 1.0%"
DAMN YOU PHYSICS YOU'RE THE REASON I CAN'T GO FENCE TONIGHT ALSO MY TEACHER DID NOT TEACH THIS AND I CAN'T FIGURE OUT 2 OTHER PROBLEMS AS WELL AND IT'S DUE AT 11:30EST TONIGHT AND I NEED TO RANT.
DAMN THE LACK OF ROUNDING TOO. MAYBE I DON'T WANT TO WRITE 10 DECIMAL DIGITS FOR EVERYTHING.

*has internet*

*Can't figure out how to solve math problems*

Seems legit.

Why yes, I do have to be an asshole about this.

*has internet*

Seems legit.

Internet won't tell me shit I don't know already. :C

oh god, crizix started saying all these words that made me uncomfortable until i realized they were her physics homework :X

Sorry, but I desperately need some help because GOOGLE is mocking me.

Internet won't tell me shit I don't know already. :C

http://www.ehow.com/how_10005514_calculate-recoil-speed.html

This was the fourth link from the top when I typed in 'how to calculate recoil speed'.

A. Plus. Me.

*reads physics problem*

Ow, my head ]:

I'd help, but that... I have no idea ]:

I doesn't look that intimidating, does it?

Oh hi. xD

Being 1 the system man + boat, and 2 the rock,

Q1=Q2

m1*v1=m2*v2

197.6*v1=7.8*18

v=0.71m/s

let me get my books to remember exactly hoe to do the second one, although I kinda know

*has internet*

Seems legit.

That's physics, not math >:O

Edited by Tonton

Oh hi. xD

I am the worst at cheering people up.

So here's an amusing image instead:

hDzk3RT.jpeg