The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

That explains it.

In the valley it usually goes from either spectrum of hell, hot as hell in the summer, and cold as hell in the winter. >_>

Hey, that's not a bad thing! Well, I'll give you the cold... but the heat is enjoyable.

• Replies 180.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

100+ Fahrenheit weather is anything but enjoyable

That's what we get here practically everyday during Summer. And sometimes during Winter.

I don't know you, but I do enjoy it.

Got Windows 10

It already seems better than 8

I like it thus far (aka the past minute or so)

Well, isn't anything better than 8?

I've been sweating nonstop for like a month.

How did I miss this? lmao

I find a lot of complaints regarding Windows 8 to be highly exaggerated or unfounded, thus making the dislike for it also highly overblown.

However, I'm always up for hearing out why people dislike Windows 8, so go ahead. Over the years I've heard a few legit reasons why (mainly involving how Windows 8 doesn't provide much of a performance increase over 7, etc).

Edited by Interest

I find a lot of complaints regarding Windows 8 to be highly exaggerated or unfounded, thus making the dislike for it also highly overblown.

However, I'm always up for hearing out why people dislike Windows 8, so go ahead. Over the years I've heard a few legit reasons why (mainly involving how Windows 8 doesn't provide much of a performance increase over 7, etc).

Those people most likely bandwagon, I am not those people.

Even I know Win 8, considering I have it, isn't worth all the hate it gets, still doesn't mean I prefer it, like it, or would recommend it. Also, performance increase? There isn't even one at all, as far as I noticed, navigating it is a pain, and of course, compatibility with certain stuff, but that one is kinda case-by-case and a matter of time, really.

The only interesting feature I've found and messed around with is that facial recognition feature. You know, assuming that wasn't present in Win 7. Granted it takes longer than typing in a password, but it's neat enough.

Those people most likely bandwagon, I am not those people.

Even I know Win 8, considering I have it, isn't worth all the hate it gets, still doesn't mean I prefer it, like it, or would recommend it. Also, performance increase? There isn't even one at all, as far as I noticed, navigating it is a pain, and of course, compatibility with certain stuff, but that one is kinda case-by-case and a matter of time, really.

The only interesting feature I've found and messed around with is that facial recognition feature. You know, assuming that wasn't present in Win 7. Granted it takes longer than typing in a password, but it's neat enough.

There is a slight performance increase from what I can tell (boot times seem faster overall, etc), and this was on the original 8 before any post-release updates. It is overall insignificant and that was what I was referring to as a valid complaint with Windows 8. It is worth mentioning that having Windows 7-level performance and stability is probably a boon in itself considering how disastrous some OS releases were initially.

Also, I find navigation to be a bit better. I personally wasn't a big fan of the Windows 7 searching - it felt a lot slower overall and it sometimes couldn't find things. I also found it was really easy to bloat the start menu if you pinned shortcuts to it, ultimately resulting in me using the taskbar more - a habit that has stayed in Windows 8. This is coming from someone who was confused by Windows 8 initially (I installed it shortly after release), but kept an open mind and worked at it, just like I always do with what is generally a neutral interface change (new Skype does not fall under this).

Furthermore, while the charms bar can fuck up very rarely (this is easily fixed by restarting explorer.exe), it feels a lot more intuitive, even with mouse controls. I find myself sweeping the mouse to the top right, clicking on search, and finding pretty much anything I need.

Another thing I noticed that Windows 7 does not seem to have is a more informative task manager like 8. While the first tab showing all the running processes, their CPU, RAM, disc, and network usage in a very clear, readable manner appeals to a number junkie like me, the big change was merging Startup management into the task manager (4th tab), which makes it really easy to make changing boot time and login time more user-friendly. There's even a nice old-school task manager style in one of the tabs if you want to find malicious programs that might not show up on the 1st tab.

Edited by Interest

Goggles...on!

4jntV74.gif

This is perfect.

Seriously what is the drinking age in gensokyo.

5 iirc

Got back from my sister's place, stayed for 2-3 days. Had fun.

Got to play SSB4 with her boyfriend. He's pretty good, and fun to play.

Edited by Draco