Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Can he really?

You can sue anybody for anything in America.

1 minute ago, shez guevara said:

they have absolutely nothing they can sue me on, and even if they did they have no witness reports and evidence on their side. 

besides the wife does not really look interested in suing considering she was fucking SCOLDING her husband as he was moaning in pain on the asphalt, and sympathetically smiling at me

I'd talk to a lawyer just to be on the safe side.  Even if they don't have a case, it doesn't mean a lawyer won't convince them to try to get money out of you.

Just now, shez guevara said:

there's really nothing they can get out of me though, any lawyer cunning enough to wring a few cents out of this ordeal is prolly gonna cost way more than he'll actually give to the customer lol.

you don't sue unless you are 100% sure you will win, if they were gonna sue the lady would've been very aggressive at the scene of the crime trying to make me say something incriminating, and she wasn't even close to that.

They can try to get money out of your parents, since you're a minor.

People sue without really expecting to win all the time.  They sue in the hopes that the defendant will try to settle out of court to avoid the time and mess of going to trial.

You can't really go by how the woman acted at the scene.  In the heat of the moment she might act one way, but if she sniffs the possibility of a pay day, or a lawyer friend hears her story and wants to take you to court, you should be prepared.

well, i'm glad you didn't get injured! feel sorry for that car though, and the windshield

also congratulations for celebrating a birthday with your dad, my parents usually take me out to eat on their birthdays but they don't really think much of their birthdays or expect anything from me and it makes me feel bad

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I should keep all that in mind, if I ever get a driver's liscence... considering things...

What's that?

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I don't trust myself before a steering wheel.

I've driven over 300,000 miles, it's not so bad.

How's your foot pain been?

took a math quiz, i thought we would have more material from this week than the last week so i studied this week's material... and it had exactly 2 questions of this week's material! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! i think i did fine though.

other than that we watched an adaption of twelfth night in class (i really liked this play, shakespeare is better when he's jocular) and went home to read hanachirasu, which was also great but short. would recommend you play through it at least once, akane is a great protagonist and stands out from the rest of them all

1 minute ago, shez guevara said:

fug math man.

Yeah shakespeare comedy is sooooooo underrated. Shakespeare in general was just a pretty meme-y dude, but history only seems to remember for the all the tragic monologues of hamlet, romeo and juliet etc. I really liked the play too, CROSS-DRESSING XDDDDDDDDDDDD

okay, ill start on it tomorrow! i hope it isn't hard to install.

also chen i was listening to the yu no ost when the accident happened, what does this mean???

math is only satisfying when you're correct, just like with everything else in life :smug:
who the fuck even IS shakespare, though? we barely know anything about the man. people even theorize that he's actually multiple people, but i do think that a person could have written works as great as his. i used to be not so big of a fan of shakespeare and didn't know what the point was. but reading them now, i really appreciate how much he packs in such a limited format. it's like short stories, but shorter, and he has his way with words

you literally just use an installer for it and it runs, you can't mess installing hanachirasu up dude

it means that the old man was actually your father! or your son! and the old woman was probably your daughter too

2 minutes ago, Chen said:

math is only satisfying when you're correct, just like with everything else in life :smug:
who the fuck even IS shakespare, though? we barely know anything about the man. people even theorize that he's actually multiple people, but i do think that a person could have written works as great as his. i used to be not so big of a fan of shakespeare and didn't know what the point was. but reading them now, i really appreciate how much he packs in such a limited format. it's like short stories, but shorter, and he has his way with words

you literally just use an installer for it and it runs, you can't mess installing hanachirasu up dude

it means that the old man was actually your father! or your son! and the old woman was probably your daughter too

We actually know quite a bit about Shakespeare, for a commoner born over 400 years ago.

2 minutes ago, shez guevara said:

chen, wise beyond your years!

yeah, we don't even know how to spell his name! sometimes he spelled it shakespear sometimes shakespeare the man just refuses to be biographied.

nah, that whole "shakespeare stole all his ideas" has been pretty debunked. And if he did take the ideas for his stories from earlier sources, it's not so much the premises that make his works so amazing. it's, as you said, his amazing command of the english language, and the way he makes you THINK and FEEL towards the characters. 

my shakespearean acting class i took in middle school was not a waste after all! I truly believe that if you can understand shakespeare you can understand a whole lot about life and humans in general.

it's pretty interesting because most classics don't have super complex premises, but rather really good prose. you can make anything into a snorefest if you don't know how to write it, but you can turn something as mundane as a man killing a person and feeling bad about it into a classic? what do you think, do you prefer prose and execution or a complex plot more

what kind of school has a shakespearean acting class

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

By chasing the rabbit into the hole

what if i chase the dragon instead?

Definitely prose. I take something like game of thrones, which has a ridiculously complex and convoluted, twisting plot line, but absolutely god awful prose, quantity over quality. The books are thousands and thousands of pages of literal garbage for that reason.

Ideally, I prefer both though.

It wasn't a school, i was doing this summer program thing which I qualified into by taking the ACT and they had a wide variety of classes you could take. I ended up taking the shakespeare class cuz uhhhh i dunno why, but it really helped developed me a lot, i think.

is game of thrones really that bad? i've never read it lol. speaking of, what makes good prose? what makes BAD prose? i've never thought of it, but i did significantly prefer the writing in hanachirasu (which really drew me in) compared to demonbane (i put this on the backburner to read hanachirasu). are there any rules to good writing, what to and not to do?

the ideal is both, but most books focus toward prose/character building over having convoluted plotlines and what, incest? 

summer camp sounds like hell, but i got a job last summer and it was actually pretty fun

I want to read Game of Thrones, but haven't had time to read novels, lately.  Maybe I'll get it on tape, so I can listen to it, while I drive.

1 hour ago, shez guevara said:

besides this event, my day was pretty uneventful, was my dad's birthday so I celebrated by eating a lot of food and giving him a card full of eloquent expression of love between father and son.

but yeah uhh im still kinda taking that whole event in.

When was the other time you almost killed a man?

enh it's sort of a long story, and I dont really think I put anyone's life in really THAT much danger in said situation. dont feel like typing it all out right now. prolly shouldn't have included "again" in there lol.

Okay, maybe another time

Like I said, i think it has a decent storyline and some characters, it's just that george rr martin is an ass writer. And also he's a hack and needs to end the fucking series REEE.

What makes martin's prose bad, imo at least, is his lack of emotion and creativity in it. He spends paragraphs on ends giving description of details that aren't even that relevant, his writing in parts that should have more emotional weight just runs stale. 

Prose that ultimately lacks imagination, is what I'd consider bad. The writer's main goal through their prose is to set a mood, to make the reader think and feel a certain way. To do this, the prose needs to be able to draw the reader's attention into what REALLY matters the most, and also should have enough feeling and thought packed into it (whether it be positive or negative) to leave an effective mark on the reader.

Writing is very subjective, but I believe the best writing is a dialogue between the author and the reader, if that makes any sense. A conversation of ideas, discourse back and forth as the reader is absorbed by the prose into the world the writer creates. idunno, hard for me to put to words.

It was hell! 3 weeks of it, all I wanted to do was go home, but at least I got some experience living away from home I guess.

how are you supposed to finish up a story with so many different plotlines satisfactorily? i'd nuke it completely and say that the readers are dumb for putting up with my shit and then, someday, somebody will see the ending as some sort of literary achievement/trick writing by a legend

there are some books that intentionally strip away emotion from the words but have a certain sense of creativity/uniqueness to them. but i agree, you have to charge the words with emotion. make the reader feel or empathize, books are a pretty emotional thing. though i don't blame him for being a hack writer when his books are bricksized - how did he get a following that large, i wonder

i'd also compare writing to having an author project a vision to a reader's mind, though what people see is different for each person. that's what makes reading fun, but most of the time you can see that the writer is trying to convey a certain idea (if they aren't a hack, you can see a cohesive theme in their writings and everything has a purpose, characters are motivated, nobody is a plot device, the reader can interpret the author's ideas and think on them, or have a certain feeling evoked.)

do you think that some writings have more worth than others? obviously something i wrote in 2nd grade doesn't have as much worth as uh, pride and prejudice