• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

poor phil working down in the coal mines

eb41b51d10.png

i somewhat can't believe he thinks what he does is harder than a 9-5 job

i'd take his position immediately and be fucking grateful about it

Edited by Tryhard

I heard NG+ gets sort of ridiculous, but I wouldn't imagine level recommendation being a fair indicator of difficulty tbh

it does feel kind of like bloodborne where I have only had one finished playthrough of it. enjoyed it, though.

Yep, game is as bad as you think it was going to be. It goes all out to push its political view points. It's not just a case of "x amount of characters are y". The actual dialogue and story beats, are heavy handed and on the nose, with its views.

From everything I've read and seen the game pushes these things:

* The matriarchy is the only way for humanity to be saved. The game's plot blames destruction and lack of progress on Men.

* Divides people by race. It has bizarre undertones of racism, where only black men or feminine men, are capable of standing next to the matriarchy to help progress society (and all white Men do is destroy everything).

* There is actually dialogue in the game, that states that Men destroy, whereas women try to save and progress. There is a pivotal story moment, where the main character cuts down the idea of ever having a Male child. And proclaims that she wants to save the world, so she would have a female (you can't make this up. They actually say this in the dialogue).

* Game implies that Men have no place in science or progression. 

I'm a woman, and even I'm turned off by all of this. Despite everyone telling me how bold and empowering Alloy is, I've always thought her character design was bland (and her personality annoying). But when I see actual cut scenes with dialogue and story beats this awful, it's a major turn off. The women I know, would also find this a turn off. We don't think our gender is superior to Men, believe that Men are the root cause of destruction. All we want is for men and women to be treated equally. This game is complete pandering, and has awful writing.

Everyone should be offended by this crap.

Edited by Tryhard

i love the assumption that any video games are pushing you towards doing or thinking a certain way

it's the exact same mentality that jack thompson and how all the other "video games are murder simulators" people think that these people probably hate

Edited by Tryhard

what's the easiest way to stomp bloodborne pve?

arcane, chikage bloodtinge, early whirligig saw?

i've done arcane but I've kinda wanted to go back with a kek playthrough to see if i actually finish the dlc this time without eventually losing my save