Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Nobody said:

final fantasy xiii really is a hallway simulator

i'd be playing nioh instead if i had went to the game store today and bought it but oh well, i didn't

now i have to explore hallways with a bitchy pink haired girl with anger management issues, because i don't really have anything else to play

i should play some falcom games

2 hours ago, Emeraldfox said:

Tits

have u been playing it

>"we can use the lights to help us move the right direction"

>game is literally a single corridor that you can't get lost on

i'm enjoying it, tho. battle system is cool

i should start nioh though

final fantasy 13 is a better game than people say

though people love final fantasy 10 and it really is as linear as ff13 but people didn't give it nearly as much shit for that, even if it does disguise it better

still, very bad decision to confine the game to linearity until gran pulse the same way ffx is until thunder plains-calm lands

Edited by Tryhard

are str builds good in nioh? are they overly slow?

8 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

though people love final fantasy 10 and it really is as linear as ff13 but people didn't give it nearly as much shit for that, even if it does disguise it better

still, very bad decision to confine the game to linearity until gran pulse the same way ffx is until thunder plains-calm lands

final fantasy fans are the kings of hyperbole

i really loved ffxv and there are some ff fans that claim that game is the antichrist

tbh i can't really blame them, considering i do the same thing with wind waker

iirc part of the linearity of ffxiii came from the problems square enix had with their engine. it's also one of the reasons ffxv took 10 years to be made (and they had to change engines eventually because the old one couldn't handle it).

Edited by Nobody

6 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

tbf people say it's complete and utter garbage and an affront for all that is good so it's not too hard to be better than that

stamina strength build is probably better if you want to use heavy armor and axes primarily - since axes are the only weapon that scale with stamina and stamina is probably more useful than strength on its own

spears are cheesy easy mode and they also scale with the stat that gives you the most hp so literally the safest

1kat is a generally balanced weapon that is great

kusarigama is cheesy and fun as well but I haven't had much experience with it or 2kat

The first DLC “The Dragon of Tohoku” will include new weapon types, a new scenario, new characters, new guardian spirits, new yokai and new areas.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/02/20/ps4-exclusive-nioh-free-updates-paid-dlc-detailed-still-hard-find-japanese-stores/

it does need new weapon types and new yokai tbh

4 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

stamina strength build is probably better if you want to use heavy armor and axes primarily - since axes are the only weapon that scale with stamina and stamina is probably more useful than strength on its own

spears are cheesy easy mode and they also scale with the stat that gives you the most hp so literally the safest

1kat is a generally balanced weapon that is great

kusarigama is cheesy and fun as well but I haven't had much experience with it or 2kat

3 minutes ago, shezzy said:

axe seems to be decent, if you're used to using weapons that consume stamina like a motherfucker

spear is STR but is really OP ez mode

so yeah

hmm, i see. I always make a point to go with str builds in rpgs, but i'm not really into axes and heavy armors and i don't want to break it with the suposedly broken spears

what would be the best opition? STR + someone else would also be fine. Do katanas scale with str as well?

Edited by Nobody

9 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

look for something with strength on here

https://github.com/nioh-wiki/nioh-wiki/wiki/Stats

tells you the scaling and effect of each stat too

nice list, thanks

i'll probably go with spear + sword or axe because i'm a filthy casul hehe

7 minutes ago, shezzy said:

You get the option of picking a secondary weapon as well. 1kat does have decent strength scaling iirc, but they're pretty good regardless of how you spec'd imo. Going axe + 1kat seems like a pretty decent setup, that being said

wait, are katana and sword the same thing?

just don't expect the game to be super hard

it's kinda unlike souls in the regard that it's very easily breakable 

those early bosses can be a bitch tho tbh

Edited by Tryhard