The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

"On the battlefield, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shades of Valentia is a delightful look into the simpler combat of Fire Emblem’s past. Elsewhere, it carefully guides the series forward into new territory. There’s not as much depth as I expect from this series, but whether I was exploring 3D forests, shrines, and caves in a series first, or learning first hand why Fire Emblem’s early entries are considered a formidable challenge, it was usually good old-fashioned fun."

IGN - 7.8

shades of valentia

ign

not enough waifus

7.8/10

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

"It is weaker than the last few games, but those bars were set so high that I won't hold that against it."

that's a very reasonable opinion tbh

19 minutes ago, shezzy said:

i miss the old fire emblem, back when the series had it's priorities straight: waifus.

veterans like ign and destructoid have a right to be disappointed to see their tactical dating sim jump the shark

conquest set fire emblem priorities straight: gameplay, while ignoring all the rest.

this memey "new fire emblem has bad gameplay" needs to die. I mean, Awakening was lame ish, but if you dislike new fire emblem, there's a 99.9 chance you do because of setting/waifuism/fanservice/whatever rather than gameplay. So these people are the ones that don't care about gameplay. /triggered

i can't agree because awakening bored me that I barely completed it and I didn't even buy fates because I just wasn't interested

but I dunno, it seems like a rather condescending thing to put in a review

Edited by Tryhard

i mean, yeah, but let's not pretend gaiden of all thigns had better gameplay than them

also, conquest is the series at its best, so it's not like is "lost it" lol

Edited by Nobody

and really I don't care about waifus

fire emblem always had waifus

I don't care for how they do the marriage system compared to FE4 that I think was better executed and had a point, but i honestly don't mind it

i mean, yeah, but let's not pretend gainde of all thigns had better gameplay than them

also, conquest is the series at its best, so it's not like is "lost it" lol

and really I don't care about waifus

fire emblem always had waifus

I don't care for how they do the marriage system compared to FE4 that I think was better executed and had a point, but i honestly don't mind it

IS has always had hit or miss gameplay

but awakening and gaiden have a lot of similarities - awakening's map design is as shit as gaiden - and fates has 1/3rd of a game that is supposedly good gameplay

but i prefer the presentation and some of the more experimental design decisions in echoes so I couldn't care less that the gameplay along with awakening and 2/3rd of fates is unbalanced af

1 minute ago, shezzy said:

its not so much the waifus that bother me in the new fire emblem, but the way that adding a shitty MU self-insert really does make it seem like dating sim.

fe12 did it first, sadbois

and he made the game just worse considering how much of the fe3 plot is rewritten to suck MU dick

and be OP

fe12 still good though

Edited by Tryhard

4 minutes ago, shezzy said:

its not so much the waifus that bother me in the new fire emblem, but the way that adding a shitty MU self-insert really does make it seem like dating sim.

still better than

overrated trash tellius

ever since i lost all shame about browsing serenes forest on my laptop in public, my studies have gotten less productive

pls shezzy go back to a touhou avatar or something so i'm ashamed of this forum again