The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

then again, it's not really uncommon. there was some dumb ass figure like seven out of ten British people wanted a ban on Bulgarian and Romanian workers in the UK that was eventually struck down by the EU at one point

I suppose the Big Lie that immigrants cost the working and middle class more than upper class laws never really goes away.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Vale, the company responsible for TWO major environmental catastrophes, had their stock plummet. However, it's already rising back up again, because human dignity and life have no value.

16 minutes ago, Яei Яei said:

Vale, the company responsible for TWO major environmental catastrophes, had their stock plummet. However, it's already rising back up again, because human dignity and life have no value.

*slaps wrist* bad Vale

back to normal

But really, the stock market doesn't have much to do with "punishing" it or not. It's very reactive. As yesterday's drop was huge, people bought the stock predicting it would recover, which caused it to recover (since a lot of people bought it). It happens often whenever there's a huge drop.

I just wish those motherfuckers would be forced to pay their fines and their directors get arrested. Fuck them hard.

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

But really, the stock market doesn't have much to do with "punishing" it or not. It's very reactive. As yesterday's drop was huge, people bought the stock predicting it would recover, which caused it to recover (since a lot of people bought it). It happens often whenever there's a huge drop.

But that's the whole issue. In the end it still is about making a profit out of criminal actions, and the system pretty much encourages one to do so.

If it were about punishment, stock value going down wouldn't even be taken into consideration. But alas, directors, CEOs, COOs, presidents, they seem to be immune to the law because they are the top brass of billionaire companies. Something similar happened to Exxon a while back. Still making huge profits.

And we have to see libertarians lammenting, feeling sorry for the owners. Such bullshit.

I feel like it isn't the fault of the stock or people buying it in itself, but rather of the government and the "justice" system who only give fucking Vale a slap in the wrist (if anything) for their terrible mistakes. They should have been fucking destroyed after Mariana.

It certainly doesn't help that Minas Gerais elected a fucking dumb libertarian caipira as their governor. Not that I think Pimentel would do any better at all lol, but a fucking libertarian?

Minas is such a wonderful and beautiful state, it sadens me to see this sort of stuff happening in it.

Edited by Nobody

4 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

are libertarians actually a real thing outside of the US

like I thought they were mystical beings

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Party_(Brazil)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romeu_Zema

Since 2015, Brazil has imported the worst of the American right. The right (other than evangelicals, who actually used to whore themselves to the center-left government other than on social issues) was sort of dormant until then, but after 2014 it woke up in full force.

As I said, PSL, Bolsonaro's part, is pretty much the GOP transplanted to Brazil, and partido NOVO are libertarians who came out of nowhere and managed to get the government of the second largest state in the country.

Edited by Nobody

8 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I feel like it isn't the fault of the stock or people buying it in itself, but rather of the government and the "justice" system who only give fucking Vale a slap in the wrist (if anything) for their terrible mistakes. They should have been fucking destroyed after Mariana.

It certainly doesn't help that Minas Gerais elected a fucking dumb libertarian caipira as their governor. Not that I think Pimentel would do any better at all lol, but a fucking libertarian?

Minas is such a wonderful and beautiful state, it sadens me to see this sort of stuff happening in it.

Pimental had more to do with this than Zema, but it's not like that dumb piece of shit wouldn't be more lax on proper fiscalization to "cut costs". He, alongside Novo, is the personification of the horribleness that leads to disasters like this.

3 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

brazilian libertarians are even worse. 

8 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Pimental had more to do with this than Zema, but it's not like that dumb piece of shit wouldn't be more lax on proper fiscalization to "cut costs". He, alongside Novo, is the personification of the horribleness that leads to disasters like this.

3 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

brazilian libertarians are even worse. 

1 minute ago, Яei Яei said:

Yeah, that's what I meant. Not only Pimentel didn't try to prevent stuff like this at all, he also left Minas completely broke among other problems, truly a terrible governor, but as you said, Novo's policies are the sort of stuff that causes this shit.

1 minute ago, Яei Яei said:

Yeah, that's what I meant. Not only Pimentel didn't try to prevent stuff like this at all, he also left Minas completely broke among other problems, truly a terrible governor, but as you said, Novo's policies are the sort of stuff that causes this shit.

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

i don't understand what they want

do they want a no-deal brexit?

I don't know what anyone wants.

they don't want a no-deal brexit but they also don't want May's deal because they say it's pretty much like staying in the EU in name. but the final date is march 29th and the government is just incompetent. they will blame the EU for not being able to secure a deal if that happens.

but the whole thing with the no-deal brexit is that it could reignite hysteria in Ireland because Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland would gain a hard border if NI fully leaves the EU while the Republic is still in the EU. a border of this kind would be seen as an infringement on the Good Friday agreement which signed the ends of 30 years of political and religious terrorism in Ireland between the IRA and UK loyalists.

Troubles_deaths_by_perpetrator.png

and i'm sure everyone wants that to happen again