Nintendo Power previewing this?

Esaka

They also previewed Fire Emblem 4. Serlis and Zigludo never saw the light of day ;)

Add FE6 to that also. Granted, it was a small little segment at the bottom of a page, but enough of one that had one of the old pre-release screenshots and Roy's beta Official Art (which reminds me, I still need to try and rescan that clipping...)

---------

I'd be more interested to know if FE12 had a preview or mention in NP though, since it had the honor of following titles in the series that had been localized, unlike FE4/6's previews. If it did, I wouldn't necessarily count this as proof positive of good news on the localization front. :/

Edited by Lord Glenn

It's been mentioned I'm sure, but only in passing. I haven't kept up with the magazine for... years, but they had a habit of mentioning when Japan was seeing a new sequel in a series that was selling hot.

Add FE6 to that also. Granted, it was a small little segment at the bottom of a page, but enough of one that had one of the old pre-release screenshots and Roy's beta Official Art (which reminds me, I still need to try and rescan that clipping...)

That art is from a later build of the game :) There's a short video clip of gameplay which is much different from the early, early Maiden of Darkness screens. Are you sure they were shown together? If so, the magazine chose some really random pics without checking anything about them >.>

Edited by Celice

I'd be more interested to know if FE12 had a preview or mention in NP though, since it had the honor of following titles in the series that had been localized, unlike FE4/6's previews. If it did, I wouldn't necessarily count this as proof positive of good news on the localization front. :/

I remember FE12 was briefly mentioned in a Nintendo Power article a couple years back. IIRC, the article was covering games that were coming soon to Japan.

In regards to the preview of FE13 in the newest issue, it'd be easier to see what the preview says about it to give any guess as to what it means.

That art is from a later build of the game :) There's a short video clip of gameplay which is much different from the early, early Maiden of Darkness screens. Are you sure they were shown together? If so, the magazine chose some really random pics without checking anything about them >.>

I can't be certain, but I'm fairly sure that it was the awkward battle scene that was shown in the article along with the beta artwork. After clipping the art out of the magazine, I donated it to a local game shop since there weren't any other articles in that volume that I wanted to save. So, I can't go back and check the article myself. I do know that the segment about FE6 was near the front of the magazine, shortly after Player's Pulse, and that the article had to show up between Volume 143 and 174 (exclusive, as I have those two issues - Volume 174 has stuff from Blazing Sword in it, so it must be before then and Volume 143 was NP's first mention of the GBA). If anyone has issues in that range, then we might be able to double check; though, it's a trivial detail at best.

EDIT - Hold off on those Volume numbers. Volume 141 has the "HP Bars on the side" screenshot (using Maiden of Darkness as the name) in the issue. It wasn't the issue with the art though, but I'm double checking some of the other issues again.

EDIT2 - Okay, it's definitely post-Volume 137. I don't have 138-140; it's not in 142-146; I don't have 147-149; it's not in 150, and the next Volume after that that I kept was 164 (which is January '03, which would be after FE6 was released). So, that should narrow down the range somewhat.

----------------------

I'd wager that the preview in NP for FE13 is probably more of the same (just saying, "Hey, this is coming out for the 3DS in Japan!") and it'll probably use images from the 3DS Conference.

Edited by Lord Glenn

I remember FE12 was briefly mentioned in a Nintendo Power article a couple years back. IIRC, the article was covering games that were coming soon to Japan.

In regards to the preview of FE13 in the newest issue, it'd be easier to see what the preview says about it to give any guess as to what it means.

FE12 was only announced just last year, though... If anything, only about the last dozen issues would even possibly contain anything about it.

As a subscriber for a few years, I'd like to say that I don't recall any particular articles that highlighted the game. If there were any, they were probably nothing more than passing mentions in articles about upcoming Japanese games, like Celice said.

Edited by Hazukiwi

I apologize for not reading the whole thread, as I'm in a bit of a hurry, but are you actively looking for the beta "official" art of Roy? I have a non-screenshot copy of it that came from Nintendo Power volume 155 (with 007: Agent Under Fire on the cover). I donated a clean scan to the FESS website but it was never uploaded. >o< If you guys want it, I can try to scan it again! If you have a copy of that magazine, it's on page 24, bottom right corner. It's been loving tacked to my wall since I was like, twelve. XD ♥

I apologize for not reading the whole thread, as I'm in a bit of a hurry, but are you actively looking for the beta "official" art of Roy? I have a non-screenshot copy of it that came from Nintendo Power volume 155 (with 007: Agent Under Fire on the cover). I donated a clean scan to the FESS website but it was never uploaded. >o< If you guys want it, I can try to scan it again! If you have a copy of that magazine, it's on page 24, bottom right corner. It's been loving tacked to my wall since I was like, twelve. XD ♥

No, I have the art, cut out from likely the very same issue that you just mentioned. (Was it to the right of an "article" about Marth and Roy's quotes from Melee?) I was merely mentioning that I needed to try and rescan said art as I had attempted once before (to put a clearer picture up for the Pre-release section here) but the scan wasn't the greatest of quality. (That being said, I'm sure that Vincent would still want a better picture than what I linked from that page...) Think you could confirm what the beta screenshot of FE6 was, since you've got the issue?

That reminds me, I believe Lord Glenn submitted a scan to me, but I was really busy or something and I must have completely forgotten about it. Or I think we were trying to improve the scan, since it was really grainy, but got stuck : (

If it's not a bother, could you scan the page, so I could see how it looks?

Back on topic, I'll wait to see what the preview is like before stating anything. While I expect this game to hit Western shores, I think the timing is way too early for NP to confirm this. I'd definitely like to be wrong though : P

No, I have the art, cut out from likely the very same issue that you just mentioned. (Was it to the right of an "article" about Marth and Roy's quotes from Melee?) I was merely mentioning that I needed to try and rescan said art as I had attempted once before (to put a clearer picture up for the Pre-release section here) but the scan wasn't the greatest of quality. (That being said, I'm sure that Vincent would still want a better picture than what I linked from that page...) Think you could confirm what the beta screenshot of FE6 was, since you've got the issue?

Ah! I understand! And yes, it was one of the SSBM "secret files" with a blurb on Marth and Roy. :D

As for the screenshot, do you mean the image appearing in same issue as the official art, or a different issue? The shot in v.155 is still a beta screenshot, but it's yet another variation on the HP bar and statistical data, and is neither the finished version nor the version with sword HP-bar. If you mean a different issue, I'm not sure I can help, as I v.152 is the earliest issue I own. >o<

FE12 had a full page of coverage in Issue 257 (pg 24), alongside The Last Story. Granted it was in the News from Japan section, and it was titled Japan's Summer of RPG's, but it was covered. I don't think this FE13 article means anything except that the game is coming out in Japan.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure it will come here, due especially to the fact that it is pioneering Nintendo's new DLC approach.

Edited by Ragnell

Ah, my post wasn't clear. I was saying there's not even a page worth of information available in general. All we have is about five minutes of footage that doesn't show much, and information that various mechanics from across the series are returning. EVERYTHING ESLE is pure speculation. So, there's not even enough content to write something about the game on... other than, Hey, it's coming, here's some pictures.

:]