Anyone up for some playtesting?

FalconVegeta1986

"My nerves are shot. I feel like I've forgotten to tie my cord before a bungee jump!"

So, like many people here, i've been working on a hack of FE7, and after reaching the story's first major point, i've decided that it might be a good idea to get a few people to test it for me. For the most part, I need help and advice making sure that the game is balanced, but I also would like to know if everything so far actually makes sense, as well as if the hack is worth continuing, because as i've learned, it's alot of work to make a hack when you have to go at it alone. I guess that could be part of the objective as well, getting people interested enough to help or contribute to it (at this point, custom music is impossible with my computer, as sappy just doesn't want to do anything for me).

With that being said, i'm looking for up to 4 people with some free time on their hands (preferably those who can play it and respond within a few days) to play it a few times and tell me what feels right and what needs to be changed/fixed, keeping in mind that while I am pretty flexible and will consider any suggestion, there are a few things that I won't budge on. The file also includes a readme of things I already know, as well as things you need to know for checking every nook and cranny of the hack.

If you can't tell by now, i'm really nervous about putting myself out there like this, but it has to be done eventually. So, the patch will be PM'd to you after you sign up, and i'd prefer to have all comments be through PM (Although, I can't stop you from posting here). And of course, I hope you have fun playing my game!biggrin.gif

Those interested:

1. Celice - finished

2. Bolting

3. Jubby

4. Stachlingo

Extras:

HF Makalov Fanboy Kai - finished

Kopfjager

Edited by Eliwood of Pherae

I have much time to test it now .

So were suppposed to check that the story makes sense and motivates , nobody is OP/Worthless etc .

I would advice you publish the growth rates to your testes .

Count me in if you want .

I have much time to test it now .

So were suppposed to check that the story makes sense and motivates , nobody is OP/Worthless etc .

I would advice you publish the growth rates to your testes .

Count me in if you want .

Pretty much, and letting me know anything that I might want to change or fix.

I think i'll post growth rates after everyone finishes since i'd like to compare results for certain characters.

Should be in your mailbox Stachlingo.

And that's that. I'll be waiting for your responses when you finish (or if somehow you don't, we'll see what happens).

Edited by Eliwood of Pherae

Fanfic Hunter and Aelphaeis, i'll keep you in mind for the next time I need beta-testers. Sorry guys, but 6 people should be more than enough, and I don't want to get swarmed with too many different opinions yet. Unless it's someone who wants to play it right now as a possible contributor (I do need someone to fix up the custom mugslaugh.gif).

• 2 weeks later...